OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Fantastic Four #1 :pimp: I liked it. Only thing I wish it had was a recap page for Ben and Johnny's skirmishes with the GOTG and Inhumans, 'cause I didn't read any of that. :lol:

It was a tease :lol: , but it's a rebuild. I liked the use of a signal starting and ending the issue. Kinda dope seeing Reed get the attention of everyone from somewhere in the galaxy. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

uncannyxmen2018disassembled.jpg

"X-MEN DISASSEMBLED brings together nearly every mutant left on earth in a story that threatens to destroy them – an epic tale of mystery and tragic disappearance, with an adventure so earth-shattering, it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!"

UNCANNY X-MEN #1
Written by ED BRISSON, KELLY THOMPSON, MATTHEW ROSENBERG
Art by MAHMUD ASRAR and more (issue #1)
Art by R.B. SILVA (issue #2)
Art by YILDIRAY CINAR (issue #3)
Covers by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
On Sale 11/14/18

X-Men could only benefit from a true disassembled event.

Just hope the right creative is on the relaunch.

If they want to funnel down the primary X-Men team, I can understand that. I wonder what this means for the offshoot teams. I heard it's going to be the only X-book and a weekly like No Surrender. Not really down for another one of those. I just hope they don't kill off anyone I like. :lol: Sounds like a lot of mutants are getting clapped.

Not really feeling the writers, but I like Silva and Cinar's art.

Any X-Men heads read Extermination #1? They really took a major player from the main continuity out like that??? Yikes.
Oh, snap! Young Cable? Really interested in seeing where this is going. Had no idea who Bloodstorm was lol. Also haven't read an X-Men title in so long.

What's going on with the Wolverine mini-series? Is he officially back?
Gotta get through the Hunt for Wolverine miniseries before you get to the Return of Wolverine miniseries that'll lead to the Wolverine ongoing series.

Oh, snap! Young Cable? Really interested in seeing where this is going. Had no idea who Bloodstorm was lol. Also haven't read an X-Men title in so long.

Bloodstorm is from Mutant X. I think someone rigged a time-space device to a jet and Havoc was trying to save them from blowing up and it sent him to an alternate reality. There was a mutant team called The Six, but I never read it. I have zero clue how Bloodstorm ended up in the 616 or how her and O5 Cyclops are on a date. It probably happened in the current run of X-Men Blue. I never bought it because I don't like the time displaced O5 and the art for the first issue was off-putting. :lol:

I don't know if I liked it or not, but damn, why did this new Cable clap the old Cable, but put Bobby in a tube? (Plus the four empty tubes for the rest of the O5 with the hit list.) Kinda curious to know what the hell Ahab is doing there and what's going on with Rachel. With Cable getting faded and the stuff happening to Rachel, I wonder if more time displaced mutants other than just the O5 are getting taken off the board. But then again, I saw Bishop on the cover for the upcoming reboot of Uncanny X-Men #1. :lol:

I just have a feeling that Marvel wants to "trim the fat" on the current mutant situation.

What's going on with the Wolverine mini-series? Is he officially back?

There was the Hunt for Wolverine one shot, then the Hunt for Wolverine minis that just ended, and Return of Wolverine starts next month. (Which is another mini series. :lol: ) I was only getting Weapon Lost and Adamantium Agenda, but the HFW minis are more about the characters in the books than Wolvie (and the empty adamantium husk from Death of Wolverine), but he IS back with Return. With a NEW POWER. :wow: His claws will be able to heat up after he pops them out of his knuckles. :lol:

Bloodstorm is from Mutant X. I think someone rigged a time-space device to a jet and Havoc was trying to save them from blowing up and it sent him to an alternate reality. There was a mutant team called The Six, but I never read it. I have zero clue how Bloodstorm ended up in the 616 or how her and O5 Cyclops are on a date. It probably happened in the current run of X-Men Blue. I never bought it because I don't like the time displaced O5 and the art for the first issue was off-putting. :lol:

I don't know if I liked it or not, but damn, why did this new Cable clap the old Cable, but put Bobby in a tube? (Plus the four empty tubes for the rest of the O5 with the hit list.) Kinda curious to know what the hell Ahab is doing there and what's going on with Rachel. With Cable getting faded and the stuff happening to Rachel, I wonder if more time displaced mutants other than just the O5 are getting taken off the board. But then again, I saw Bishop on the cover for the upcoming reboot of Uncanny X-Men #1. :lol:

I just have a feeling that Marvel wants to "trim the fat" on the current mutant situation.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking is Young Cable is bringing back the O5 to their original place to ensure the events 20 yrs in the future won't happen? We'll see. Don't really like the art in Extermination, but I'll give it a follow. Especially if this title will lead to a 'reboot' to the X-Men line. And dammit, I thought Nightcrawler was dead!

There was the Hunt for Wolverine one shot, then the Hunt for Wolverine minis that just ended, and Return of Wolverine starts next month. (Which is another mini series. :lol: ) I was only getting Weapon Lost and Adamantium Agenda, but the HFW minis are more about the characters in the books than Wolvie (and the empty adamantium husk from Death of Wolverine), but he IS back with Return. With a NEW POWER. :wow: His claws will be able to heat up after he pops them out of his knuckles. :lol:
Yeah, I started reading each of those titles up to issue #2. I just thought it was over with and he's officially back. But I spoke to soon. I saw the add of the Return of Wolverine mini-series.

Marvel is really milking this lol

been hearing good things about the new Fantastic four. any thoughts
Like what Fresh Like Will Fresh Like Will mentioned, issue #1 was setting up the new storyline. Kind of wish there was more to it? Ended up reading this online.

I was told I have to finish the last Secret Wars to understand what happened to Reed and Susan? So, that's on my to-do list.

I read Mutant X. It was great when I read it. Loved the twist on Marvel characters. Cool journey for Havok in that world.

The version of Bloodstorm that just died was a different version I think. She seemed way younger.

Like what Fresh Like Will Fresh Like Will mentioned, issue #1 was setting up the new storyline. Kind of wish there was more to it? Ended up reading this online.

I was told I have to finish the last Secret Wars to understand what happened to Reed and Susan? So, that's on my to-do list.
Last Secret Wars was flames. If you could read everything Hickman did leading up to it... He was really planting seeds to this for what seems like years.

https://wheretostartreading.com/articles/secret-wars/

Yeah, I started reading each of those titles up to issue #2. I just thought it was over with and he's officially back. But I spoke to soon. I saw the add of the Return of Wolverine mini-series.

Marvel is really milking this lol

I missed there was another Hunt for Wolvie one-shot this month too. Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends #1. More money for me to spend. :lol:

I read Mutant X. It was great when I read it. Loved the twist on Marvel characters. Cool journey for Havok in that world.

The version of Bloodstorm that just died was a different version I think. She seemed way younger.

I didn't even know what Mutant X was until a few years ago. The last couple years I've been getting into more offshoot teams like the X-Factor team led by Havok funded by the government and the 2006 run of X-Factor. I started collecting Excalibur a little over a year ago because I found a bunch in great condition in a dollar bin.

Stared to work my way to finishing Invincible. Holy crap issues 125-135 were good.

Going to pick up Deadly Class vol. 7 and Kill or Be Killed vol. 4 today, along with my pull. I think I'll be set for some time lol.

East of West is ending with issue 45.

Time for me to finally binge read it :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom