Official E3 thread of gaming goodness!

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

GTAIV, it was trash but hell it sold a lot.
Lies. It was the best game this gen... So far.

Without a word of a lie, I read Boost's comment and thought, "I hope nnarum doesn't see that"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Gta iv was an abomination and I refuse to count it as part of the GTA series.
Wha?!...

I don't care what you guys say, the game is
pimp.gif

I still need to get the Lost and Damned...
smh.gif

GTA4 was good, but somehow it just felt smaller than San Andreas. Not as "in-depth"

Even though GTA4 liberty city map was larger than San Andreas... Or so they say.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

GTA4 was good, but somehow it just felt smaller than San Andreas. Not as "in-depth"

Even though GTA4 liberty city map was larger than San Andreas... Or so they say.

It was larger but nowhere near as fun as Vice City or San Andreas. Rockstar tried making it too realistic and it backfired. Who the hell wants to bowl or playdarts in the world of GTA? All you did was drive, shoot person, repeat.. The previous installments offered so much more than this crap. The only GTAIV missionthat was acutally fun and didnt feel like a chore was the bank robbery. I wont even get into GTA Online.....

Originally Posted by rickybadman

360 2009 Line-up
Halo ODST
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead 2
Forza 3
GTA DLC
Perfect Dark HD
Shadow Complex
PS3 2009 Lineup
Killzone 2
Infamous
White Knight Chronicles
Fat Princess
Yakuza 3
MAG
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2
notice: 8 lineup games while you put up 2 pieces of dlc out of 7 lineup games.

GTAIV was the worst game.............

I felt like my life was way more fun than playing that crappy game. It just felt straight up lame

MarTdiZzle23 wrote:
rickybadman wrote:
360 2009 Line-up
Halo ODST
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead 2
Forza 3
GTA DLC
Perfect Dark HD
Shadow Complex

PS3 2009 Lineup
Killzone 2
Infamous
White Knight Chronicles
Fat Princess
Yakuza 3
MAG
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2

Sir those games you named are either already out, or slated to drop this month. E3 focuses on games Q3-2010 so your list is invalid. That saidYakuza doesn't even appear to be making it state side, and Fat Princess (though promising as hell) is the equivalent to an Xbox Live arcade game. But itdoesn't matter either way, the only game holding weight that dropped exclusive for the PS3 this year is InFamous (Killzone 2 flopped horribly
tired.gif
and its a damn GREAT game).

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

MarTdiZzle23 wrote:
rickybadman wrote:
360 2009 Line-up
Halo ODST
Splinter Cell Conviction
Left 4 Dead 2
Forza 3
GTA DLC
Perfect Dark HD
Shadow Complex
PS3 2009 Lineup
Killzone 2
Infamous
White Knight Chronicles
Fat Princess
Yakuza 3
MAG
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 2

Sir those games you named are either already out, or slated to drop this month. E3 focuses on games Q3-2010 so your list is invalid. That said Yakuza doesn't even appear to be making it state side, and Fat Princess (though promising as hell) is the equivalent to an Xbox Live arcade game.
oh sorry i thought he said a full lineup of all things released by each in this entire year

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

MarTdiZzle23 wrote:
rickybadman wrote:

Sir those games you named are either already out, or slated to drop this month. E3 focuses on games Q3-2010 so your list is invalid. That said Yakuza doesn't even appear to be making it state side, and Fat Princess (though promising as hell) is the equivalent to an Xbox Live arcade game.
oh sorry i thought he said a full lineup of all things released by each in this entire year

also im not a fanboy just giving my thoughts but aren't ODST and Ballad of Gay Tony GTA4 just dlc (I will be buying the $99 ODST game though)

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Fat Princess (though promising as hell) is the equivalent to an Xbox Live arcade game.
Look up Shadow Complex
eyes.gif

Which looks lame as hell. Get this, I will be purchasing Fat Princess, but its still an arcade game.

Oh I am sure you'll get your Fat Princess.
laugh.gif

In dude's original post he asked someone to post something from Sony that would compete with his list... Fat Princess would be a similiar title (withregards to acadey-ness) to Shadow Complex, which he listed.

Unless someone can come up with a better list for 360, I think releases from both companies for the rest of 09 are at least comparable.

Fat Princess (though promising as hell) is the equivalent to an Xbox Live arcade game.
Look up Shadow Complex
eyes.gif

Which looks lame as hell. Get this, I will be purchasing Fat Princess, but its still an arcade game.

Oh I am sure you'll get your Fat Princess.
laugh.gif

In dude's original post he asked someone to post something from Sony that would compete with his list... Fat Princess would be a similiar title (with regards to acadey-ness) to Shadow Complex, which he listed.

Unless someone can come up with a better list for 360, I think releases from both companies for the rest of 09 are at least comparable.

Ohhhhh ok, makes sense then. And you know if its hot im going to buy it.... Now whether I play it or not
laugh.gif
thats a WHOLE nother story.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Don't sleep on this game, even though the Nintendo conference sucked.

Video Games | Metroid: Other M | E3 09: Debut Trailer HD

XBox 360 | Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii
oh my lord. i almost cried watching this
laugh.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I have found a purpose for my Wii again
i guess i have to clean the dust off of it now
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I was thinking the same thing
roll.gif
whyen i saw the intro i was like team ninja? then i saw their name and was like
eek.gif

i agree, new one for the wii!

Originally Posted by Stargalaqtic

That Shadow Complex game looked good. And with epic backing it I know its not a piece of trash.

eyes.gif
See Gears of War 2
im not a fanboy but i lol'd during the MS conference when the game was glitching while the dude was demoing it and they turned it off. He waswalking on air lol.
Hopefully its good when its done and finished. Only XBLA game i bought so far is SFTHDR

(Killzone 2 flopped horribly
tired.gif
and its a damn GREAT game).
"Flopped horribly" is a bit harsh, no?

Last week's release of the April NPD numbers revealed that the US gaming market saw a 17 percent decline in sales for the second month running. One game apparently hit hard by the decline was the PlayStation 3 exclusive touted as a "Halo killer" by Sony loyalists, Killzone 2. After years in the making and a reported $21 million budget, the game sold just 58,000 units last month, down from just more than 323,000 units in March. Add in the 296,000 units the game sold in two days on the market in February, and its US sales total stood at 677,000 as of April 30.

Helghan's coffers are not filling as fast as before.

Drops like Killzone 2's are not uncommon. As explained by game-industry analyst Jesse Divnich in his analysis of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars' now-flat sales, most AAA games tend to fall off sharply after their first one or two months on the market.

That said, Microsoft partisans in the verbal console wars were quick to point out that Killzone 2's April sales were less that those of the 21-month-old Halo 3. The Xbox 360-only shooter sold 67,000 units domestically during the month, including limited and collector's editions, reported NPD. (Killzone 2 did not come in a collector's edition.) In its first three months on the domestic market, Halo 3 sold just more than 4 million units, with its life-to-date US total topping 6 million units as of last month.

The discrepancy between Killzone 2 and Halo 3 is eyebrow-raising, given both have roughly the same very high Metacritic scores. However, it has several rational explanations that don't reflect poorly on the PlayStation 3 or the game itself.

Even before it was on the Xbox 360, the Halo series was a cultural phenomenon, with a fan base much larger than that of the original 2004 Killzone for the PlayStation 2. Halo 3 is by far the most popular exclusive on the 360, which had a US installed base nearly twice that of the PS3 as of March--14.9 million to 7.5 million consoles, respectively. Microsoft has also aggressively discounted its error-prone hardware, with the cheapest (and hard-drive-less) model now $200 less than the $399 PlayStation 3.

Furthermore, Microsoft pulled out all the stops promoting Halo 3 in the weeks leading up to its $170 million launch day. With a marketing budget of more than $10 million, the game's trailer was attached to summer blockbusters, and its artwork appeared on everything from soda cans to junk-food bags.

Halo 3 also had the benefit of not launching in the midst of an economic downturn and shrinking game market. The lowered demand for games was reflected by NPD's top 10 list, particularly in 10th-place finisher The Godfather II (PS3), which sold only 91,000 units. In March, the tail-end game on the chart was 2K Sports' Major League Baseball 2K9 (360), with 205,000 units.

Did it meet their expectations? No. Some might be a bit disappointed, but it's not like the game bombed...the sales are "okay".

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Gta iv was an abomination and I refuse to count it as part of the GTA series.
Wha?!...

I don't care what you guys say, the game is
pimp.gif

I still need to get the Lost and Damned...
smh.gif
Agreed. I have L&D. Greatness. It was worth it. Next DLC look promising.

Back
Top Bottom