Official E3 thread of gaming goodness!

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Square Enix confirms that FF14 is not a PS3 exclusive and the game can show up on Xbox 360

Yo Ricky Martin, SE press release says PS3/PC, nowhere it says 360, so until confirmed it's just all dev chit chat.
Dude what us your problem, I said "can", I provided a link to the source. I never said it was a done deal I just pointed out that Square Enix made it a point to say the game is not exclusive.

Your late kid, me, chris, healthinspector and Katsunagi talked about it 4 pages ago. It's console exclusive is what Sony meant.
Once again you Fail at reading. Square Enix said it is not exclusive in anyway, that the game could appear on 360. Square made a point to tell people that when Sony said "exclusively on the PS3" that they misspoke. Once again in case you don't get it, there is not written/legal/spoken agreement between Sony and Square Enix for FF14. Sqaure is probably doing this to see is MS will cut them another check.
but as of right now, it's not
laugh.gif

Look here Rick Rude, ill just go back to my previous statement than, press release says PS3/PC simultaneous release, nothing about 360, so until SE confirmsit's on / coming to 360, it's only PS3/PC right now, end of discussion.

Square Enix confirms that FF14 is not a PS3 exclusive and the game can show up on Xbox 360

Yo Ricky Martin, SE press release says PS3/PC, nowhere it says 360, so until confirmed it's just all dev chit chat.
Dude what us your problem, I said "can", I provided a link to the source. I never said it was a done deal I just pointed out that Square Enix made it a point to say the game is not exclusive.

Your late kid, me, chris, healthinspector and Katsunagi talked about it 4 pages ago. It's console exclusive is what Sony meant.
Once again you Fail at reading. Square Enix said it is not exclusive in anyway, that the game could appear on 360. Square made a point to tell people that when Sony said "exclusively on the PS3" that they misspoke. Once again in case you don't get it, there is not written/legal/spoken agreement between Sony and Square Enix for FF14. Sqaure is probably doing this to see is MS will cut them another check.
but as of right now, it's not
laugh.gif

Look here Rick Rude, ill just go back to my previous statement than, press release says PS3/PC simultaneous release, nothing about 360, so until SE confirms it's on / coming to 360, it's only PS3/PC right now, end of discussion.
You are a special kind of stupid. You just wanted to pick an argument for no reason
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Ok, fine, right now it is only announce for PS3/PC no one is debating that, all did was point out something Sqaure Enix said in a interview and you start wildin.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Wow... Just watched both of the entire $ony and M$ conferences on gamespot.

Here's my quick rundown:

M$ - A
pros:
- Splinter Cell Conviction, Modern Warfare 2, Alan Wake all looked like fantastic games
- M$ showing innovation with things like NATAL (
eek.gif
) the Tony Hawk board (though how much will THAT cost??)
- Forza looks pretty good as well
- Never was into the series but MGS to 360 is huge for M$
cons:
The Beatles intro

$ony - B -

pros:
- Uncharted looks BANANAS. GT5 too. And GOW did as well. But I expected that. It's $ony's franchise. And I'm
smh.gif
that so many of you never played the 1st two GOW games.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

- The depth of the motion controller was very impressive.
cons:
- At this point, I no longer care about any PS2 news. And the fact that $ony is emphasizing going past the 10 year cycle for the PS2 was annoying to me.
- MAG looks like a hot mess. Like someone said, way too much going on...
- I'm not understanding the point of selling the PSP Go next to the PSP 3000. It seems like $ony is making the same mistake they did with trying to support the PS2 next to the PS3. If they had ended the PS2's cycle and forced people to cop a PS3, I think they would have been better off. Just my opinion though.
- Forcing yet another piece of proprietorship on us with the M2 for the PSP Go.
smh.gif
(I don't own a PSP so I'm not sure if this supports the M2 or not)
- No PS3 price-drop.
indifferent.gif

I didn't watch Nintendo's conference.
And I've never been into Halo or FF so I couldn't care less about those titles.

M$ had a great overall show.
$ony only had a great ending. Admit it, you were all yawning throughout the first 2/3 of their conference.
laugh.gif

But kudos to $ony (and M$) for at least bringing something "new" to the table in regards to their Wii "clones".
Oh, and
roll.gif
at Kojima's blog.
eek.gif
eek.gif
And what exclusive form MS made you say
eek.gif
? Forza? Another dumb Halo expansion? Common bro be realistic. MW2 is nothing to brag about because it's multi. I'll give you Splinter Cell, but the other MS exclusives were okay. Natal is cool but the PS3 sensor was just a notch under. Alan Wake seemed good too.

PS God of War 3 stole the show hands down. GT5 took a dump on Forza. Uncharted was sick. FF14, even tho I won't buy it but many will. And the new Ico game was just beautiful. Common don't be biased. I'm known as a PS supporter but PS exlcusives > MS exlcusives at this show. And that's what stole the show. I admit it was boring in the beginning. But once they hit the PS3 they killed it. I bet you'd say the same thing if MS had a hand held and they stressed it for over an hour.

I watched the show from an unbiased perspective, and IMO, MS took way to much time stressing multi platforms. While PS just did straight exclusives.
Didn't have time to respond to this til now...

Your response makes it seem as if you think I'm a M$ loyalist. Sorry bub, I don't own any of the next gen systems.
laugh.gif
My "review" wastotally unbiased. And in my unbiased opinion, I just felt as if M$ came with a better ALL-AROUND conference.

So chill with the "I bet you'd say the same thing if MS had a hand held and they stressed it for over an hour" and the "Common don't bebiased" talk.

smile.gif

i'm not a fan of the new direction of metroid ... its my favorite game series of all time ... but that quick ridley clip gives me hope ....

Via Joystiq.com

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/just-how-exclusive-is-splinter-cell-conviction/Justhow exclusive is Splinter Cell: Conviction?
e3-2009-splinter-cell-banner-crop.jpg

If there's one definitive way to push publishers, developers and public relations personnel off balance, it's broaching the subject of console exclusivity. Begin the line of inquiry and you're sure to get darting eyes, an elongated "Wellllll ..." and an answer that crumples in on itself as soon as it's spoken. Perhaps it's appropriate that the topic of Splinter Cell: Conviction's exclusivity is steeped in a cloak-and-dagger mystery.

When asked if the ambitious Xbox 360 and PC stealth title was exclusive in the really real sense, producer Alex Parizeau simply stated, "It's exclusive," and admitted that it was a business arrangement with Microsoft. Prodding about timed exclusivity (a la BioShock and Fallout 3 DLC) didn't yield anything less enigmatic, so we turned to lead game designer Steve Masters. "As far as I know," he said, "this is completely exclusive."

Aha! Complete exclusive confirmed!

"But that may change in the future."

Oh. We suspect the game may make its way to PS3 eventually, but for now ... Wellllll ...

Riiiiiiiiccccckkkkkyyyyyyyy!

...but in your defense, it's 360/PC exclusive right now
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Does 360 have the hardware to run FFXIV though?
the only things i see that might limit the 360 is the hard drive and the amount of people you can have on screen.
it has a hard drive therefore it has the hardware for it
the amount of people you can have on screen? come on now
even 6 year old PC's or older can handle MMO's

Via Joystiq.com

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/just-how-exclusive-is-splinter-cell-conviction/Just how exclusive is Splinter Cell: Conviction?

If there's one definitive way to push publishers, developers and public relations personnel off balance, it's broaching the subject of console exclusivity. Begin the line of inquiry and you're sure to get darting eyes, an elongated "Wellllll ..." and an answer that crumples in on itself as soon as it's spoken. Perhaps it's appropriate that the topic of Splinter Cell: Conviction's exclusivity is steeped in a cloak-and-dagger mystery.

When asked if the ambitious Xbox 360 and PC stealth title was exclusive in the really real sense, producer Alex Parizeau simply stated, "It's exclusive," and admitted that it was a business arrangement with Microsoft. Prodding about timed exclusivity (a la BioShock and Fallout 3 DLC) didn't yield anything less enigmatic, so we turned to lead game designer Steve Masters. "As far as I know," he said, "this is completely exclusive."

Oh. We suspect the game may make its way to PS3 eventually, but for now ... Wellllll ...

tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You so lame it is funny. First you yourself say the game sucks but you celebrating this, secondly the last Splinter Cell was a timed exclusive so if this goes multi-platform it is not a big deal, and even if it is like Bioshock everyone will be done with the game by the time it goes to PS3. Finally I am all for every third party game being on every system, that way everyone wins. But if you remember the Double Agent PS3 port then there isn't much to celebrate.

Agreed. They should port every 3rd party eventually. After like 6-8 months.

Originally Posted by knightngale

the only things i see that might limit the 360 is the hard drive and the amount of people you can have on screen.

didnt yall read that post yesterday by someone on NT who actually asked square-enix about it? its was something like "the game was too 'big' andit (the 360) couldnt handle the frame rate so they scrapped it" - not in direct quotes but im pretty much paraphrasing what someone else in this threadparaphrased yesterday

i dont know your name person who im paraphrasing but feel free to clear up this confusion

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

didnt yall read that post yesterday by someone on NT who actually asked square-enix about it? its was something like "the game was too 'big' and it (the 360) couldnt handle the frame rate so they scrapped it" - not in direct quotes but im pretty much paraphrasing what someone else in this thread paraphrased yesterday

i dont know your name person who im paraphrasing but feel free to clear up this confusion
the same hardware limitation excuses were being given for other ps3 exclusives like MGS 4 and now Kojima is making a new game for the 360 as well
frame rate issues is more the fault of the developer than the hardware in most cases
grin.gif

olivia munn in a skirt? link?

didnt yall read that post yesterday by someone on NT who actually asked square-enix about it? its was something like "the game was too 'big' and it (the 360) couldnt handle the frame rate so they scrapped it" - not in direct quotes but im pretty much paraphrasing what someone else in this thread paraphrased yesterday

the same hardware limitation excuses were being given for other ps3 exclusives like MGS 4 and now Kojima is making a new game for the 360 as well
frame rate issues is more the fault of the developer than the hardware in most cases
grin.gif

Uhhh MGS4 WAS too big for the 360 (that's what she said)

Wow alot of Console War talk going on....I'll just throw in my 2 cents and go away.
The 360 does have the capability to but 100's, even 1000's of characters on screen at once as seen in Ninety Nine Nights when there was about 1000people on screen at once running at you.
Dead Rising had 100's of zombies on screen at once which made the game really fun
happy.gif

As for the people arguing about FF XIV on the 360 cool it
grin.gif
be glad wegot 1 series from Sony it takes one apple to spoil the whole bunch so having ALL of Sony's exclusives would take the fun and competition out of it.
ohwell.gif
They don't put them on other consoles just because they can'thandle it but either because they couldn't afford it or they just want to stay true to their roots.
Another dumb Halo expansion?
I stopped right there just to say that is a very dumb statement you just made.
Any of the Halo expansions have probably sold more than any ps3 game
grin.gif

Also as for MGS on the 360....
ohwell.gif
...at least we got somethin....butRaiden
grin.gif

I wanted MGS 4 on the 360 but I recall Kojima himself saying it would take 10 discs to port MGS on the 360 so
ohwell.gif

And Alan Wake looks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As for Nintendo No More Heroes 2 looks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I haven't beat the first one yet but I'll beat it just so I can cop part 2
and Super Mario Galaxy 2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Via Joystiq.com

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/just-how-exclusive-is-splinter-cell-conviction/Just how exclusive is Splinter Cell: Conviction?

tongue.gif

So let me pull an iheartboost and say... "blah blah blah until its confirmed its 360 console EXCLUZEV!!"
wink.gif

And yes Epic ALWAYS ruins good things.
indifferent.gif

How cool do you feel arguing over a game that you had absolutely nothing to do with on a system you also had nothing to do with.
Games are for fun, some of you guys take this stuff to seriously.
smh.gif

Any 3rd party game is as good as multi platform.
Gaming development cots have shot through the roof so unless they are getting some large some of money (GTA with M$) or MGS4 with sony.

Developers are not going to pass up that kind of doe.

As far as the conferences go Sony>Nintendo>M$

grin.gif

Uhhh MGS4 WAS too big for the 360 (that's what she said)
the 360's hard drive can be a limitation because its max capacity is 120gb the current final fantasy MMO has massive updates which alltogether take will take a huge part of your hard drive. the amount of people on screen can also affect game play because if you for example go to a large groupof people 16 connected all around the world the system has to process their ip address and, if square enix decides to have graphic intensive brackgroundunlike world of warcarft this can aslo affect the game. im not saying its not possble to port this on the 360 but sqaure has to most likley cut some corners.it will be great to have it go to the 360 but intill then we dont why they didnt say it was mulitplatform

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

You guys in this console war make me sick.

what do u expect man, its like that 2 part episode of south park where the 3 groups are fighting over mr garrison's message

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Wow alot of Console War talk going on....I'll just throw in my 2 cents and go away.
The 360 does have the capability to but 100's, even 1000's of characters on screen at once as seen in Ninety Nine Nights when there was about 1000 people on screen at once running at you.
Dead Rising had 100's of zombies on screen at once which made the game really fun
happy.gif

this really isnt the case, the reason games like ninety nine nights and dead rising can hold 1000s of characters are because theyr have very little AI, nohardware out there is capable of allowing 1000s of PLAYABLE characters online, SCRATCH THAT, no hardware is capable of displaying 1000s of playable charactersat the level of detail and functinality that we expect, im sure theres hardware out there that will allow 1000s of playable characters on screen if theyre tinylittle stick figures who can only walk around in two dimenions without any collision detection

the 360's hard drive can be a limitation because its max capacity is 120gb the current final fantasy MMO has massive updates which all together take will take a huge part of your hard drive. the amount of people on screen can also affect game play because if you for example go to a large group of people 16 connected all around the world the system has to process their ip address and, if square enix decides to have graphic intensive brackground unlike world of warcarft this can aslo affect the game. im not saying its not possble to port this on the 360 but sqaure has to most likley cut some corners. it will be great to have it go to the 360 but intill then we dont why they didnt say it was mulitplatform
HDD space is probably most likely not the problem. a MMO shouldn't be no more than 12-20gb MAX. and if it's even near that, it should havedamn near everything in 1080p quality or several expansion packs.

Back
Top Bottom