Official ECF Game 1 5/20 8:30PM EST TNT Magic vs. Cavs

laugh.gif
@ all these dudes thinking LBJ is afraid of D12...@@!# outta here
indifferent.gif
. He will attack HIM the entire series, D12 will be in consistent foul trouble and theMagic will just be jacking up 3's. Dudes aren't even mentioning Andy Verejau. I think a lot of dudes will be surprised @ how much he has improved/howgood he's gotten. And quit mentioning Wally
laugh.gif
...he barely plays.

^^^
laugh.gif
do you know how long it took for shaq to get his footwork down? i mean how old are you? have you seen the games when he first came in the league?....
man never mind.... i aint gonna waste my time arguing with little lebron riding, bandwagon dudes that only been a cavs fan for 3 years... trust i can most defsay that there is only 6 real cav fans in here..
laugh.gif

YoungTriz = FAIL. You are double posting gibberish, just plain spewing %%%% out of your Pacific Northwest mouth. How the hell do you know who has been Cavalierfans for less than 3 years behind a computer screen? SERIOUSLY?
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
smh.gif

Whatever you say homie, I'm 27 years old, I remember when Shaq was a rookie and dog, Dwight is nowhere near Shaq far as skill level after their first fewyears in the league. That good Cali bud must be the reason you think Dwight has post moves. You cam miss me with that "Real Cavs Fan" line, i'mfrom cleveland and been watching the Cavs since i was a little kid.

laugh.gif
.... even belle knows whats up... 90% of yall "real cavs fans" didnt give a damn about the cavs till after lebron blew up... and the cavs startedwinning... or maybe its the 6 real cav fans with some common sense...

laugh.gif
i never said howard has a crazy amount of post moves... he has a couple and they work for him... howard is a athletic freak.... post moves or not... dudeis gonna put in work...

like i said before.. belle can quote me on this... there is only 6 real cav fans on here (7 now because i think gabearms or something got the go to rock thesig) from the jump... the rest are lebron riders and happen to fall in the category of "cav fans" i call it how i see it.... dont need to get allbutt hurt

I wonder who is gonna guard rashard or lewis? Varejao?
laugh.gif

Lebron will tire out guarding Lewis cause I think he is the only one that can match up

LOL IF BOSTON TOOK MAGIC TO GAME 7,

NO WAY IN HEL L CAVS WILL GO THAT FAR.

CAVS IN 4 OR 5 AT MOST.

Yeah...Dwight has limited post moves and Perkins shut him down...and he still had what...3 20/20 games?

F' outta here.

The Magic have one of the best defensive/rebounding big duo in the league with Gortat and Dwight.

Whether Dwight is in or not, if the wings get past their defenders...most of the time they're meeting a near 7 foot wall.

I'm not posting anymore about this series. I'm just gonna put a line of smilie faces on each page of the thread when win games. I'll also do itwhen Dwight scores less than 20.

Soooo....no one can refute either of my points I see. Maybe if I was a Warrior fan(no shot at warrior fans)

anyone make a photoshopped image of this matchup? (the round 2 with LeBron and Joe Johnson screaming at each other was nice)

smh @ the rampant lebron knobslobbery.

Cavs in 4?
laugh.gif

Magic are better in at least 3 positions. Howard will continue to be the defensive force he is, plus I don't see Z being able to do much with him.Varejao guarding Shard?
laugh.gif

Lebron will be Lebron, but this is the first series where he's gonna really have to guard someone who is a scorer. Plus the Magic front court is very long(pause). But Lebron is still gonna average like 30 something and continue to ignore the traveling rule.

We will see tho.

just enjoy the series everyone...i have faith in the magic but im not gonna sit here and say we're gonna win this easily.

i have too much respect for this cavs team (lebron) and know that we're going to have our work cut out for us.

but at the same time cavs fans can't tell me that this series is gonna be a walk in the park for them.

so like i said before, enjoy the series cause it's goin to be a good one. see you all weds night
smile.gif

Orlando fans/players need to focus on two things...

Game 1 and Game 2....

We go up 2-0 Dwight is making tee times...

IF ORL take 1 or 2...then we going at least 6 cause I don't see my Cavs winning both in Orl (I hope so tho)...

Cavs go up 2-0 it's a wrap...1-1 its all business then because if ORL would have a legit chance of taking the 216 out...

pimp.gif

8 More Wins. One Goal.

Cavs in 5

Few other points

Cavs obviously struggled against Orlando this year, but I think we can all agree the blowout was an aberration. It doesn't matter. We are a different beastin the playoffs. They are also a different team in the playoffs.

A few things we should focus on in the series.

-Let Howard go 1-on-1. Don't double him. He isn't able to dominate on the block, 1v1. His hook is horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. We stay home onall shooters.

Boston's biggest match-up problem was Rashard Lewis and Hedo. This is where having LeBron and Andy comes in HUGE for us. Andy is one of the few bigs withthe lateral quickness to not get continuously burnt by Lewis or Hedo, and LeBron is obviously an awesome guard for the other.

The biggest problem Orlando presents us is their ability to push the ball before we can set up our defense. They are able to push the ball off of our missesand mishaps. So, while we are a defensive minded team....this series will be decided on how well we execute offensively. If we execute offensively, this teamcannot beat us on their floor or at the Q, and they can't beat us at the Q regardless. Z and Delonte will be extremely important. Z needs to hit his shot,he needs to either make Howard guard him outside, or he needs to make him pay for NOT guarding him outside. Delonte needs to win his matchup. Whether it bePiterus, Lee, or Reddick, Delonte needs to attack them. LeBron needs to attack, but our real success comes when Delonte and LeBron attack.

Boobie is going to need to at least keep pace with Anthony Johnson. He can't let him dominate that matchup like he did in the blowout. The team needs tomake sure it doesn't give up like it did in the blowout, because Orlando has a tendency to let you back in it even if you are playing like crap.

I guarantee you if we shoot over 45%, turn it over 12 times or less, and play Dwight Howard straight up, we could win this series in 5 games.

Orlando could have a beastly games like Game 7 vs BOS where they'll win, but no way anyone can legitimately pick this team to beat a LeBron James led squad4 times in 7 games.

The Pistons that the one-man-show Cavs defeated in 6 to go to the Finals in 07 was a tougher team than ORL

Lets see...

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Soooo....no one can refute either of my points I see. Maybe if I was a Warrior fan (no shot at warrior fans)

Yes, I can actually refute your points:

1. Hedo & Shard are both streaky as hell (ESPECIALLY Shard). The casual fan thinks Delonte West is still garbage (& I don't really blame them to behonest). But the dude has REALLY come into his own this year & has the swag/confidence he had @ St. Joe's. He is playing @ an extremely high level. Heis a vastly underrated defender. I know he is much shorter than Hedo & Shard, but the dude is long for his height & has been giving literally everyonehe guards fits. I can flip it just as easily...how are Hedo or Shard gonna keep up with Delonte's speed/penetration on offense? Plus we are the #1 team inthe NBA @ defending the 3. That should be relatively easy to understand.

2. "Dwight will have a field day against the Cavs' weak frontline." Are you serious? What is your definition of a "field day"? Verajauis one of the best defensive big men in the NBA. Throw in Big Ben, Z and Joe Smith and how in the world is that a "weak" front line? Like stated amillion times on NT, Dwight Howard has 0 post moves. The dude has been getting buckets off of raw talent alone (dude is a freak of nature - not discounting himin anyway). But he gets 95% of his points off of put backs, alley oops and easy dunks from someone penetrating and then dishing because of the help. He istruly not that hard to guard (as of right now in his career - he's only 23 & came straight from HS). Plus we are the #1 team in the NBA on defense.That should be relatively easy to understand.

Having said that, I change my tune from 5 games to Cavs in 6. If Jameer was healthy, it would be Cavs in 7.

another thing is that i don't see the cavs beasting on offensive boards like they do all the time
howard is gonna get everything with in 10 feet on when it comes to boards

Back
Top Bottom