Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by blackxme

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

didnt know there were so many rocket fans

its funny how things work out when the regular season ends
laugh.gif
We've been here for awhile. There was even a season thread.
Official 08-09 Houston Rockets Season Thread(53-28)- 4/15/09 Rockets @ Mavs

eek.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Season thread created on March 23rd?!
I got to say that's pretty weak!

Anyway game 2 is upon us and I can't wait for tonight. I want to see how the Lakers react to the loss. I know how kobe will respond but I want to see Pau, Lamar, Bynum, and Ariza respond. Maybe tonight Pau can play something that resembles defense and stop being so soft.
That is the more recent season thread. I think it was made since the other one fell back too many pages?

Winners of game 1 win the series, 80% of the time. When Phil wins game 1 of a series, he's like 48-0 or something. When he doesn't, he's just 6-8.The last 4 years I believe, when the Lakers lost game 1, they've ended up losing the series.

With all of this said, one can't write off the Lakers, even if the Rockets win again tonight.

But, I still want the Rockets to win, as, it'll be total shock and awe in LA and everywhere else.
pimp.gif

AB has to continue to be aggressive, Ron has to hit his shots, Von Wafer needs to show up, and continue to do what the Rockets did in game 1. Let Kobe get his,or try to get his, and limit the rest of the Lakers. D up.

Let's
Go
Rock
Ets
!!!

I'm expecting another close game.

Does any overconfident fans want to make any more bold predictions?

Lakers can't play any worse than they did game 1, so a better effort is expected. But, the Rockets always play that D so I think it'll be close tonightagain.

No matter what happens tonight, by winning game 1, if the Rockets protect home court and win the games in Houston, Rockets win the series.
pimp.gif

I hope we realize we can't take the Rockets as jokes now.
It's time to man up and get physical...Gasol, Bynum.
I ain't saying they gotta lockdown Yao, cuz that ain't happening
but make the man work for his. Last thing on defense, can we
play Shannon 20 minutes tonight. His defense is appreciated at the point.

On offense, penetrate. Period.

Lakers need to shut Bynum down for the rest of the season. Them being overly thirsty to win, word to Paul Walker in Varsity Blues, could be messing up thisdude career, cause his knee is nowhere near 100%.

the rockets know the Lakers are gonna come out firing...so i can see the rockets matching that intensity...we better be ready

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

the rockets know the Lakers are gonna come out firing...so i can see the rockets matching that intensity...we better be ready
i got a strong feeling that this game is going to be real close, the rockets are going to hang in there, and i will seriously be nervous if theyare within striking distance come late in the 4th quarter.

i don't wanna say the seasons on the line tonight but im looking at it like this. lose tonight there down 0-2 heading to houston, sure they can winthere but it will be tough to win 2 games there

if they win its tied 1-1 the momentums back and if they split in houston its 2-2 and the series is back in their favor.

Lakers need to shut Bynum down for the rest of the season. Them being overly thirsty to win, word to Paul Walker in Varsity Blues, could be messing up this dude career, cause his knee is nowhere near 100%.
And you're basing this on what? While he's obviously not 100%, it seems you are reaching there buddy with that statement.

Lakers can't play any worse than they did game 1
Yes they can...

Maybe tonight Pau can play something that resembles defense
No one on the Lakers roster (or the league for that matter) can guard Yao...the Laker guards need to do a better job of pressuring and denying thepost entry passes because when Yao gets the ball in the post it's too late.

just run the triangle and pass the ball around
pretty much sums up all the Lakers need to do in order to win...on the offensive end at least
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

*Lets go KOBE & co, come out the gate with a must win attitude.*
no more finesses stuff.....TIME TO GET SCRAPPY.

i dont know if it will be close or not...

i expect kobe to go OFF...

and it depends if the rockets just fall off again...

if rockets are on point it will be close but LA will win this game...

Lets go Rockets!

Wear them Lakers out!

Phil needs to get Bynum and Farmer some serious burn.

Stick Farmer on Brooks because Fisher is getting burned like a STD.

laugh.gif

Lakers cringe at the notion of Farmar playing big minutes.

Honestly, I think Brooks is too quick for any of the Lakers guards.

Farmar can keep up with Brooks, but he's not gonna get any significant minutes because Phil is so content on his rotation.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Farmar can keep up with Brooks, but he's not gonna get any significant minutes because Phil is so content on his rotation.
Phil is too content with a lot of things, which will probably hurt them tonight. Like I've everyone is saying Phil should give Farmar someburn and front Yao and keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible( which he probably won't, thank goodness). I know the Lakers will come outtonight and play at a high level but Houston isn't going to back down. That's not the attitude of this team. It won't suprise me if the Lakers wintonight, what will suprise me is if they blowout the Rockets. But if my boys can walk out with a win tonight then they'll be fuming with confidence and Iseriously will doubt that they'll lose this series. LETS GO ROCKETS!!!

laugh.gif

If my Rockets take this game, some of these LA fans gonna be on suicide watch.

Aaron brooks needs to start hot, along with Yao.
pimp.gif

Imagine, coming to Houston for 2 games being up 2-0.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

laugh.gif

If my Rockets take this game, some of these LA fans gonna be on suicide watch.

Aaron brooks needs to start hot, along with Yao.
pimp.gif

Imagine, coming to Houston for 2 games being up 2-0.
pimp.gif
you guys been 2-0 before and lost but then again were not the utah jazz

Originally Posted by franchise3

Bynum to the bench. Odom to start.

Hmmm..
Yeah, I called for that in the Laker season thread. It worked out in the Utah series, it's some sort of mind thing with Odom I think.

But it does show that Phil will adjust to some things, thas good. We'll see if it works now.

I'm out for the night, stuff to do and then the game tonight. See ya'll in here in the morning. Enjoy the game everyone.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom