Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by do work son

because the NBA can't let it go to that. that's how it used to be, and then the "malice at the palace" happened. after that, there was so much negative media towards the NBA, people branding it as "thug ball" etc.  so the NBA made changes.
it's all politics at the end of the day. i agree it's way softer now, and i don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Exactly. I cant say for sure whether refs are cohersed etc to make or not make calls ie like in the great days of the 80's/90's. But yea the officiating is def different and is "softer" then of the 80's and 90's. I mean ppl complaining about ppl should get tossed for getting into ppl face and talking trash and cursing etc. Yet this very website is pretty much made after a series of shoes by a man who did this throught his entire career. Btw i witness live first hand. But calls all aside i dont think the celtics/heat game outcome would have changed. I still think the heat would have been triumphant  
the soft NBA will never go back to the glory days of McHale clotheslining Rambis or Parrish punching Laimbeer and getting no suspensions..... 

Or karl malone and stockton patent pick and roll/pop aka catch you in the chest neck with the smooth brush of the shoulder, rodmans infamous undercutting, mj's step on feet/toes as you go up for rebounds or his magical way of drawing fouls on fadeaways when he was tired/have a off shooting game to get to the line. Even if the game were to go back to the blood,sweat,tears game ppl would still complain. 

I can see it now especially with the amount of LeBron haters and how clearly he has a size advantage over most players he encounter. I could see it now him sneaking a elbow shot to rondo to help wade on a screen. The haters would riot and try to burn him at the cross. Imagine if players talked half the %@% mj did in his day, ppl would be outraged. Probably boycott players/teams etc. For everyone complaining about the way the game has turned soft, there would be far more complaints if the game was no hold bars like the previous generations.

Yes there were some bad calls, but the game wasn't blatantly one-sided. Miami came out ready to play and played great defense. Celtics came out slow and much less aggressive. Miami came out, got steals, blocks, took charges, and went to the rack strong. That is why they won. I agree that Paul Pierce shouldn't have got tossed but he and Wade were exchanging words when he already had 1 tech, why would he risk that? They both got techs and he got tossed, it was like being in the wrong place at the wrong time, sometimes it happens. Overall good win for my Heat
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

LOL@ these laker fans...aka don't know who to root for....

but seems like some of the kobe homers are going with the celtics ROFLMAO.

or maybe laker fans would rather have their team play their biggest rival and have the chance to tie boston in championships at the celtics expense. plus with the celtics and lakers both having beat eachother in the finals recently it would be good to get a rubber match between the two.        plus who wouldn't prefer having home court in the finals on top of that.

that being said if the celtics are to make it to the finals im sure the players and their fans would prefer having a chance to beat the lakers  as opposed to going against dallas, okc, or memphis.
right...
laugh.gif

your a troll who rides lebrons meat.  your opinion in anything sports related is invalid

They played terrible, they didnt get anything going till the 4th, kg played bad rondo played bad, pierce played terrible till 2 minutes before he got ejected. they're going to come out for blood in game 2, heat should be scared they only won by 9.

Another classic stereotype playoff game comment: This/that team played great/horrible and yet they only won/lost by this much/little. How original. You never see these comments after a playoff game.
eyes.gif
Along with the "don't expect him to play this good/bad again" if some player has an unusual performance.

I can also point out how the Heat threw away a huge 19 point lead and acted like they didn't give a damn, yet they still won comfortably by 9 in the end.

They played terrible, they didnt get anything going till the 4th, kg played bad rondo played bad, pierce played terrible till 2 minutes before he got ejected. they're going to come out for blood in game 2, heat should be scared they only won by 9.

Another classic stereotype playoff game comment: This/that team played great/horrible and yet they only won/lost by this much/little. How original. You never see these comments after a playoff game.
eyes.gif
Along with the "don't expect him to play this good/bad again" if some player has an unusual performance.

I can also point out how the Heat threw away a huge 19 point lead and acted like they didn't give a damn, yet they still won comfortably by 9 in the end.

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by Al3xis

they played terrible? today was the Celtics team that has been playing for the better part of the past few months.

People thought they flipped the switch when they drained a ton of 3's in Game 3 in NY and then the Knicks rolled over..from everything I've seen, today was more of what the C's really are right now.
Kno1 wants to give Miami credit.. They have to win the chip before there's even a chance of it..  I see them doing exactly that

Kg had 6, and pierce dint play good til lthe end, heat played good and thye get credit for game 1 im just saying lets see how game 2 comes out, so you think the celtics are at there best with KG getting 6, lol.

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by Al3xis

they played terrible? today was the Celtics team that has been playing for the better part of the past few months.

People thought they flipped the switch when they drained a ton of 3's in Game 3 in NY and then the Knicks rolled over..from everything I've seen, today was more of what the C's really are right now.
Kno1 wants to give Miami credit.. They have to win the chip before there's even a chance of it..  I see them doing exactly that

Kg had 6, and pierce dint play good til lthe end, heat played good and thye get credit for game 1 im just saying lets see how game 2 comes out, so you think the celtics are at there best with KG getting 6, lol.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I don't see how Pierce could be suspended for that altercation with James Jones.

He just rubbed his face up against Jones, Jones just oversold it.

you don't see how because you don't think the nba is rigged

I don't see how Pierce could be suspended for that altercation with James Jones.

or maybe laker fans would rather have their team play their biggest rival and have the chance to tie boston in championships at the celtics expense. plus with the celtics and lakers both having beat eachother in the finals recently it would be good to get a rubber match between the two.        plus who wouldn't prefer having home court in the finals on top of that.

that being said if the celtics are to make it to the finals im sure the players and their fans would prefer having a chance to beat the lakers  as opposed to going against dallas, okc, or memphis.
right...
laugh.gif

Right
tongue.gif

right...
laugh.gif

Right
tongue.gif

I could be wrong, but generally a head butt warants an ejection; however the gave him another chance

I could be wrong, but generally a head butt warants an ejection; however the gave him another chance

Originally Posted by knightngale

Everything the Lakers have done the past decade has been aided by Stern. They haven't won one game off their own merit. Those championships and Kobe pictures y'all play up? ALL FAKE. By being a Laker fan, you are supporting Stern's agenda. Right?

Originally Posted by knightngale

Everything the Lakers have done the past decade has been aided by Stern. They haven't won one game off their own merit. Those championships and Kobe pictures y'all play up? ALL FAKE. By being a Laker fan, you are supporting Stern's agenda. Right?

Originally Posted by itstmac

It wasn't a headbutt, James Jones just thought he was about to get kissed and was must get away!

Originally Posted by itstmac

It wasn't a headbutt, James Jones just thought he was about to get kissed and was must get away!

right...
laugh.gif

your a troll who rides lebrons meat.  your opinion in anything sports related is invalid
funny how laker fans dont look too happy when the celtics didn't win the game...........LMAO
you're an idiot my opinion should be more valid than you thats for sure. now lets not start

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

eyes.gif

They got to 19 off a flagrant tho. Heat had the better game, just game 2 will be very different.

right...
laugh.gif

funny how laker fans dont look too happy when the celtics didn't win the game...........LMAO
you're an idiot my opinion should be more valid than you thats for sure. now lets not start

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

eyes.gif

They got to 19 off a flagrant tho. Heat had the better game, just game 2 will be very different.

Back
Top Bottom