Official Heat VS. Knicks Series Thread....Series Over...Knicks fans never learn....

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Is anyone else as befuddled as me when it comes to Mike Woodson's handling of Miami's defense on Carmelo? Spoelstra worked circles around him in G1 with the fronting, and to his credit he adjusted with having Melo initiate the offense in G2 but now tonight he's right back at where he was in G1? Terrible. 

you did not watch the hawks the past few seasons? worst offensive coach I have ever seen
I know what the deal is with him. But he seems beyond reproach to many due to how awful D'Antoni was this season. 

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Miami's Defense though
eek.gif

Yep.

The put the clamps down in the 4th.

They've made Melo a volume shooter and Novak a non-factor all series.

I love that movie and perfect execution

Real and honest knicks fan knew this was going down as soon as the Knicks lost against the cavs for a higher seed, props to Miami would love to see them win the whole thing just to feel a bit better about this loss, looking forward to next season should be top 4 seed with the talent alone

Melo can't carry a team no matter how good we think he is, 1 game away from 8 straight playoff losses

6'8" Iverson ain't even accurate anymore, Iverson did more with less than anybody

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Melo can't carry a team no matter how good we think he is, 1 game away from 8 straight playoff losses

6'8" Iverson ain't even accurate anymore, Iverson did more with less than anybody
That Sixers team had a reliable PG and guys up front who can defend and rebound the ball. Knicks have Melo who Miami revolves their defense around, and played Novak tight, no PG's, and JR shoots the same 20 ft fadeaway shot. Surprised the game was as close as it was after 3 quarters. Knicks have one guy who can rebound.
...and out of those 8 playoff losses, its been vs a top seed and 6 have been without Amare....the supposed "2nd option".

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

I love that movie and perfect execution

Real and honest knicks fan knew this was going down as soon as the Knicks lost against the cavs for a higher seed, props to Miami would love to see them win the whole thing just to feel a bit better about this loss, looking forward to next season should be top 4 seed with the talent alone

and so it begins.
roll.gif

EARLY.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

That Sixers team had a reliable PG and guys up front who can defend and rebound the ball. Knicks have Melo who Miami revolves their defense around, and played Novak tight, no PG's, and JR shoots the same 20 ft fadeaway shot. Surprised the game was as close as it was after 3 quarters. Knicks have one guy who can rebound.
...and out of those 8 playoff losses, its been vs a top seed and 6 have been without Amare....the supposed "2nd option".

Iverson won a finals game on the road against a prime Shaq and bubbling prime Kobe with no legit number 2 option, how long can we keep giving Melo a pass? A lot of players against stiff competition at least pulled out ONE game, Heat can be beat when you expose that sorry bench but unfortunately the Knicks bench who were cooking to finish the regular season haven't done a thing in the playoffs

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Iverson won a finals game on the road against a prime Shaq and bubbling prime Kobe with no legit number 2 option, how long can we keep giving Melo a pass? A lot of players against stiff competition at least pulled out ONE game, Heat can be beat when you expose that sorry bench but unfortunately the Knicks bench who were cooking to finish the regular season haven't done a thing in the playoffs
Its not about giving him a pass, point is the Knicks don't have the talent right now to win a best of 7 series, let alone vs a team that is going for the Championship. Melo is the least of the team's issues at this point, there is a clown on the bench who took himself out of the series early, no PG, and their SG tore his ACL.

4,029 days since the Knicks last won a playoff game

13 consecutive playoffs losses (NBA record)

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lzs4qyAn6U1r98qz6o1_400.gif

Stop blaming the lack of firepower for the knicks. The iverson comparison is fair IMO, dude put da team on his back doe and now all of a sudden Melo ain't want the limelight? Melo wanted to be in NY, he put the pressure on himself. Same way Bron is ridiculed should be the same for Melo. Sure he doesn't have Amare but you guys act like he was even a factor in the first 2 games. Too many times Melo holds the ball and ends up with a bad jump shot, why didn't he make quick moves and head to the hole? Why didn't they run anyone off screens? My point is there are too many excuses from knicks fans and not enough props to the better team...

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

My point is there are too many excuses from knicks fans and not enough props to the better team...
I said Miami would win this series, Knicks win one game at most.
Knicks were exposed at the PG position as I said they would be, nothing but erratic play from that position. 

Double Melo, put Battier on Novak.....let JR and Fields shoot from the outside, all it takes.

So why didnt they play Toney Douglas at all? He would have easily been the 2nd best scorer for the Knicks

Back
Top Bottom