Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

where can i watch the replay of the keynote? Usually its on apple.com, hmm..?

im looking for this too, whats taking so loong
Probably editing out the part where the phone wouldn't work.  I thought that was hilarious and the "try Verizon" quote was brilliant.  As for the new phone, I think it looks sexy but I'm not too impressed about the new features.  A lot of people complained about these features and even then, I still couldn't care if the phone had it or not.  I used to act like the iPhone was the greatest thing on the world and owned one at one point.  But AT&T's network is straight horse manure.  I am one of the "I'll wait for it to come to Verizon" people but with these Android phones, I'm starting to see there are better things out there.  I still plan on going to the store to mess with one but don't think I'm gonna be getting one.
http://events.apple.com.e...d9g4hjk/event/index.html

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Ninjahood theres really no point in posting videos. the phones have been reviewed against each other. you are posting videos of the EVO when the 4HD wasnt around.

the EVO is not superior. if anything, the phones are on the same playing level now. the only difference is, the iPhone has a much better screen and camera...
eyes.gif

so HDMI output means nuffin?

so video calling on any network means nuffin? ( iphone can only do it on wifi)

4g means nuffin then?

4.3 inch screen don't mean nuffin either.? and don't gimme that iphone screen is superior, i got a nexus one with a smaller superior resolution screen too, that doesn't mean

all that real estate isn't any less impressive.

and how about da carriers...AT&T just dropped unlimited data, and they plans is more pricier then what sprint is offering its EVO 4g users..
HDMI means nothing. nobody will use it. thats just another bell and whistle that means nothing.
and how are you video calling on any network? theres only 3 networks with video chat capable phones and out of the three the iphone has the best video chat capabilities... it implements BOTH of its cameras in video chat.

4g is not covered nationwide and its already been proven that ATT's 3g network is just as strong as Sprints 4g right now.

and no, your 4.3 screen means NOTHING. the iphones screen is better... does the word RESOLUTION mean anything to you? the nexus one screen isnt *@%@ compared to this iphone's. hell the iphones screen is made from higher quality materials, the screen is just overall BETTER. yours is just an inch bigger. there no real difference, you're acting like we're comparing the ipad to an HDTV or something. you know what, keep your bigger screen. while you're running around with a bigger crappier screen, i'll take the screen thats an inch smaller with a better resolution, more colors, and a more beautiful display.  

hell, they can put phone capabilities on the ipad and it will have hte largest screen ever on a phone. doesnt make that *@%@ any good. 

and ATT dropped the unlimited plan for 2gb's per month. you arent using more than 2gb's a month.. i promise you... 

and for the record, SPRINT SUCKS.... 

Ninjahood theres really no point in posting videos. the phones have been reviewed against each other. you are posting videos of the EVO when the 4HD wasnt around.

the EVO is not superior. if anything, the phones are on the same playing level now. the only difference is, the iPhone has a much better screen and camera...
eyes.gif

so HDMI output means nuffin?

so video calling on any network means nuffin? ( iphone can only do it on wifi)

4g means nuffin then?

4.3 inch screen don't mean nuffin either.? and don't gimme that iphone screen is superior, i got a nexus one with a smaller superior resolution screen too, that doesn't mean

and how about da carriers...AT&T just dropped unlimited data, and they plans is more pricier then what sprint is offering its EVO 4g users..
HDMI means nothing. nobody will use it. thats just another bell and whistle that means nothing.
and how are you video calling on any network? theres only 3 networks with video chat capable phones and out of the three the iphone has the best video chat capabilities... it implements BOTH of its cameras in video chat.

4g is not covered nationwide and its already been proven that ATT's 3g network is just as strong as Sprints 4g right now.

and no, your 4.3 screen means NOTHING. the iphones screen is better... does the word RESOLUTION mean anything to you? the nexus one screen isnt *@%@ compared to this iphone's. hell the iphones screen is made from higher quality materials, the screen is just overall BETTER. yours is just an inch bigger. there no real difference, you're acting like we're comparing the ipad to an HDTV or something. you know what, keep your bigger screen. while you're running around with a bigger crappier screen, i'll take the screen thats an inch smaller with a better resolution, more colors, and a more beautiful display.  

hell, they can put phone capabilities on the ipad and it will have hte largest screen ever on a phone. doesnt make that *@%@ any good. 

and ATT dropped the unlimited plan for 2gb's per month. you arent using more than 2gb's a month.. i promise you... 

and for the record, SPRINT SUCKS.... 
Just ignore Ninjahood.  we all know he doesnt know what he's talking about. 
roll.gif

eyes.gif

so HDMI output means nuffin? (HDMI output, so you carry a cable with you at all times? This isn't a deal breaker for me)

so video calling on any network means nuffin? ( iphone can only do it on wifi) (Facetime is only on wifi. I can remember when Qik and Skype were only wifi as well, wait we haven't even seen these two on the iPhone 4 yet. So we know facetime already comes with the iPhone and you can still download 3rd party apps)

4g means nuffin then? (4G isn't even main stream yet, hell 3G is still trying to spread, so use that when 4G is everywhere)

4.3 inch screen don't mean nuffin either.? and don't gimme that iphone screen is superior, i got a nexus one with a smaller superior resolution screen too, that doesn't mean (4.3 or a smaller screen with better graphics and tech, I would take the better tech on a device that is smaller and easier to carry)

and how about da carriers...AT&T just dropped unlimited data, and they plans is more pricier then what sprint is offering its EVO 4g users...

I am not going to argue with you, because well there is no point. But I think both the EVO, iPhone 4, and N1 are great devices. The iPhone in my opinion is just better. It has the tech behind it, smaller, and is backed by a company I believe in. While it is on AT&T's network here is the thing it can be taken over to another GSM network, that is something the EVO can't do. It will be nice to take my iPhone across the world and use it (which I currently do)

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

eyes.gif

so HDMI output means nuffin? (HDMI output, so you carry a cable with you at all times? This isn't a deal breaker for me)

so video calling on any network means nuffin? ( iphone can only do it on wifi) (Facetime is only on wifi. I can remember when Qik and Skype were only wifi as well, wait we haven't even seen these two on the iPhone 4 yet. So we know facetime already comes with the iPhone and you can still download 3rd party apps)

4g means nuffin then? (4G isn't even main stream yet, hell 3G is still trying to spread, so use that when 4G is everywhere)

4.3 inch screen don't mean nuffin either.? and don't gimme that iphone screen is superior, i got a nexus one with a smaller superior resolution screen too, that doesn't mean (4.3 or a smaller screen with better graphics and tech, I would take the better tech on a device that is smaller and easier to carry)

and how about da carriers...AT&T just dropped unlimited data, and they plans is more pricier then what sprint is offering its EVO 4g users...

I am not going to argue with you, because well there is no point. But I think both the EVO, iPhone 4, and N1 are great devices. The iPhone in my opinion is just better. It has the tech behind it, smaller, and is backed by a company I believe in. While it is on AT&T's network here is the thing it can be taken over to another GSM network, that is something the EVO can't do. It will be nice to take my iPhone across the world and use it (which I currently do)

nexus one (which dique u own)  w/ 2.2 froyo is already a world phone with superior technology and with da latest update, its doing things like tethering and and full flash support

apple's new iphone either doesn't have da aforementioned attributes or its charging extra for em, which are free on android....no to mention its completely customizable...i don't

see a incentive to get iphone for da foreseeable future...what do you see in it?

See if ive seen both and head to head to them and comment on here it will becom oh im bias oh its ducktales. I stated the stat facts awhile ago etc but hey some people just going to lie make it sound fly and support whatever they say regarless of proven facts. So at the end of the day get the shid you like.

man, im 50/50 on this and the EVO...LETS SEE...evo has a bigger screen ,8megapixels,coverage pretty good here in my area...79.99 plus 7 percent state tax on monthly bill..plus I get 20% discount on the monthly bill through work..unlimited data ,text,450 minutes..who the hell talks on phones anyway..free nights and weekends.Plus,I get to call overseas to guam...

IPHONE.....smaller screen maybe..dont know about the camera...no more unlimted data..90% dont use as much?,you never know?coverage is better,but dammmmm the monthly bill is too much IMO FOR ME.im not taking shots ,dont get me wrong,but dam ,all in all, sprints evo sounds better and more accomidating for me..someone let know which one would be better pls

Originally Posted by j671

man, im 50/50 on this and the EVO...LETS SEE...evo has a bigger screen ,8megapixels,coverage pretty good here in my area...79.99 plus 7 percent state tax on monthly bill..plus I get 20% discount on the monthly bill through work..unlimited data ,text,450 minutes..who the hell talks on phones anyway..free nights and weekends.Plus,I get to call overseas to guam...

IPHONE.....smaller screen maybe..dont know about the camera...no more unlimted data..90% dont use as much?,you never know?coverage is better,but dammmmm the monthly bill is too much IMO FOR ME.im not taking shots ,dont get me wrong,but dam ,all in all, sprints evo sounds better and more accomidating for me..someone let know which one would be better pls

IMO definitely go for the EVO

i definitely think the iphone 4 is better than the EVO, but money is more important

the truth is, all these smartphones have similar features, so i would rather save money

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

eyes.gif

nexus one (which dique u own)  w/ 2.2 froyo is already a world phone with superior technology and with da latest update, its doing things like tethering and and full flash support

apple's new iphone either doesn't have da aforementioned attributes or its charging extra for em, which are free on android....no to mention its completely customizable...i don't

see a incentive to get iphone for da foreseeable future...what do you see in it?

I have the AT&T unlocked and have yet to recieve my froto update (its pissing me off). I love the phone, but the apps are very limited and I will be honest I think the layout is very basic. I love Android, but there are some things that piss me of being that I use it overseas.

I use both my N1 and my iPhone and the iPhone just offers more in applications/hacking/customizing. Android software is nice and I love it, but my N1 is a backup phone that I now pretty much use to recieve text messages from my girl in the PI. Now that Google has limited where we can send text messages, I use the N1 even less. But it does have its plus factors as well, though I think a JB iPhone 4 will kill it anyday.

I think this is a solid phone. We all want the hype (lets face it Gizmodo to that away), people will focus on the flaws of the presentation, and then their are just some haters. But this device in its built and usefulness is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else. Also this phones tech put into the iPad 2G is going to be sick. I have a Nexus One as well by the way, so I am not being a fanboy.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

This is why dudes hate on Apple stans. Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else? Come on man.  We already got a grip of phones out that do the same *#!*.

If it matters, I own an iPhone.

Aight let me go ahead be the only unbiased person in this thread.

All this debate about what phone does what, and which phone is better is absolutely USELESS! And you can thank iPhone for that. Since the inception of the iPhone, developers have been goin HARD trying to beat it. Making the cell phone market an exciting and forever re-innovating market. But honestly....ALL these new 'Smartphones' are EXACTLY the same #!%* different toilet. Really all of these phones coming out, do great is a vast area of things. Their cameras are good, the internet is good, the apps are plentiful, and the OS is good. Every phone has its advantages and disadvantages which puts all of these phone at pretty much and equal level.

Really the only difference is what carrier, what plan do you use, and how much does the phone cost? I'm pretty sure that if someone handed you an iPhone 4, or an Evo 4g, or a Nokia N1, etc you all would be pretty satisfied because all those phones are great in their own right.

And lets be honest the MAJORITY of us don't even use half of the features they list on these phones. Get real for once, the only #!%* y'all do on these phones is text, and go on the internet, and occasionally you will play with an app or two. Who gives a ++$! about an HDMI port, and iPhone FaceTime? People are really going to use that? No. It's just a cool thing that people will use for  maybe a week and then forget about it. Not to mention the majority of the people on your contact list wont even have a front facing camera. In an era where people are affraid to communicate directly to one another, instead we use texting, facebook, and twitter to talk....do y'all honestly think you are going to use a FaceTime or Quik? The hell outta here with that. 
laugh.gif

The ONLY thing iPhone wins by miles is Apps and development. When something new is in development ...the iPhone is almost guaranteed to have it. Their app store is dwarfs other cell phone app stores, albeit alot of that stuff in the app store is garbage and a waste of time.  And if you are a person like me, who thinks that most of these apps are worthless and they take up your time and money, than apps dont apply to you.

All this back and forth but when it all boils down, people will spend over $200 on a device that you will only use text, internet, and music on.

with that said, hand me a Blackberry Bold with a Bolt browser and I'm set.
-The Juice

My friend said he's getting the iPhone 4, told him if he wants to use facetime ill let him use my WiFi hotspot on my 3g/4g connected EVO and if we both can't connec
t to our cellular towers ill have my Sprint phone roam over Verizon network for free. At the expense of his iPhone not coming close to my audio equipment and sets of interference from gsm networks like ATT. Typed from an HTC EVO.

JUS3 wrote:

I think this is a solid phone. We all want the hype (lets face it Gizmodo to that away), people will focus on the flaws of the presentation, and then their are just some haters. But this device in its built and usefulness is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else. Also this phones tech put into the iPad 2G is going to be sick. I have a Nexus One as well by the way, so I am not being a fanboy.

This is why dudes hate on Apple stans. Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else? Come on man. We already got a grip of phones out that do the same *#!*.

Damn, wish you would have quoted me after the edit. My grammer is horrible in the orginal post, lol.

I really can't recall any other smart phone that can do all of this. It has always been a face that every phone will offer something different, but in my opinion the iPhone has always been the most innovative device introduced to us. I mean you want to be real, there would be no EVO, N1, Android, etc without Apple stepping in and bring us the iPhone in 2007. I just respect those that are innovative, that’s all. Sure we have devices and tech that do some of the things that the iPhone does, but not many do it with such ease. Some do it just to do it and that has never been Apple's stance. These guys seem to want to do it right. There world has many devices that can do what the iPhone can do, this is true, but none can do all of what it can do and it can do things that none can do. When you have a phone backed by a company that is as innovative and established a valid app market then one can say what’s better.

I think this is a really nice update by apple. I thought I knew it all when the prototype leaked...
laugh.gif
they always seem to amaze with the engineering and brand technology behind it. I currently own an EVO and I thinks its the best phone I have ever touched, but the iPhone 4 is making me think twice about about keeping it. Im attracted to the shiny new iPhone but im skeptic to return because the main reason I left was because the simple OS bored the ++@ out of me (even with jailbreaking) I mean its simple, useful, quick... but it just makes me yawn every time I unlock it and see a wall of apps. can anyone else relate? (BTW im not a hater, I own a Macbook and 2 iPods.)

Originally Posted by JUS3

I think this is a solid phone. We all want the hype (lets face it Gizmodo to that away), people will focus on the flaws of the presentation, and then their are just some haters. But this device in its built and usefulness is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else. Also this phones tech put into the iPad 2G is going to be sick. I have a Nexus One as well by the way, so I am not being a fanboy.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

This is why dudes hate on Apple stans. Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else? Come on man.  We already got a grip of phones out that do the same *#!*.

If it was available on another carrier I might seriously consider coping...but I can't stand ATT and their high @*! prices/weak service.

No thanks.

So this is what it says on my AT&T account:

[table][tr][td]
You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 11/13/2010
[/td][td]
Select
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
iPhone Upgrade
As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 11/13/2010  
[/td][/tr][/table]

My contract ends Nov 2010. Does that mean I get the 199/299 price? What does it mean by " Discounted Iphone upgrade at a higher price" ?

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

I think this is a really nice update by apple. I thought I knew it all when the prototype leaked...
laugh.gif
they always seem to amaze with the engineering and brand technology behind it. I currently own an EVO and I thinks its the best phone I have ever touched, but the iPhone 4 is making me think twice about about keeping it. Im attracted to the shiny new iPhone but im skeptic to return because the main reason I left was because the simple OS bored the ++@ out of me (even with jailbreaking) I mean its simple, useful, quick... but it just makes me yawn every time I unlock it and see a wall of apps. can anyone else relate? (BTW im not a hater, I own a Macbook and 2 iPods.)
I can relate with my Nexus One. To me it is simple and basic when it comes to the apps. I think a good deal of my boredom is because I can't use it as it is supposed to be used because I am in Kuwait and not the US, but I feel you. I actually love switching to my iPhone, there is always something new about it, lol. So this update is a welcomed one.  No hate on the EVO I haven't used it but it just isn't the phone for a man who is international and depends on GSM networks.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

All this debate about what phone does what, and which phone is better is absolutely USELESS! And you can thank iPhone for that. Since the inception of the iPhone, developers have been goin HARD trying to beat it. Making the cell phone market an exciting and forever re-innovating market. But honestly....ALL these new 'Smartphones' are EXACTLY the same #!%* different toilet. Really all of these phones coming out, do great is a vast area of things. Their cameras are good, the internet is good, the apps are plentiful, and the OS is good. Every phone has its advantages and disadvantages which puts all of these phone at pretty much and equal level.

Really the only difference is what carrier, what plan do you use, and how much does the phone cost? I'm pretty sure that if someone handed you an iPhone 4, or an Evo 4g, or a Nokia N1, etc you all would be pretty satisfied because all those phones are great in their own right.

And lets be honest the MAJORITY of us don't even use half of the features they list on these phones. Get real for once, the only #!%* y'all do on these phones is text, and go on the internet, and occasionally you will play with an app or two. Who gives a ++$! about an HDMI port, and iPhone FaceTime? People are really going to use that? No. It's just a cool thing that people will use for  maybe a week and then forget about it. Not to mention the majority of the people on your contact list wont even have a front facing camera. In an era where people are affraid to communicate directly to one another, instead we use texting, facebook, and twitter to talk....do y'all honestly think you are going to use a FaceTime or Quik? The hell outta here with that. 
laugh.gif

The ONLY thing iPhone wins by miles is Apps and development. When something new is in development ...the iPhone is almost guaranteed to have it. Their app store is dwarfs other cell phone app stores, albeit alot of that stuff in the app store is garbage and a waste of time.  And if you are a person like me, who thinks that most of these apps are worthless and they take up your time and money, than apps dont apply to you.

All this back and forth but when it all boils down, people will spend over $200 on a device that you will only use text, internet, and music on.

-The Juice

I said the exact same shid in the wwdc thread ppl talking bout this and that esp the video calling. Like how many ppl are you really gonna be able to use it with a good amount of ppl. I mean with the exception of metro piece of ... everyone has a great phone

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

laugh.gif

-The Juice

thank you...

Originally Posted by piczon1983

So this is what it says on my AT&T account:

[table][tr][td]
You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 11/13/2010
[/td][td]
Select
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
iPhone Upgrade
As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 11/13/2010  
[/td][/tr][/table]

My contract ends Nov 2010. Does that mean I get the 199/299 price? What does it mean by " Discounted Iphone upgrade at a higher price" ?

I was at the Apple Store yesterday to capitalize on my apple-care and swapped out a new 3G for free due to battery issues with my other 3G.  Anyway, my Contract ends in December 2010, which means that you are eligible for an upgrade for $199.  That's what they told me at the apple store, at least. 

"discounted at a higher price"

I thoght that mean you get the phone for $399 or $499?

depending on which gig

my contract is up in 2011... And they are telling me the same thing
frown.gif

Truthfully it's the carrier issue I think most people are frustrated with. If the iPhone was for any carrier no phone on the market would stand a chance against it. Because whether it does this or that or whatever, it's just a sick looking phone that's marketed incredibly well, just like iPods. Yeah there's thousands of other MP3 players out there and some people prefer the Zune and others but when it comes down to it, iPod reigns supreme because it looks pretty, it's easy to use, it's marketed great and anybody can buy it and use it. The iPhone takes its knocks because not everyone can get it because it's not on their carrier and people with bad credit (like me) wouldn't want to switch a carrier just to get it and pay a ridiculous deposit. I've luckily been on AT&T since day one 13 years ago when it was called Pac Bell in my area. So for me the iPhone has always been the winner because it's the best phone on my carrier. Now if I was on Sprint or Verizon or T-Mobile then I'd go with an Evo or Droid or HD2 or whatever was the big dog phone because they all do great stuff. But if I had ultimate choice without any carrier boundaries then I'd always roll with iPhone because of physical design, great ease of use, apps and after market products for it that everybody on the market makes like cases and things like that.

And let's face it if the iPhone wasn't so great then so many people wouldn't always argue how their phone is better than the iPhone. You never hear the discussion of how many phones are better than the Droid, etc. It's always every big phone that comes out and how much better it is than the iPhone. iPhone is always winning for that reason alone.

Back
Top Bottom