Official Jazz thread

Wow just discovered this thread. Amazing music on here.
Here is my all time favourite, I discovered it when I was 16 and ever since it takes me back every time I hear it.

smokin.gif

Posted the studio version of this earlier in the thread, but just heard this live version (good quality) that I had to post. Excited about his next release, Black Radio coming out next month.

Just bought this today. Project is called Ninety Miles. Christian Scott on trumpet, David Sanchez on tenor sax, Stefon Harris on Vibraphones...

Don't watch the grammys much but I happened to catch when Esperanza Spalding won best new artist beating out Justin Bieber, Drake, Mumford & Sons, & Florence & The Machine. I yelled out so loud that I scared the *%% out of my wife & woke up my son. Love her work...Gorgeous too.

Picked this up today also...  My 8 year old heard this playing while I was downloading stuff into iTunes & he said I listened to some smooth stuff. Love that little guy...Light of my life...

Anybody familiar w/ Robert Glasper?

This came on SiriusXM the other day and i've had it on repeat ever since. If anybody is familiar w/ his catalog and can tell me what i should look for or what are his best projects lmk. He's got a couple on Itunes, i don't even know where to start.

^ what up dude. Been a Glasper fan for years. Even seen him live twice. Posted him throughout this thread. Looking forward to the Black Radio release. He's going the R&B route but it's sounds good. I'd recommend getting In My Element first.

Just found this. Melody Gardot has grown to become one of my favorite voices. Didn't know she did a song with Herbie Hancock
laugh.gif
when he said, "I just found out about you". She has a pretty interesting story about how she started with music.

Wow...two voices just killing this song so softly. In addition to being a world class musician, Esperanza is a professor at the Berkley School of Music.

Posting this for Definition of Dopeness. I know this is more R&B but oh well. I hope Glasper does a straight Jazz record soon after Black Radio is released...

If anyone lives in NYC, be on the look out for his shows. He's been getting a lot of guests that stop through like Lupe Fiasco, Q-Tip, Yassin Bey (Artist Formly Known as Mos Def).

Rober Glasper just announced a new US tour the other day. I've been waiting for the chance to see him live for the longest. Can't wait

Back
Top Bottom