Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

THIS!!!
I received a pair of brand new kings pride 11s from a reputable retailer because someone did this. On quick glance they looked unworn, but once pulled out of the box it was obvious they were worn at least once. I was pissed that they didnt inspect it fully and even more pissed at the person trying to pass them back to the store as unworn.
Are u mad at yourself or the retailers or the person that returned?

I agree. Who wants a second hand shoe when you paying full retail? I know I'm a bit OCD but I only buy shoes from the back room that haven't even been tried on before

Bigj I had a lot of respect for u, but for u to say that,I lost all respect , this oreo thread is about asking questions, I would like to thanks to the other nt members that help and answer my questions

respect? he did nothing wrong

you are trying to return used shoes.

there is nothing wrong with your shoes... AT ALL. its behind the laces where the laces will rub and the shoe bends. You already wore the shoes, keep wearing them because its not on the outside where people can see it (whatever it is..?) we have all received kicks with defects im sure.

My thing is why wear them and then decide to send them back, unless the shoe is falling apart take the L or resell them noting the fact you've worn them. These new age sneakerheads feel way too comfortable wearing a shoe once and making an excuse to get their money back.

Are u mad at yourself or the retailers or the person that returned?

Why would I be mad at myself?? Silly question. Already said, the retailer and the returner were both foul, as bigJ put it.

Are you mad at yourself? Sounds like you are

My thing is why wear them and then decide to send them back, unless the shoe is falling apart take the L or resell them noting the fact you've worn them. These new age sneakerheads feel way too comfortable wearing a shoe once and making an excuse to get their money back.
It didn't come like that, once I wore them for 6 hours in the cold, it changed. When I got my Oreos it wasn't perfect they were flaws, but I didn't mind, I can show u 1 of the flaws which is not a problem,

Should always inspect your shoes when you get em if you see something you absolutely can't live with then return em.. Don't wear sneakers and try to return em, unless your upset with performance but these ain't those kinda sneakers...

Why would I be mad at myself?? Silly question. Already said, the retailer and the returner were both foul, as bigJ put it.

Are you mad at yourself? Sounds like you are
As I stated, from now on, I will always inspect them before I give them my moola

It didn't come like that, once I wore them for 6 hours in the cold, it changed. When I got my Oreos it wasn't perfect they were flaws, but I didn't mind, I can show u 1 of the flaws which is not a problem,
So the weather ruined your shoe? :lol: bro you're not making a convincing argument.

As I stated, from now on, I will always inspect them before I give them my moola

By the way, mine were mail order not bought in store.

If you go into the store and sit there and try to interrogate a popular Jordan release, that sales person gonna rip them right outta your hand and selll to the person behind you! :lol:

So the weather ruined your shoe? :lol: bro you're not making a convincing argument.
I think somebody did state that snow or cold weather will mess up leather, that's why it's not a good idea to wear them in the cold weather, that's why we are waiting for spring

I think somebody did state that snow or cold weather will mess up leather, that's why it's not a good idea to wear them in the cold weather, that's why we are waiting for spring

Yeah someone said this about a week ago.. I actually do remember that. Not even gonna lie

By the way, mine were mail order not bought in store.

If you go into the store and sit there and try to interrogate a popular Jordan release, that sales person gonna rip them right outta your hand and selll to the person behind you! :lol:
So the fact is: it's a bad idea for any1 to inspect a shoe before they buy?

Cold weather will mess u0 leather, because it changes how the leather acts, in this case I would say it caused it to stretch instead of simply flex, which caused the tumbled effect to be kind of ironed out.. Returning them won't change anything as it will simply happen to the next pair if worn in extreme cold.
I wouldn't worry about it to much, like similar effects are bound to happen under wear over time anyways. Now I would be concerned if the tumbled leather throughout the rest of the show lost its texture, that to me would be return worthy.. But he tongue is a high stress area

Last edited:
"Inspect?" ...no.
Pulling the laces out to see if the leather on the tongue is wrinkled ...OD
Bruh, I unlaced my Oreos because I'm trying my best fix the problem I'm having, and just happen to take a pic to show u guys what's going on,has nothing to do with inspecting shoes on rd

But you decided to wear it anyway? 6hrs of wearing your sneakers in cold weather won't ruin your shoes, I understand for long periods of time.

Lol who's gonna see your tongue anyway?

Who cares you wore em already... Just sneakers, wear em not like the leather ripped or anything. If it's not a flaw that will prevent you from wearing them cause they will further cause damage to the shoe it ain't that serious man.

Cold weather will mess u0 leather, because it changes how the leather acts, in this case I would say it caused it to stretch instead of simply flex, which caused the tumbled effect to be kind of ironed out.. Returning them won't change anything as it will simply happen to the next pair if worn in extreme cold.
I wouldn't worry about it to much, like similar effects are bound to happen under wear over time anyways. Now I would be concerned if the tumbled leather throughout the rest of the show lost its texture, that to me would be return worthy.. But he tongue is a high stress area
Thank u,repped,that's all I needed

Back
Top Bottom