OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

t87l2b.jpg

this pic is probably da most honest/ tellin of da material.....you see how smooth durabuck looks on da heel counter on da infrareds ?
smh.gif

looks like complete crap on da varsity reds.
laugh.gif

thanks for da comparison shots....my heels are DUG on not getting these.

Originally Posted by psypha

Originally Posted by sickickz23

there we go, exposed. starting with this 2 pages back:

homer420 wrote:

^ i use wearable shoe trees, universal. Damn my shoes jus came in and they are FRESH!!!! they dark like charlie murphy! no ashy larryness at all . the suede
is like the suede they use on the seats in the first gen. lexus IS. definitely recommend picking up these kicks. you wont be dissapointed. They look
EXACTLY like NEVER WEAR THEM's pics.

fast forward to a couple pages later:

homer420 wrote:

well my shoes arrived so i can finally stop posting/checking this thread now lol. Once again you will not be disappointed w/ these . I must admit tho
these are lint magnets
but a $3 dollar lint roller will make them spanking new
pimp.gif
. Hope everyone gets their pairs!
At least u covered up your first false statement with an honest one.

GOT EM!

and lint roller for da record is just gonna kill them faster, you're gonna remove patches and patches of small suede hairs till they start to lookfaded....

enjoy doing that though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by psypha

there we go, exposed. starting with this 2 pages back:

homer420 wrote:

^ i use wearable shoe trees, universal. Damn my shoes jus came in and they are FRESH!!!! they dark like charlie murphy! no ashy larryness at all . the suede
is like the suede they use on the seats in the first gen. lexus IS. definitely recommend picking up these kicks. you wont be dissapointed. They look
EXACTLY like NEVER WEAR THEM's pics.

fast forward to a couple pages later:

homer420 wrote:

well my shoes arrived so i can finally stop posting/checking this thread now lol. Once again you will not be disappointed w/ these . I must admit tho
these are lint magnets
but a $3 dollar lint roller will make them spanking new
pimp.gif
. Hope everyone gets their pairs!
At least u covered up your first false statement with an honest one.

GOT EM!

and lint roller for da record is just gonna kill them faster, you're gonna remove patches and patches of small suede hairs till they start to look faded....

enjoy doing that though
laugh.gif

agreed. I use a can air duster on my kicks.

Shouts out to Ninjahood and Mr Niketalk. My two favoite NTers. Never afraid to speak what's on their minds.

To speak and to speak well are two things. A fool may talk, but a wise man speaks.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Shouts out to Ninjahood and Mr Niketalk. My two favoite NTers. Never afraid to speak what's on their minds.

To speak and to speak well are two things. A fool may talk, but a wise man speaks.
agreed. i a copping 2x tho.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

iust respect dude for voicing his opinion nd being concrete on it.
wink.gif

t87l2b.jpg

this pic is probably da most honest/ tellin of da material.....you see how smooth durabuck looks on da heel counter on da infrareds ?
smh.gif

laugh.gif

dunno, they look perfectly fine to me, just a different material.

Also, I hate those wrinkles-like creases that pop up on durabuck after a little while. I'd honestly much rather deal with waterproofed suede. It'ssofter and generally withstands torsion a lot better than the leather nike/JB uses on their shoes and durabuck.

To each his own I guess.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

agreed. i a copping 2x tho.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

iust respect dude for voicing his opinion millions and m illions of times nd being VERY concrete on it.
wink.gif

fixed
wink.gif

t87l2b.jpg

smh.gif

laugh.gif

@ YuSuke420: Thanks for the comparison pics man, very nice, those are the first I have seen since these starting flooding the streets.

But, yea man, that durabuck they used on the Infrareds is real nice, I don't get the logic behind using that suede on the varsities men's sizes andthen the same durabuck from the infrareds on the GS size runs for this release. Unless they use the durabuck on the Infrared pack releasing in June, now thatwould make perfect sense, from a business/financial perspective. Havin' that durabuck on these varsities would have been VERY VERY NICE.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/OG.html

[h1]
[/h1]What does OG stand for?

[table][tr][td]

Your abbreviation search returned 48 meanings

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/og

[h2]officer of the guard[/h2]

-noun Military.

[table][tr][td]an officer, acting under the officer of the day, who is responsible for the instruction, discipline, and performance of duty of the guard in a post, camp, or station. Abbreviation: OG, O.G.[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

again, officer of the guard would be ootg, not og if we're goin' strictly by initials, which i am. so O.G. means original gangster. i'm not wrong.not Original shoe of the Gangster, or Original of the Gangster, but Original Gangster. O.G. let's use what's there and not try to use militaryterminology and abbreviations to apply to a street title, ok?
thanks
peace

Originally Posted by seanj4523

• A block used as a building material, especially a cinder block.
  • A small wooden or plastic cube used as a building toy.
  • A basic element or part of something: [size=+0]Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins.[/size]

• building%20blocks.JPG

looked up the defenition of building blocks and thats what it gave me not that lame defenition of building blocks you gave me alot of people on here have been usig the term OG for the longest but snce you want to analyze the term OG analyze your screen name first.

and what is dna? the buildingblocks of life, fool! they are amino acids in a sequence. did you even go to school or drop out? durrrrrr! lol! do better, man.alot of people are hypebeasts and followers, what does that mean to me cuz somebody is usin' somethin' wrong in my eyes. i mean, do you, i can'tchange it, nor am i tryin' to, but i can ridicule it where i see fit.

Originally Posted by buildingblock

• A basic element or part of something: [size=+0]Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins.[/size]

• building%20blocks.JPG

looked up the defenition of building blocks and thats what it gave me not that lame defenition of building blocks you gave me alot of people on here have been usig the term OG for the longest but snce you want to analyze the term OG analyze your screen name first.

and what is dna? the buildingblocks of life, fool! they are amino acids in a sequence. did you even go to school or drop out? durrrrrr! lol! do better, man. alot of people are hypebeasts and followers, what does that mean to me cuz somebody is usin' somethin' wrong in my eyes. i mean, do you, i can't change it, nor am i tryin' to, but i can ridicule it where i see fit.
Yo man, with all respect due, can ya'll take this to a PM? It's clogging up the thread.

Peace.

Originally Posted by Yusuke420

I picked up one of my pairs today. I'll be copping a second pair for myself, plus a pair for each of my sons on RD. I like these, they're pretty nice.

Here are some comparison pics next to my '00 retros. Enjoy!

rigpz6.jpg

6fyryb.jpg

2ntk9ag.jpg

29wonm9.jpg

t87l2b.jpg

300fzt5.jpg

2a83tdw.jpg

Alongside some other recent retros
v5aag2.jpg

Thanks to everyone for posting all of their great pics.
pimp.gif
nice pics
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cant wait till saturday 2 pick my 2 pairs up

It's funny how this morphed from EVERYBODY bashing this shoe, to EVERYBODY tryna come at Ninja for sticcin to his guns and continuin to bash it whilsteveryone else had a change of heart, to now the SAME people who originally bashed it, then got hit with a hype hook and tried to go in on Ninja, and are nowposting pics of their copped pair
eyes.gif
.... you guys are weak thats why Jordanforum is the ghetto nobody wants to be in anymore.
sick.gif

And I be in the middle of crap a lot more than I should, I overstand that. But with that said, I have the sense to see what is happening here.
nerd.gif
The majority of you guys on here, young and old doesnt matter, are sheepand just follow what the NT majority does.
indifferent.gif
Now, foranyone who's an oldhead and chooses to get beasty cuz I called the old-heads sheep too feel free. But I'm 26 and I consider myself an old-head and Itruly dont just jump on everything OG and cry and whine about Nike Air and the normal stuff the kids make fun of us for.
grin.gif
I agree with my boy SeanJ that some variety needs to be sprinkled through thebrand and the Retro series will be eternally boring if the same OG colors continue to retro every couple years. I also agree with Ninja that the company isforce-feeding the younger generation shadows of the OGs they are retroing off of. That is called marketing to your target audience. And ninja, its obvious tosee it 8nt us anymore bro.
embarassed.gif

So, I'm glad for everyone scoopin these up, props to you, nice pics and the whole 9. Buildingbloks I'm so scared of you and every other imbecile onhere who puts their earthly existence on the line for a government that does nothing for you when you return from deployment 50 pounds lighter cuz u left yourlegs on a dirt road somewhere in the middle of biblical Arabia. U may think the street military is a joke, and for the most part it is, but I 8nt never onetime been forced by my OGs in my hood to go out and do something idiotic like u fools get from your COs on a daily basis. Another example of sheep unable tothink for themselves and needing another man to direct their lives. That's all I got, I'm not coppin so I won't post in here again.

Originally Posted by Agent0024

It's funny how this morphed from EVERYBODY bashing this shoe, to EVERYBODY tryna come at Ninja for sticcin to his guns and continuin to bash it whilst everyone else had a change of heart, to now the SAME people who originally bashed it, then got hit with a hype hook and tried to go in on Ninja, and are now posting pics of their copped pair
eyes.gif
.... you guys are weak thats why Jordan forum is the ghetto nobody wants to be in anymore.
sick.gif

And I be in the middle of crap a lot more than I should, I overstand that. But with that said, I have the sense to see what is happening here.
nerd.gif
The majority of you guys on here, young and old doesnt matter, are sheep and just follow what the NT majority does.
indifferent.gif
Now, for anyone who's an oldhead and chooses to get beasty cuz I called the old-heads sheep too feel free. But I'm 26 and I consider myself an old-head and I truly dont just jump on everything OG and cry and whine about Nike Air and the normal stuff the kids make fun of us for.
grin.gif
I agree with my boy SeanJ that some variety needs to be sprinkled through the brand and the Retro series will be eternally boring if the same OG colors continue to retro every couple years. I also agree with Ninja that the company is force-feeding the younger generation shadows of the OGs they are retroing off of. That is called marketing to your target audience. And ninja, its obvious to see it 8nt us anymore bro.
embarassed.gif

So, I'm glad for everyone scoopin these up, props to you, nice pics and the whole 9. Buildingbloks I'm so scared of you and every other imbecile on here who puts their earthly existence on the line for a government that does nothing for you when you return from deployment 50 pounds lighter cuz u left your legs on a dirt road somewhere in the middle of biblical Arabia. U may think the street military is a joke, and for the most part it is, but I 8nt never one time been forced by my OGs in my hood to go out and do something idiotic like u fools get from your COs on a daily basis. Another example of sheep unable to think for themselves and needing another man to direct their lives. That's all I got, I'm not coppin so I won't post in here again.
i understand what you saying i was 1 that did not like the shoes but i had a change of opinion also im 33 if you whant to call me an og head or anewbe thats fine my first pair of jays were the black/metalic 5s in 1990 but i feel if you whant to copp a shoe so do it.its not the hype for me
nobody pays for my shoes you know this is not directed at you it just my opinon

t87l2b.jpg
To be honesty this pic is not helping your case much ninjahood they look almost exactly the same the only difference i can see is the material onesuede the other is different and the reds don't look that different in the pic one is slightly darker then the other thats about it

I see dudes are still arguing, sad. This is why I stay in the retro section, less bickering like women and more help and information. If I wanted to argueI'd go call a chick.

Just seeing those VI lows just made me grateful JB didn't do that BS again. So yeah I guess in a way we do need to be satisfied.

Whoever mentioned the tongue, c'mon son, one of the best parts.

I went from 60/40 to 70/30 in getting them. I'll get up at 6:30 head to the mall, if it's a SJ line(which I doubt) I'm taking my butt back home,and it wasn't meant to be.

Originally Posted by buildingblock

• building%20blocks.JPG

and what is dna? the buildingblocks of life, fool! they are amino acids in a sequence. did you even go to school or drop out? durrrrrr! lol! do better, man. alot of people are hypebeasts and followers, what does that mean to me cuz somebody is usin' somethin' wrong in my eyes. i mean, do you, i can't change it, nor am i tryin' to, but i can ridicule it where i see fit.

seanj you cool and everything but you should let it go

Originally Posted by Agent0024

It's funny how this morphed from EVERYBODY bashing this shoe, to EVERYBODY tryna come at Ninja for sticcin to his guns and continuin to bash it whilst everyone else had a change of heart, to now the SAME people who originally bashed it, then got hit with a hype hook and tried to go in on Ninja, and are now posting pics of their copped pair
eyes.gif
.... you guys are weak thats why Jordan forum is the ghetto nobody wants to be in anymore.
sick.gif

nerd.gif
The majority of you guys on here, young and old doesnt matter, are sheep and just follow what the NT majority does.
indifferent.gif
Now, for anyone who's an oldhead and chooses to get beasty cuz I called the old-heads sheep too feel free. But I'm 26 and I consider myself an old-head and I truly dont just jump on everything OG and cry and whine about Nike Air and the normal stuff the kids make fun of us for.
grin.gif
I agree with my boy SeanJ that some variety needs to be sprinkled through the brand and the Retro series will be eternally boring if the same OG colors continue to retro every couple years. I also agree with Ninja that the company is force-feeding the younger generation shadows of the OGs they are retroing off of. That is called marketing to your target audience. And ninja, its obvious to see it 8nt us anymore bro.
embarassed.gif

So, I'm glad for everyone scoopin these up, props to you, nice pics and the whole 9. Buildingbloks I'm so scared of you and every other imbecile on here who puts their earthly existence on the line for a government that does nothing for you when you return from deployment 50 pounds lighter cuz u left your legs on a dirt road somewhere in the middle of biblical Arabia. U may think the street military is a joke, and for the most part it is, but I 8nt never one time been forced by my OGs in my hood to go out and do something idiotic like u fools get from your COs on a daily basis. Another example of sheep unable to think for themselves and needing another man to direct their lives. That's all I got, I'm not coppin so I won't post in here again.
Dude stop coming in here to argue we are done with that move on

Its okay to look out for your boy ninjahood but look out for him when he is rite

Don't come in here and help him bash that don't make sense

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

t87l2b.jpg
To be honesty this pic is not helping your case much ninjahood they look almost exactly the same the only difference i can see is the material one suede the other is different and the reds don't look that different in the pic one is slightly darker then the other thats about it

You're really trying hard. You have stock in JB? Have you seen the infrareds up close? They don't look the same, maybe from a distance and to theuntrained non sneakerhead eye, the camera quality just isn't that great(no offense).

And that not even including with every retro JB does these does I worry about the paint quality long term, heck, the quality after more than 5-10 wears.

They look better than I thought they would in the pics you all posted.

I could get pass the difference in red and probably get past the material used. But, No "NIKE AIR" on the back = pass for me.

People will probably say I'm just complaining but, the big "NIKE AIR" on the back was a big part of the shoe to me.

Back
Top Bottom