OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by ninjahood

t87l2b.jpg
To be honesty this pic is not helping your case much ninjahood they look almost exactly the same the only difference i can see is the material one suede the other is different and the reds don't look that different in the pic one is slightly darker then the other thats about it

here i'll help you out

21bt3kx.jpg

da infrared pair on da right uses reinforced durabuck on da heel counter thats harder then da rest of da shoe, notice da 2 shades of black from

da top of da toes to da sides and it stops towards da last 3rd of da shoe where da reinforcement starts and curves around da back of da heel

where da "nike air/jumpman" would be stitched on. da varsity red pair completely craps out on its heel counter.

nike-air-jordan-vi-black-red1.jpeg

katrina auction/stockphoto of da jordan VI's showcasing da reinforced hardened durabuck heel that da varsity reds lack.

air-jordan-6-infared-2.jpg

close up of da varsity red VI's with da weaker suede heel area.

gentrysheat002.jpg

katrina auction VI's with da hardened durabuck material...notice how when da light hits em a slight sheen of light can be seen VS da rest of da non

reinforced durabuck.

11tbxpv.jpg

another angle with kanye holding a durabuck model, again look at how da back of da shoe reflects light VS da rest of da upper.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

They look better than I thought they would in the pics you all posted.

I could get pass the difference in red and probably get past the material used. But, No "NIKE AIR" on the back = pass for me.

People will probably say I'm just complaining but, the big "NIKE AIR" on the back was a big part of the shoe to me.
I respect your opinion but nike air has not been on the back on a pair of jordan in years but i get what your saying

idk because i just felt the heel counter on my 2010 and it is really hard its the hardest part of the shoe so they must have put that on the 2010 6's also

all those who have the 2010 feel it can tell me i could be wrong

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

They look better than I thought they would in the pics you all posted.

I could get pass the difference in red and probably get past the material used. But, No "NIKE AIR" on the back = pass for me.

People will probably say I'm just complaining but, the big "NIKE AIR" on the back was a big part of the shoe to me.

Even though you can't even see it with jeans? No Nike Air would be down my list of complaints.

^See how ugly and ashy they look in that pic in person there look 10 times better this shoe is hard to photograph

You got to see it in person to see how pretty the shoe really is

Thats why in some peoples pics it looks
sick.gif

And in others it looks
pimp.gif

honestly the material should not have been suede, period. thats what kills the shoe IMO. its still a nice shoe but i have to be honest with myself and admitthat its just a placeholder until i can get infrareds in june.

^See how ugly and ashy they look in that pic in person there look 10 times better this shoe is hard to photograph

sick.gif

And in others it looks
pimp.gif
that's how it usually is. people base their opinions on the shoe by bad *@! quality high flash photos.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

sick.gif

And in others it looks
pimp.gif
that's how it usually is. people base their opinions on the shoe by bad *@! quality high flash photos.

I can't lie the high flash makes the shoe look bad but believe me they're not. I've been hearing a lot of people talk about how the shoe looks ashybut if you're gonna spend $100+ for a pair of kicks you might as well spend an extra $3 for a shoe brush

Mine came lent free and super clean out the box i don't know if a shoe brush is needed but i guess maybe later on but that's with all kicks tho

Kicks don't stay fresh forever if you take good care of them they will last longed when i were my mars 4 i always get compliments because they still lookbrand new

and i brought them 4 years ago

i just got my pair they are ok nothing to brag about, the painting of the shoes are very sloppy, my pair did look a lil ashy out the box. and the sloppy gluingon the right shoe is a disgrace. just a place holder if and when the pack drops. im with ninja durabuck would make this shoe complete

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by kantoot

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by I am Furby

all of my local spots are only getting 2 of each size. any conformation as to whether or not Eastbay will be getting these?

Eastbay will get these. I talked to customer service.

Anybody know what the style number for Eastbay?

Style: 384664-061

I think you meant product number though. Not sure about that one. I bet if you call, they can tell you.
Eastbay product number will be 84664061.

Originally Posted by koncrete kickz

i just got my pair they are ok nothing to brag about, the painting of the shoes are very sloppy, my pair did look a lil ashy out the box. and the sloppy gluing on the right shoe is a disgrace. just a place holder if and when the pack drops. im with ninja durabuck would make this shoe complete

When I copped from my spot the first pair they tried to give me the right shoe was just like that. I told them I needed another pair and they swapped it out

i just got my pair they are ok nothing to brag about, the painting of the shoes are very sloppy, my pair did look a lil ashy out the box. and the sloppy gluing on the right shoe is a disgrace. just a place holder if and when the pack drops. im with ninja durabuck would make this shoe complete

Wow
eek.gif
that sucks

Im happy the one pair i brought from pys.com didn't come like that

So true, saw them yesterday in person and like kickz said nothing to brag about and yes SLOPPY when it comes to the paint and glue job on them! I was reallythinking about buy this shoe after seein how good people pics made them look, but once I saw in person, forget about it.. Thanks JB for the extra cheese in mypocket

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

no offense Ninja, but I dont get you. You bash this shoe continuously, but you previously stated you don't want to pay $400+ for a shoe that is yellowed and might crack on you. I wouldn't put all my faith in that Infrared Pack releasing. You might end up quite upset if the pack gets scrapped (as many released do at JB)

And Agent you criticize older heads for being sheep and settling for less, but didn't you just buy the inferior 2009 Space Jam XIs last month? Or is that situation any different because that shoe was an XI and you had a hookup?

That's exactly what i have been saying if you have so much faith that the infrared pack is going to come out why bash this shoe so much ?

That shows you he has doubts that the pack is going to come out that's why he is bashing the shoe so much

Because if he didn't like it just don't cop why make this in to a big deal ?

He stated his opinion about 100 times already so it can't be that he just want to tell people how he feels about the shoe

.....Smh
tired.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

no offense Ninja, but I dont get you. You bash this shoe continuously, but you previously stated you don't want to pay $400+ for a shoe that is yellowed and might crack on you. I wouldn't put all my faith in that Infrared Pack releasing. You might end up quite upset if the pack gets scrapped (as many released do at JB)

And Agent you criticize older heads for being sheep and settling for less, but didn't you just buy the inferior 2009 Space Jam XIs last month? Or is that situation any different because that shoe was an XI and you had a hookup?
That's exactly what i have been saying if you have so much faith that the infrared pack is going to come out why bash this shoe so much ?

That shows you he has doubts that the pack is going to come out that's why he is bashing the shoe so much

Because if he didn't like it just don't cop why make this in to a big deal ?

He stated his opinion about 100 times already so it can't be that he just want to tell people how he feels about the shoe

.....Smh
tired.gif

C'mon now, I'm not siding with anyone here but Ninja and Agent stated their opinions and observations and Ninja provided examples of whathe was talking about. I don't agree 100% with anyone but all this debating back and forth with Ninja can be done in a PM so it won't keep clogging upthe forum and bumping it up with retorts to one person. It would be different if this were a panel type discussion but it's about 3-4 dudes going back andforth. Healthy debate is always encouraged but this is getting redundant.

Durabuck would have made this shoe go from very good to great IMHO.

Respect to all.

Just got mine in from ruggedsole. These things are
pimp.gif
. You really cant makefull judgement until you hold them in your hand. So those of you that are copping will not be dissapointed.

I personally think this is one of the hottest shoes to drop in the last 5 years (probably the hottest in my book next to the DMP 6)... I've alwayspreferred 6's over 11's, so that explains my ranking.

My 2 pairs were well-made. No ashiness, no scratches, paint and glue were fine.

My ONLY advice to people who decide to buy this shoe is to cop a car detailing brush (the one that looks like a paintbrush with blue bristles). They cost like $3 from Walmart or CVS or your local auto parts store. I would use this over any shoe brush out there. The bristlesare super soft and wont scratch the surface of your shoes or remove the suede fibers over time like shoe brushes tend to do. Just my advice.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

I personally think this is one of the hottest shoes to drop in the last 5 years (probably the hottest in my book next to the DMP 6)... I've always preferred 6's over 11's, so that explains my ranking.

My 2 pairs were well-made. No ashiness, no scratches, paint and glue were fine.

My ONLY advice to people who decide to buy this shoe is to cop a car detailing brush (the one with the blue bristles). They cost like $3 from Walmart or CVS. I would use this over any shoe brush out there. The bristles are super soft and wont scratch the surface of your shoes or remove the suede fibers over time like shoe brushes tend to do. Just my advice.

Good advice. That's the problem with normal shoe brushes, the scratch, especially the ones that come with the suede cleaners.

Back
Top Bottom