OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by chuck202

I think the best way to speak to a company is with your dollars..don't buy it if you don't want em...I'm going in with these though...it'll be my summer 2010 shoe, where I am these won't survive the latter part of winter.

I agree 100%. The only way to let a company know that you aren't happy with their product is not to support it.

Real Talk......

even better is to send them a pair of those fake ones from few years back and tell them what a joke JB hadbecome....Imma enjoy my pair from 2000 till the sole falls off!

Originally Posted by only HoHs collected

We must let Jordan Brand Go, as the same as they let us go

william
nerd.gif
grin.gif

these are made of the material the dmp VII raptors are made out of...the grey part... it's a weird nubuck marerial... but it NOT suede............

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

everyone has their own opinion and choices

But for whatever reason, they are continuing to hate on you in this thread . . . .
eyes.gif

sheke 'em off wes, shake 'em off

wow , these leave me iffy about copping , i hope they look real good when they release , otherwise theyre staying at footlocker lol

i gotta say i was really happy to hear about these. . .

it's going to be a gametime decision based on how they look in the store, until i can do that i'm going to hold off on picking up online.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Pretty soon we're not going to be doing a OG comparison with JB, we're going to be doing a fake comparison, and the fakes would probably win some of the battles.
roll.gif

or better yet, a fake Jordans thread on here because some of them look just like the stuff JB releases now.

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

the only ones that are copping these are the little hypebeast kids, and the fiends that have been waiting for this forever. that's all that jb needs to make money off of the hype for these shoes which are no where close to what they actually were when they came out a long time ago. just looking at those i'm lucky to have two pairs of what everyone was actually waiting for. instead jb sticks it to everyone and pull out some fake looking 6's laughing all the way to the bank thinking "look at all these fiends and hypebeasts swallowing these fake looking kicks" it doesn't matter what jb releases as long as it has the series number 6 on it and is black and red people will buy.

i'm just greatly dissapointed how jb can do us like this that's why i stopped buying crap that releases now and just stick to the good ol' day kicks with nike air, good shape and material. SMH........

QFT

All of yall hating on that last round of pics, yall gotta remember that suede NEVER photographs well. Once people see these in person a lot of you will comearound.

Btw, JB doesn't need Niketalk's endorsement to sell out a 6 model. Just look at all the fusions that have sold out.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

All of yall hating on that last round of pics, yall gotta remember that suede NEVER photographs well. Once people see these in person a lot of you will come around.
Suede done properly and not half a inch high photographs perfectly fine. You can see that from the CDP VI's. This looks like the same suedethey've put on the Trainer SB's.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I don't feel like shelling out half a stack for some ds infrared 6's whose wearability might be in question so even though I really am not feelin this recent incarnation...I will probably be getting 2 pairs.
ohwell.gif

For me this is the closest I'm gonna get to the infrared 6's without overpaying and wondering if the midsole is gonna crumble on me. Sucks though...why can't JB do something right for a change!!?
smh.gif
Why you ask ?

Re-read your statement and answer your own query. You are accepting, by your own admission, a mediocre product with the understanding that the Infrared 6 will not re-retro and if it does, nobody can wait to find out. You also admit that you really don't like the shoe, but nonetheless will purchase not just one but two pair ? You, my fellow NT'er, are the precise target audience that Brand Jordan is marketing their products towards. Too late in the game for the OGs, too late in the game for the 1st (1994) and 2nd ('99-'01) Generation Retros, so they force feed you guys these weird Jordans and you guys just gobble them all up . . . .

IF YOU DON'T LIKE, EVEN A LITTLE BIT, I IMPLORE YOU NOT TO BUY. If you do, don't be one of these hypocrites who bashes the shoe into smithereens but is at their favorite cop spot before the sun rises on RD . . . .

notoriusWES, glad you got your pair early and that you approve of your purchase
QFT, why would you ever waste money on something you dont even like, some people here dont make any sense

You must have not read my first sentence. Too busy highlighting the fact I said I'd pick up a couple of pairs...

I am fully aware of the quality issues on these shoes. I am fully aware of the fact that JB has bastardized the VI's now. But as mentioned, this is theclosest I can get without shelling out $550 and up for a ds pair from 2000...with the added exciting benefit of whether or not the shoes might actuallycrumble.

Some of you have a little bit of extra swag to your talk because you have the 2000 pair to still wear. Well, I don't..and I actually wear my sneakers.I'm not gonna spend half a stack on a pair of ds infrared VI's just so they can sit in the box due to age and fear of cracking...then what?

Like I said, there's really no excuse for JB to demolish this model but it happened. Unless one of you "good samaritan" NT'ers wants to sellme a wearable 2000 pair in a size 11 at a good price....
happy.gif

Christmas of 91 my parents bought me the Infrared VI. I was 10 years old.
August 2000 I bought 2 pairs of Infrared VI's and still have them to this day. 1 beat up, and 1 DS.
I will never, ever buy this shoe. Ever. This is not a substitute for the Infrared, and it is an ugly ugly shoe.

My point is, buy them because you like them as a separate color, not because you are settling for the Infrared VI. One day the Infrared will be back. Dont fallinto the hype and lose money on them in the future when the real colorway comes out.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by RetroSniper

I don't feel like shelling out half a stack for some ds infrared 6's whose wearability might be in question so even though I really am not feelin this recent incarnation...I will probably be getting 2 pairs.
ohwell.gif

For me this is the closest I'm gonna get to the infrared 6's without overpaying and wondering if the midsole is gonna crumble on me. Sucks though...why can't JB do something right for a change!!?
smh.gif
Why you ask ?

Re-read your statement and answer your own query. You are accepting, by your own admission, a mediocre product with the understanding that the Infrared 6 will not re-retro and if it does, nobody can wait to find out. You also admit that you really don't like the shoe, but nonetheless will purchase not just one but two pair ? You, my fellow NT'er, are the precise target audience that Brand Jordan is marketing their products towards. Too late in the game for the OGs, too late in the game for the 1st (1994) and 2nd ('99-'01) Generation Retros, so they force feed you guys these weird Jordans and you guys just gobble them all up . . . .

IF YOU DON'T LIKE, EVEN A LITTLE BIT, I IMPLORE YOU NOT TO BUY. If you do, don't be one of these hypocrites who bashes the shoe into smithereens but is at their favorite cop spot before the sun rises on RD . . . .

notoriusWES, glad you got your pair early and that you approve of your purchase
QFT, why would you ever waste money on something you dont even like, some people here dont make any sense

You must have not read my first sentence. Too busy highlighting the fact I said I'd pick up a couple of pairs...

I am fully aware of the quality issues on these shoes. I am fully aware of the fact that JB has bastardized the VI's now. But as mentioned, this is the closest I can get without shelling out $550 and up for a ds pair from 2000...with the added exciting benefit of whether or not the shoes might actually crumble.

Some of you have a little bit of extra swag to your talk because you have the 2000 pair to still wear. Well, I don't..and I actually wear my sneakers. I'm not gonna spend half a stack on a pair of ds infrared VI's just so they can sit in the box due to age and fear of cracking...then what?

Like I said, there's really no excuse for JB to demolish this model but it happened. Unless one of you "good samaritan" NT'ers wants to sell me a wearable 2000 pair in a size 11 at a good price....
happy.gif

I think RetroSniper highlighted the part where you say even though you aren't feeling these you are gonna buy anyways, not that you are buying multiples. I had the ogs as a kid, but never picked up the retros....and I'm with you on not wanting to pay half a stack for a pair of retros that might very wellfall apart, nor do I want a pair to just "look" at. However, I'm also not gonna buy this "I can't believe they are not infrareds"release just because I don't have a pair of infrareds either. I have lived just fine without a pair for this long and this low quality retro isn'tgonna make up for not having them IMO. I guess almost is good enough...which explains why these fusions are selling so well, but you do you....if these makeyou happy then get you a couple of pairs, and by the looks of these you may have to because the materials useddon't look very promising....at the end of the day it's your money.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom