Official: Lakers @ Knicks 2/2: Kobe Now Owns Most Scored On Both Coasts: 81 @ Staples 61 @ MSG

Props for Kobe sinking in 61
smokin.gif

Props for my Knicks only be down by 9 despite Kobe's rampage
smokin.gif

Also, Lebron James today is the best overall player in the NBA. And he's far, far better team defender than Kobe is right now.

Kobe right now has 59 steals and 16 blocks for the season. Lebron currently has *90* steals and *58* blocks. And Lebron's one-on-one defense has vastlyimproved...not quite MJ/Pippen level, but getting there.

And when it comes to passing and assists, no contest - Lebron in a landslide.

Originally Posted by AirJordans23

Also, Lebron James today is the best overall player in the NBA. And he's far, far better team defender than Kobe is right now.

Kobe right now has 59 steals and 16 blocks for the season. Lebron currently has *90* steals and *58* blocks. And Lebron's one-on-one defense has vastly improved...not quite MJ/Pippen level, but getting there.

ttile%20lol.jpg

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

I never downplayed Kobe's ballhogging performance today. It was a thing of beauty.

But all I'm saying is that his performance isn't seeing LBJ's nor MJ's who had to face the 90s Knicks.

YOU MAD?
With Bynum out, and no one but Pau stepping up, Kobe's performance tonight cannot be constituted as ballhogging. You're boy Lebrondominates the ball the full 45 min he's on the floor because he's ineffective without it, you call that ballhogging?

And you think that LBJ's triple double beats Kobe making history? I love how hypocritical you sound since you claim to not hate Kobe, but you always comeinto these kinds of threads hating or downplaying.

Stop being a btch and respond to me or anyone else calling you out, why do you keep going ghost?

Kobe is still that dude.

The haters still hating.

Everything seems to be in order.

Good night...

Go Lakers!

pimp.gif

Kobe right now has 59 steals and 16 blocks for the season. Lebron currently has *90* steals and *58* blocks. And Lebron's one-on-one defense has vastly improved...not quite MJ/Pippen level, but getting there.

Lebron is a beast, but you're reaching. Lebron lacks players that can create for themselves, thus allowing him to dominate the ball 100% ofthe time he's on the floor in order to create. Kobe has a few players that can create for themselves, taking the ball out of his hands.

As for defense, you've gotta be kidding. Lebron has tremendously improved his defensive game, but his man defense is still inconsistent, and those 90steals and 58 blocks are misleading. He plays the passing lanes 95% of the time, and all his blocks are weak side or in transition. Gambling defensively likethat puts Lebron's man in better position to score and Lebron may get 2 steals and 2 blocks per game, but he probably gives up 10+ pts when he isn'tsuccessful.

You can call it hating, I don't care. These are the facts, and you probably will respond diffrently because you listen to Rick Kamla a lot.

While i was watching the game earlier i knew NT would be on here mad at Kobe. Look we all know Lebron is the man, and by the end he may just be the best ever.But the NBA is still Kobes league and he proved it once again tonight.

If i was starting a franchise would i pick Lebron, more then likely. If i wanted to win 1 important game i would pick Kobe. Kobe showed everyone in theOlympics this past summer when the game is on the line and it means the most, he is that dude.

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

i mean mj was a better scorer than kobe. so what's the point.

kobe had 81 but he still ended up avging 35 a season.

meaning he has more ups and downs, where mj avged 37. on a slower paced game.
Its funny YOU say that but Scottie Pippen straight up said Kobe was a better all around scorer.

Yes I know its all opinion and yes I know Jordan is the GOAT but I've said this even since before Kobe dropped 81, dude is neck and neck with Michael.

LOL. fall back.
pippen said mj could score 100 if kobe did 81.

and you serious with "neck and neck with mike"? lol this dude.

Congratulations to Kobe, who in my mind is absolutely the second-greatest shooting guard of all time after Jordan. But mark my words...Lebron is gonna break that MSG record before he turns 30.

Another thing - there are only two players in NBA history who stuck their tongues out regularly when driving to the basket - MJ and Kobe. Actually I've seen quite a few photos of Kobe doing it. Even when Kobe dunked on Dwight Howard and rubbed his crotch on the rookie's face, he stuck his tongue out on that drive. So I wish he'd just admit that he's consciously trying to emulate MJ in both style and performance.
+1

Originally Posted by 531

Lebron is a beast, but you're reaching. Lebron lacks players that can create for themselves, thus allowing him to dominate the ball 100% of the time he's on the floor in order to create. Kobe has a few players that can create for themselves, taking the ball out of his hands.

As for defense, you've gotta be kidding. Lebron has tremendously improved his defensive game, but his man defense is still inconsistent, and those 90 steals and 58 blocks are misleading. He plays the passing lanes 95% of the time, and all his blocks are weak side or in transition. Gambling defensively like that puts Lebron's man in better position to score and Lebron may get 2 steals and 2 blocks per game, but he probably gives up 10+ pts when he isn't successful.

You can call it hating, I don't care. These are the facts, and you probably will respond diffrently because you listen to Rick Kamla a lot.

very very very, good point.
Kudos to you for understanding that sir
pimp.gif

+2

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at this thread.
Y'all feel threatened that Kobe outdid your boy at MSG, so you feel the need to defend him?

Great individual performance, nothing more, nothing less
Give the man his props and move on.

Jesus
laugh.gif
smh.gif

He scored 61 points in 37 mins
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He scored more than MJ at MSG.
and MJ ALWAYS came to play at MSG(anyone remember when he broke out the OG 1s?
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
)

That is the best REGULAR season performance in MSG history.
Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't understand why you can't just let Kobe win at something
laugh.gif

you really don't think lbj could score 61pts by only focusing on "scoring?"

really?

5more layups...he gets 60 come on man

really?

You really don't think Kobe couldn't have gotten 80 points by playing 11 more minutes?

really?

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

Kobe is a 100% hall of famer.... Lebron isnt..
dont worry, when bron puts up 35/8/7 on wednesday, prettyplaya will be polishing off his seat next to magic and bird
laugh.gif

Of course Bron is going to the HoF.

This thread has gone too off-course.
Unfortunately, sometimes you can't have actual conversations about the game on here.

*Thread bookmarked as evidence after someone says to me that noone has EVER compared Kobe to MJ on NT, like it was constantly said to me after I pointed outthe difference between the two during the 08 finals*

As for defense, you've gotta be kidding. Lebron has tremendously improved his defensive game, but his man defense is still inconsistent, and those 90 steals and 58 blocks are misleading. He plays the passing lanes 95% of the time, and all his blocks are weak side or in transition. Gambling defensively like that puts Lebron's man in better position to score and Lebron may get 2 steals and 2 blocks per game, but he probably gives up 10+ pts when he isn't successful.

SMH @ this typical "LeBron is good BUT" hater. LeBron ranks 4th in the league in defensive rating and 2nd in defensive win shares.More points are scored on the Cavs defense when LeBron is on the bench than when he's playing. Show me ONE piece of evidence that LeBron hasn't had atremendous effect on Cavs defense this year, which currently ranks 1st in the league in fewest points allowed and 2nd in lowest FG% for the opponents. Yourargument is a typical hater argument against players with good defensive numbers - just say he "gambles" a lot. There is nothing that indicates thathe gives up 10+ points - show me the evidence of this or GTHO with such statements. MJ averaged 3.2 steals when he won DPOY in 87-88, I guess he shouldn'thave won it with all that gambling that led to 3.2 steals per game.

laugh.gif
at all the kobe haters not wanting to accept that kobe is still better than lebron

theyre two completely different players and people are still comparing them. lebron would get his points by fouls and drives to the basketball cuz he stillcant shoot well while kobe makes his shots by EVERYTHING. he has mastered every move

even lebron has said that kobes the best scorer in the league

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

really?

You really don't think Kobe couldn't have gotten 80 points by playing 11 more minutes?

really?

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom