Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

off topic, but in response to a bit of NikeDealer's post up top....

Could you imagine a NikeTalk Pack? A handful of shoes split between Nike, Retro and Jordan with the most respected NT members from each category chiming in on the different models, colorblocking and colorway. That would be a pack well done. Imagine a Kobe 8, Lebron X, AM90, AM98 and a jordan, for example.

RockDeep: Thanks for the informative posts.
No prob.. I hate when I see bad info spreading like wild fire (Word to Game of Thrones) and people start thinking thats how stuff works...

As for NTers assisting on colorblocking and such with an NT pack..  I really truly wish EVERY Sneaker dude.. whether a collector, aspiring designer, hypebeast or dude like me who actually wears every pair he gets and if he sells them the soles aint new and its to make room for more kicks could spend three months seeing how the sneaker build process is.

There would be a whole new respect for what designers deal with as well as constraints put on them and PLMs to give us what we want as well as giving everyone else out there what they want.

There would be FAR less nonsensical remarks on NT for sure.

Tell a dude he has one beuatiful woman to please and make sure she is happy all her life.. while he may find a challenge he'd think it to be an easy task.

Now tell that same dude he now has 1000 beautiful women to pleasure and keep happy for the rest of her life ....and while excited to try  and make it happen...

The pressure would surely get to you. For some of you younger dudes who dont realize it.  All women aint the same.. they all have different likes, tastes and needs to get them to their magical spot.

Imagine needing to do that for fickle sneaker folks like us?  I'd only trust dudes who were good at Photoshop and color design to put a beast pack out that all of NT could agree on.

Been done before but those customs are nice. Definitely not as boring or uninteresting colors like the three or four announced low X color ways.

Nike did a good job of making last year's Elite series look sleeker, "upgraded0", more "high-tech"

This year they look like kid's toys with all these loud color combos

Last edited:
What's been going on with all of these Lebron customs :rolleyes It feels like we're back in the past when people where doing those HORRIBLE Sponge Bob sqaure pants fake looking customs :smh:

i agree ^ im soo tired of these stupid custom shoes! they are every where now.. even lebron wanted a pair lol

Was able to stop by Nike London on Saturday before I flew back to Chicago on Sunday. They had a ton of Lebron X sitting there. Saw pretty much most CW and many of the older ones were on sale. They had the BHM on sale for 90GBP, but didn't have enough room to take back with me and really need a size 12, but only had 11.5 They had a ton of the All Star CW on shelves. Here are some pics.

Yea the Uk is the cheapest place in the world to buy authentic BBall sneakers, often the prices are 10-20% LESS than other European countrys even from nike.com - they make excuses like currency/local taxes/shipping rates but we all know that's BS... I know cats from NY who travel to the UK for Jan sales and the money they make pays for the trip!

Last edited:
just seen this on my sub list. if this is true about the LBJ 11 I Think I'm out
mean.gif
Oh wassap KD line, your newest fan here... coming over from Lebron line, they weren't offering Vaseline with their purchases

He keeps trolling different threads saying that. I responded to him before about that nonsense.
what are you lying for? the only shoe thread i post in at all is this one. and u can read back on my measly post count urself...i havent trolled once. i have a life, dont need to get my kicks (no pun intended) online. and alot of people are agreeing that their size is their size across the board.

HOWEVER! whoever said the thing about high sizes being consistent raised a very interesting possibility. And the notion of not having a size 12.5 as well. both options i never considered. i wonder if its true.

THe $200 price point is about what I expected but gimme quality for that price.

Im sick of shoes ripping,air bags popping and Lunarlon bottoming out

Last edited:
3 POINTS TO SAY IN THIS POST:

1. THEY SHOULD REALLY DO A RED CARPET LEBRON 10 ELITE. I THINK THE COLORBLOCKING WOULD WORK ON THIS MODEL.

2. I HAVE LONG WONDERED WHY NIKE HASN'T DONE A NIKETALK COLLAB SHOE. THE AMOUNT OF MOOCHING AND LURKING OF RESEARCH THEY HAVE DONE HERE WOULD WARRANT SOME TYPE OF COLLAB AS A THANK YOU. LET MAJOR FORUM MEMBERS WORK ON THE DESIGN ALA LIKE WHAT KANYE DID WITH THE YEEZY'S AS WELL A CONTEST/POLL TO DETERMINE THE SHOE THAT WOULD RELEASE WOULD BE FIRE. HYPE WOULD BE AT ALL TIME HIGH.

3. I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHO NIKE IS EVEN MARKETING LEBRONS TO. THEY KEEP RAISING PRICES EVERY YEAR. IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO PRICE OUT THE AVERAGE CONSUMER WHO ISN'T GOING TO PAY CRAZY PRICES FOR A BBALL SNEAKER WHICH LEAVES THE SNEAKERHEADS. EVENTUALLY, THEY ARE GOING TO PRICE US OUT AS WELL. WHO IS GOING TO BE LEFT TO PURCHASE? AT THIS RATE, IN ORDER TO SELL A MODEL OUT, EVERY SINGLE COLORWAY WILL HAVE TO BE SOUTH BEACH 8 STATUS. ANYTHING LESS WILL SIT UNTIL JESUS RETURNS.

Just saw a tweet Gentry Humphrey sent out when someone asked if there would be a Lebron X SB/Miami Vice colorway and he also asked if it would be an EXT version. Gentry responded by just saying "no ext version" but didn't deny the colorway. Thought that was interesting but not surprising.

Just saw a tweet Gentry Humphrey sent out when someone asked if there would be a Lebron X SB/Miami Vice colorway and he also asked if it would be an EXT version. Gentry responded by just saying "no ext version" but didn't deny the colorway. Thought that was interesting but not surprising.
Please Lord Jesus Christ if they release another SB or Miami vice cw for a lebron I think we've had enough and besides people can just iD their own pair and it would be cheaper then getting the elites

2. I HAVE LONG WONDERED WHY NIKE HASN'T DONE A NIKETALK COLLAB SHOE. THE AMOUNT OF MOOCHING AND LURKING OF RESEARCH THEY HAVE DONE HERE WOULD WARRANT SOME TYPE OF COLLAB AS A THANK YOU. LET MAJOR FORUM MEMBERS WORK ON THE DESIGN ALA LIKE WHAT KANYE DID WITH THE YEEZY'S AS WELL A CONTEST/POLL TO DETERMINE THE SHOE THAT WOULD RELEASE WOULD BE FIRE. HYPE WOULD BE AT ALL TIME HIGH.

We don't kiss NIkes *** enough to get any sort of collab.

They only do that with the real product moving brown nosers.

Last edited:
If they announce that Teal and Pink are no longer iD options all a sudden, you'll know a South Beach colorway is coming.

Well when Nike is releasing $200 shoes and seeing them sell out why not. It's really up to us. what is our breaking point as consumers. As a comparison AJ V released in 1990 for $110. That would be around 193.00 in today's prices maybe a little higher. I mean Nike technically has done this before and won.

Source
http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

Yep

I'm beginning to think Nike doesn't necessarily want their shoes to sell out instantly. Because if they do, it means they aren't pushing the envelope enough price wise. I think Nike's ideal model is for signatures to sell at classic Jordan rates....where they sell briskly and eventually go on sale months later.

Any price on the elites and the elite lows? Pretty sure the elites are going to be 240+ but I'm wonxering how they are going to price the elite lows!

Any price on the elites and the elite lows? Pretty sure the elites are going to be 240+ but I'm wonxering how they are going to price the elite lows!

260 for regular elite
280 for elite+
There is no low elite. The crimsons are mids

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom