Official Madden NFL 12 Thread

Just picked this up, but how do you update the rosters?

For example, I still have Andy Lee and Takeo Spikes on the 49ers, but no Carlos Rogers.

For example, I still have Andy Lee and Takeo Spikes on the 49ers, but no Carlos Rogers.

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Madden online, and you continue and it will show along with community and what not rosters, download the latest and when it asks to save the previous choose no, so the new one that you download loads automatically.

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Madden online, and you continue and it will show along with community and what not rosters, download the latest and when it asks to save the previous choose no, so the new one that you download loads automatically.

So the other day I'm playing online, his returner caught the kickoff in the endzone, ran out and my players had him at the 3 yard line and 2 missed the tackle and he returned it 94 yards. Then later in the game he runs a RB toss and 3 guys have him in the backfield, breaks every tackle and runs for a TD. Damn man, it's one thing to have big plays but EA needs to at least tone down the ridiculousness.

So the other day I'm playing online, his returner caught the kickoff in the endzone, ran out and my players had him at the 3 yard line and 2 missed the tackle and he returned it 94 yards. Then later in the game he runs a RB toss and 3 guys have him in the backfield, breaks every tackle and runs for a TD. Damn man, it's one thing to have big plays but EA needs to at least tone down the ridiculousness.

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

Thats what happens on sunday

rvhic3.jpg

24bnl3t.jpg

Sure about that? 

92161_Pick_Six_Explosive_Players_Football.jpg

s-JIM-SCHWARTZ-CALVIN-JOHNSON-CATCH-large.jpg

CalvinJohnsonCatch.jpg

yea i am

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Raiders are
devil.gif
in this game. Defense is too fast and their speed on offense is
eek.gif

in my superstar mode im the qb on the raiders i look like peyton out there 3 and 4 wide all day no huddle-o drive straight down the field. Somehow ochocinco got on the team he is my 4th wr lol lbs on 85 going across the field smh

Raiders are
devil.gif
in this game. Defense is too fast and their speed on offense is
eek.gif

in my superstar mode im the qb on the raiders i look like peyton out there 3 and 4 wide all day no huddle-o drive straight down the field. Somehow ochocinco got on the team he is my 4th wr lol lbs on 85 going across the field smh

Here's what they MUST get right for me to buy Madden 13

-Receivers must actually fight for jump balls: Why is it that only the DB gets in position for a long ball? Why is it that there is never pass interference called, EVER? EA Sports is disgusting

-Touch passes: No such thing in this game. Tap the button and the QB throws a punt

-Accuracy: My QB should not be throwing a ball 10 yards away from the receiver, unless his name is Tim Tebow

-INT's: Way too many ridiculous INT's in this game. Sometimes the DB is not even looking and he makes an unnatural move to pick off a pass. Also, receivers don't fight for balls enough.

-Kickoff returns: C'mon, there's hardly any blocking on these, dudes will literally run up to a person and admire their aesthetics

-Receivers must actually fight for jump balls: Why is it that only the DB gets in position for a long ball? Why is it that there is never pass interference called, EVER? EA Sports is disgusting

-Touch passes: No such thing in this game. Tap the button and the QB throws a punt

-Accuracy: My QB should not be throwing a ball 10 yards away from the receiver, unless his name is Tim Tebow

-INT's: Way too many ridiculous INT's in this game. Sometimes the DB is not even looking and he makes an unnatural move to pick off a pass. Also, receivers don't fight for balls enough.

-Kickoff returns: C'mon, there's hardly any blocking on these, dudes will literally run up to a person and admire their aesthetics

^
laugh.gif
I have to run, stop, hesitate, and wait for my blockers to eventually do their jobs on kick returns
30t6p3b.gif

-Ray Rice is
eek.gif
eek.gif
in this game. Carved up Green Bay's defense for 270 with him.
-Tyrod Taylor > Joe Sacko on this game (maybe in real life too). You HAVE to go shotgun with JF because he takes his sweet %!% time dropping back to pass
sick.gif

-Ravens defense..... WHOA. I'm averaging 6 INT a game since I started using them a few games ago.
-Dudes try so hard to cheese in ranked matches. 4 WR set, drop back, scramble, and throw a hail mary to Johnnie Knox/JerMichael Finley/Desean Jackson. Ed Reed sits in center field, and picks them off like clockwork. Dude tried that on me last night and I ate his food for 68 points, 7 INT
roll.gif

^
laugh.gif
I have to run, stop, hesitate, and wait for my blockers to eventually do their jobs on kick returns
30t6p3b.gif

-Ray Rice is
eek.gif
eek.gif
in this game. Carved up Green Bay's defense for 270 with him.
-Tyrod Taylor > Joe Sacko on this game (maybe in real life too). You HAVE to go shotgun with JF because he takes his sweet %!% time dropping back to pass
sick.gif

-Ravens defense..... WHOA. I'm averaging 6 INT a game since I started using them a few games ago.
-Dudes try so hard to cheese in ranked matches. 4 WR set, drop back, scramble, and throw a hail mary to Johnnie Knox/JerMichael Finley/Desean Jackson. Ed Reed sits in center field, and picks them off like clockwork. Dude tried that on me last night and I ate his food for 68 points, 7 INT
roll.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

because you can alter the depth chart...duh
He was out for the season before the season even started. He shouldn't be able to be used. 
EA Sports couldn't get out of their own way, let alone make logical choices. Why am I playing against a dude using Moeaki, Eric Berry, and Jamaal Charles in KC? EA is run by incompetent bums.
Co-sign, further more how is JC a 95? Dude has a torn ACL (MCL?) whatever, dude shouldn't be any higher than an 80 if he is playable. We don't know how he'll perform until he's back, for all we know the Jamaal Charles of last year could be gone forever (God forbid, I hope he makes a full recovery, I'm just sayin). 
Plus they got Clinton Portis at 28 years of age in the FA pool. Really? 28? Yeah, 2 years ago. Why is Terrell Owens in the FA pool? David Garrard? Tauscher? All these dudes O'Hara? 

Dudes is cooked in reality yet they sit in the FA pool in Madden but that's whatever...The ratings in this game are unreal. Rivers is still a 92 I believe (really? dude is GARBAGE), Hillis is like an 88 (really? REALLY? Dude should be like a 68) 
laugh.gif
. Roddy? overrated I mean just so many inaccurate ratings. Terrible, I'm not buying Madden next year. EA sports just quit caring. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

because you can alter the depth chart...duh
He was out for the season before the season even started. He shouldn't be able to be used. 
EA Sports couldn't get out of their own way, let alone make logical choices. Why am I playing against a dude using Moeaki, Eric Berry, and Jamaal Charles in KC? EA is run by incompetent bums.
Co-sign, further more how is JC a 95? Dude has a torn ACL (MCL?) whatever, dude shouldn't be any higher than an 80 if he is playable. We don't know how he'll perform until he's back, for all we know the Jamaal Charles of last year could be gone forever (God forbid, I hope he makes a full recovery, I'm just sayin). 
Plus they got Clinton Portis at 28 years of age in the FA pool. Really? 28? Yeah, 2 years ago. Why is Terrell Owens in the FA pool? David Garrard? Tauscher? All these dudes O'Hara? 

Dudes is cooked in reality yet they sit in the FA pool in Madden but that's whatever...The ratings in this game are unreal. Rivers is still a 92 I believe (really? dude is GARBAGE), Hillis is like an 88 (really? REALLY? Dude should be like a 68) 
laugh.gif
. Roddy? overrated I mean just so many inaccurate ratings. Terrible, I'm not buying Madden next year. EA sports just quit caring. 

I think it would be cool if the QB's had a little meter bar to put touch on passes. Like the longer you hold the button down the lower the projectory and faster the pass velocity is. If you tap it goes higher but with less velocity. This could be really useful on the seam routes down the middle if you need to get the ball over the LB but under the DB. Or over both. In this game seam routes are impossible without putting touch on the ball. There will be a window but the safety can jump the route with ease EVERYTIME.

I think it would be cool if the QB's had a little meter bar to put touch on passes. Like the longer you hold the button down the lower the projectory and faster the pass velocity is. If you tap it goes higher but with less velocity. This could be really useful on the seam routes down the middle if you need to get the ball over the LB but under the DB. Or over both. In this game seam routes are impossible without putting touch on the ball. There will be a window but the safety can jump the route with ease EVERYTIME.

Originally Posted by Jay02

I believe you can use the left stick while passing to let it float in the air a bit longer and/or lead the receiver. Holding the button down will just throw a bullet pass. Tapping and releasing will make it a touch pass.

Back
Top Bottom