Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by HankMoody

NHL players seem salty that LeBron's Wednesday morning IV session drew higher ratings than any game of the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals. The microscope on this guy is gargantuan. I don't see these kinds of tweets during football season. And guys are also writhing in pain on the ground.
seem salty because of ratings? u act like they havent been aware of something that has been prominent for decades...

Look at these stans.. look. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Difference is, Lebron sat out like the last minute. What's the point, if he was ok to go?
i'm assuming the "he" means schilling? it's fair to say that, but it assumes he was good to go. it assumes the red spot was paint and not blood. just like we're assuming lebron was exagerrating.

at the end of the day, like you said, a lot more interesting story lines to discuss, both with last night's game and the series. but there's a reason the entire country is talking about this. everyone's favorite four letter network has a headline claiming that lebron is probable to play in game 5. really? no %+!@ he's going to play. it was cramps. it looked odd. plain and simple. that's why it's being talked about. and this is a message board, people are going to talk about things they observe, especially if they find it odd or strange. his ever growing headband is a popular topic. why? it's petty in the grand scheme of things. yet count the references to it in this thread
laugh.gif

and to the freak athlete with the low post count...terrible logic.

This is the same guy whose used a fake elbow injury to basically excuse him disappearing in the playoffs a few years ago and sat out a week with a sprained finger on his non shooting hand before. He doesn't exactly exude toughness our has the highest pain threshold. He gas cramps but was definitely milking the hell out of it. Acting is the Miami Heat way tho.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

NHL players seem salty that LeBron's Wednesday morning IV session drew higher ratings than any game of the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals. The microscope on this guy is gargantuan. I don't see these kinds of tweets during football season. And guys are also writhing in pain on the ground.
seem salty because of ratings? u act like they havent been aware of something that has been prominent for decades...

Look at these stans.. look. 
laugh.gif

If you don't think other athletes are jealous of the attention paid to the stars of the NBA and other big names like NFL quarterbacks, I don't know what to tell you. I find it hilarious you didn't address the first part of my post.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by Al3xis

When a guy is playing at a level not seen in well over a decade - you really have to dig deep, I guess. 
LeBron is putting up those Wilt/2k12 #s + he guards all 5 positions + he's actually been clutch this year + he had a 45/15 game in Boston (on 19/26 shooting).
And we got dudes rooting for Durant who has a 7'4 wingspan and still gets out-rebounded by his own point guard 
sick.gif
 (and his own PG is the best rebounding PG in the league)...To make matters worse, the Heat don't even play a true center
indifferent.gif
...no excuses for Durant to have like 4 rebounds total over his last 2 games, no excuses at all....to make matters worse, he has never earned an All-Defensive vote in his life (he's the worst defensive starter on his own squad, you could never say that about MJ/Kobe/Westbrook
laugh.gif
) and he can't even guard LeBron without getting into foul trouble (don't cry about superstar calls, Durant was 3rd in the league in free throw attempts). 

I get that Durant is an otherworldly scorer, one of the best to ever put the ball in the basket....but he needs to defer to Russ a bit and focus more on defense/rebounding. Look at Kobe's early career when he had 16 rebounds against the Kings, Game 7 of the Finals in 2010 when he grabbed 15 rebounds when his shot wasn't falling, or shutting down AI in the Finals... The issue obviously isn't Durant's lack of height or athleticism...I think it's just a lack of effort/intensity. Imagine Durant w/ Westbrook's intensity 
laugh.gif

Since most of you guys will ignore my post anyway I'll just ask this much:

Is it too much to expect Durant to expand his game the way Russ has over the past few years? Russ has cut down on his turnovers, increased his clutch play, and has added a deadly mid-range jumper. Why can't we expect Durant to make similar strides in rebounding, defense, strength (so Battier can't deny ball so easily), etc. 
Durant is 23 years old and I've heard he is working very hard to have a better defense. 
He is a dedicated worker and wants to be a great defensive player. 

Let him some time, he will get it done. 

I don't know of it was fair for the NHLers to criticize the cramps but definitely fair to mock the amount of flopping they do. Amazing how the 'best athletes in the world' fall so easily yet the hockey players get blasted by frozen pucks on skates and manage to stay up. The exaggeration and antics on the court by NBA players drives me nuts, it's pathetic. Even worse is they do it because refs still fall for it.

I believe he had a cramp, absolutely, but if you don't think these dudes are drama queens then I don't know what to say. I bet you all really thought the "contact" and subsequent landing from Ibaka's block on Wade was so severe that he could barely move, inches from being paralyzed, right after the play yet magically he is back in the game 40 seconds later after the break. Funny thing is, if Miami would have come up with the steal, he would have popped up even quicker, called for the outlet, and done a windmill dunk, then winced in unbearable pain again after. It's his MO, it's not like he has just done it once or twice or we're reaching. Kobe is guilty too, but we're not talking about him.

If you don't think other athletes are jealous of the attention paid to the stars of the NBA and other big names like NFL quarterbacks, I don't know what to tell you. I find it hilarious you didn't address the first part of my post.
But ur saying thats the case with everyone calling him out though.. If u are not getting love and getting called out for over dramatization by his peers in the sports world and doctors and what not...
NHLers are MOCKING him by being carried off the court by Juan Howard and James Jones ... while these dudes get high sticks to the face and refuse to leave the bench and get sticthed up to make sure they dont miss their next shift and u have this guy do this

61812_James.jpg

because of leg cramps? And stans like yourself praise and defend his vlient effort... Ok... and not to mention this guy flops like crazy...

And theyre all saying this because theyre salty of ratings..? 
roll.gif

Why aren't they calling out football players in September? These guys are actually more dramatic. Writhing on the ground. Multiple trainers assisting them without the players moving. Coming back to play. Where are they? Again, the microscope is gargantuan.

It's just petty, considering how much else there is to talk about.

Thank you. We got the last 3 pages of this thread discussing how much pain LeBron's cramps were truly causing. Are we doing this to ignore that he's 48 minutes away from his first championship? Hell, with the way he's been carrying Miami, I would've thought his legs would've given out a long time ago. Maybe he played it up, but so what. We watch the games for entertainment. You got that. If he didn't play up injuries, we would have NOTHING to talk about from last night, right?

I'm pretty sure hockey players make fun of the lack of toughness for all sports. But again NBA players just seem so over dramatic about things, especially when they are some of the best athletes in the world. Maybe we can revisit in the fall and view the tweets

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

#2- Yep, cramps come and go; got it. And the effects of his cramping came when the cameras were up, then went when it was time to play or the game was over. What a convenient, polite episode of cramping he caught. So considerate.
laugh.gif

Sounds like you're saying that Bron KNEW when he was being aired live. I guarantee that ABC had a cam on him every single second from the moment he went down. And in the shots where they had to actually air the game (but still had a camera on him), do you know what LBJ was doing or how he was acting? Cuz your wording seems to imply that Bron acted hurt only when he knew "the cameras were up". In other words, do you know for sure if he started limping again in the locker room when the broadcast went off the air?

This definitely ain't the ska I know/remember. Instead, it's like a freak combo of CP/ska/zodogg.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

#2- Yep, cramps come and go; got it. And the effects of his cramping came when the cameras were up, then went when it was time to play or the game was over. What a convenient, polite episode of cramping he caught. So considerate.
laugh.gif

Sounds like you're saying that Bron KNEW when he was being aired live. I guarantee that ABC had a cam on him every single second from the moment he went down. And in the shots where they had to actually air the game (but still had a camera on him), do you know what LBJ was doing or how he was acting? Cuz your wording seems to imply that Bron acted hurt only when he knew "the cameras were up". In other words, do you know for sure if he started limping again in the locker room when the broadcast went off the air?

This definitely ain't the ska I know/remember. Instead, it's like a freak combo of CP/ska/zodogg.
Basically..
Like I've been saying, the hate for LeBron caused Laker fans living in LA to cheer for the Celtics...if that doesn't explain how deep the hate is, I don't know what will.

how dare they fuel the king with gatorade, you should know he is sponsored by powerade

Why aren't they calling out football players in September? These guys are actually more dramatic. Writhing on the ground. Multiple trainers assisting them without the players moving. Coming back to play. Where are they? Again, the microscope is gargantuan.
Maybe because during that same time theyre getting their Preseason/season underway also...?
And yes it is. He put it on himself...

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by DubA169

We will remember many things about this series.

Lebron finally getting a clue and driving in on damn near every play.
The role players showing out. Especially with the threes
Harden with the massive disappearing act. Brooks sitting Westbrook for the long stretch in game 3.
Durant not being able to get open. Hit the gym boi.
Wade became the easiest player in the NBA to root against.

And yes... The refs playing their hearts out.

Yesterday's third quarter was an abomination. And I bet in the next few years the tide shifts and Durant "deserves" one and okc gets disturbing calls. This is stern's NBA. Entertainment.
My dude, 'sport' is hitting the court and playing a game of pick-up with your boys or some others. The minute you get money involved, and in this case a lot of it - it becomes entertainment. I feel what you're saying about the NBA but it's been this way for years and years. As you get older you really don't give a damn about it.

Yeah but now I see kids calling foul every single play and flopping around in pick up games. It bleeds over.

Originally Posted by PugLife

i'm glad i retired from arguing on niketalk a while ago. you're not going to change anyone's opinion. no matter what he does or how well he plays, people are still going to find something...anything...to rag on lebron about. does he really care about everything people say? probably a bit...

but when it's all said and done, he's going to get his ring this year and celebrate all summer while all you people that are rooting for him to fail get to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that you've had before you woke up today with the same personal problems you've had and he'll continue living his life doing the things he wants to do, etc.

pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
PRETTY MUCH.

NOT TO MENTION HE HAS MONEY ALL DAMN DAY TO DO IT WITH WOMEN TO BOOT.

WE CONTINUE TO ARGUE ABOUT THINGS HE'S ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT.
pimp.gif

Hmm...

http://news.rotowire.com/...r-googid197336-spnhl.htm

NHL players must have mocked him mercilessly. He didn't even try to return. I can't seem to find the tweets though.
Son picks a GOALIE that plays on the CANUCKS! Probably the leagues softest team and a position that is the most demanding on leg muscles and flexibility 
roll.gif

And a team that has the luxury of 2 #1 goaltenders... ... Go on..

"Jordan was certainly known for his scoring prowess, but he never scored at least 25 points in 14 straight games in a single postseason. LeBron has done that twice, in 2009 and his current streak. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, nobody else in NBA playoff history has done that even once. "

Excuses, excuses. Where was the outrage? Leg cramps affected an NHL player during a playoff game!? He left a playoff game in the 3rd period and never came back? How could this Spartan warrior be so weak?

Back
Top Bottom