Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Durant-Kate.gif

Mr S J King wrote:
I'm watching the "Flu Game" and just happen to realize how stacked the Bulls were. 
Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, and Ron Harper in his starting five. Nobody seemed to mind that. 
LeBron goes to Miami to team up with a 6'3" shooting guard and a soft 6'10" forward witth no post game, and he is hated for stacking the deck. 
Nobody back then complained about Jordan getting Rodman and Harper to come play with him & Pippen
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they had arguably the best coach in the game. 
All everybody does now is talk about how LeBron sold out and went to play with other stars. 

Its amazing to see the difference in mindsets in just a 15yr span. All these cry babies today is pathetic. 
Karl Malone didn't complain about having to face Jordan and that All Star team. 
Malone had Stockton, Hornacek, Ostertagg, and Russell to battle Jordan and the All Stars. 
LeBron brings his squad to the arena and people today act like he has Magic, Dr. J, Bird, Pistol Pete, Jerry West, and Olajuwon coming off the bench. 
I hope with a passion the Heat win this series and King James gets his first rings. 
And this is coming from a Mavericks fan who hated the Heat for crushing our title run in '06.
knightngale : Jordan never left his team and franchise even when he was losing. 
grin.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yeah and after 6 years the Cavs hadnt brought anybody in to help the dude out.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He was basically playing with the same team he had in high school in the NBA.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Celtics load up their team and the Cavs didnt do anything to counter.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Essential1

????

Are you saying building a team around a player = Joining a team built around another player, after the attempt to build a team around you fails..

Scottie Pippen joined the team before he even played a game. Rodman was traded for Will Perdue..  And Ron Harper was signed after which his minutes were cut 40-50%, and his production was 1/3 of what it was when he played with the Cavs & Clippers. Also Harper joined the team after Jordan left the first time.

Kukoc drafted, Longley traded to the Bulls,

Dennis Rodman was traded for Will Perdue for christ sake.. That's how little people thought of him even with his monstrous rebounding numbers. He scored 5 points a game in 35minutes with 15 rebounds per game.. He was also 34 when he joined the Bulls..  When Steve Kerr joined the Bulls he was at best a journeyman in the NBA. Luc Longley was atrocious.

Now let's look at the Jazz.
Stockton drafted 84, Malone drafted 85,  Hornacek traded in 94. Byron Russell drafted.. Ostertag drafted.

This is building a team around players.. Not joining a team built around someone else...

If Wade joined LeBron in Cleveland, would people say a word?  NOPE.  

You are missing the fundamental difference in them between those Bulls & Jazz teams and the Heat.

Naw bro Im not missing the fundamental difference. I know exactly the point I was making.

The Chicago Bulls organization was saavy enough to build around Jordan. 

The Cleveland Cavs didnt do anything to build around LeBron the 7yrs he was there.

So all the hate is just people doing what they do best, HATE ON PEOPLE BETTER THAN THEM.

How many years of his dream was he supposed to waste waiting on someone else to make it happen for him?

In other words, how many years was he supposed to stay in Cleveland waiting on the organization to build a championship team?

When Boston got the big three, the Cavs should have gotten LeBron some help.

They didnt get him any help, so he wisely went to where the help was. 

How many people you know anxious to move to Cleveland, Ohio? ZERO!

I dont even think Bone Thugs&Harmony live there anymore.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

How many years of his dream was he supposed to waste waiting on someone else to make it happen for him?

In other words, how many years was he supposed to stay in Cleveland waiting on the organization to build a championship team?

Exactly! If the organization isn't doing anything productive to help LeBron, why should he keep waiting?

He took initiative and control of the situation like he should have. The only thing I disagree with is him having the 1-hour special. 

I'm still a fan of LeBron and have been ever since he exploded at the Palace in game 5 of the ECF in '07 
eek.gif

sick.gif

So whose at fault if MIA don't win the Championship this year?... I know there are a lot of LeBron haters hear, but he hasn't done anything but play his heart our. It's looking more and more like Mr. Eric Spoltra

love how screamin a and troll bayless tried to get durants mom to throw russy under the bus. i love how she kept it respectful. just like a moms. i can see her when its just her and kd tho...Tell that lil big head boy to pass you the damb ball! stop being so soft all the damb time. I dont know where you get that soft *@%$. Gotta be from yo daddy, def aint me! lol

I think the Heat take Game 2. They didn't play bad Game 1, the offense just got stagnant in the second half, leading to much more transition buckets/free throws.

Play LeBron on KD more and post Bron/Bosh/Wade way more.

Get Anthony/Cole/Jones some minutes and eliminate as many transition buckets from OKC.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

How the non rotation players entertain themselves during the game
Its so crazy how far Cole has come (Pause.)
seeing him dominate in HS and all that to now being in the NBA (who gets no tick though
laugh.gif
) but has a chance to get a ring w/ KD and all of them ...

Jefferson represent! 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 One of the few ppl i can say "Hey i went to school and had PE with that guy"

So all the hate is just people doing what they do best, HATE ON PEOPLE BETTER THAN THEM.

Taking your sports a little too seriously now are we?

Better than everyone at what?  Basketball?  That's a given..  But does it matter if it is Lebron? Steve Blake is better at basketball than everyone in this thread as well, so it doesn't matter who we are discussing about basketball..

Or do you mean better as a person? That's subjective...   Better at life? Subjective again..

Criticism & "Hate" are something a lot of you don't get..  You can hate someone's game.. But hating the person is something most people don't dive into..  I root against Lebron.. But if he won, unfortunately for everyone in the world, my life goes on. I wake up and go back to my regular life to quote Lebron
wink.gif
.. Sports are entertainment, my life isn't run by sport.. Some of you take basketball too damn serious. Like you're his mother, or you are actually playing the damn game, or work for the team..  And yes it does go both ways, before you say I'm ignoring the juxtaposition

You can't criticize someone's game without it being hate? Does he read Niketalk? Do you actually think he gives a flying damn about what is said on this message board? Who cares for what the reason is people criticize his game, because people have their reasons for enjoying his game...  Can't it be analyzed without people making it out as if someone is threatening his livelihood... And treat it for what it is?  Someone watching a SPORT..

I'm sure you've never said someone's music sucked, or some comedian wasn't funny, or never said any player of any sport was overrated.

I'm going to give you this advice: Lighten up.  It is only sports.. Not the safety of the human race.

Mr S J King wrote:
I'm watching the "Flu Game" and just happen to realize how stacked the Bulls were. 
Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, and Ron Harper in his starting five. Nobody seemed to mind that. 
LeBron goes to Miami to team up with a 6'3" shooting guard and a soft 6'10" forward witth no post game, and he is hated for stacking the deck. 
Nobody back then complained about Jordan getting Rodman and Harper to come play with him & Pippen
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they had arguably the best coach in the game. 
All everybody does now is talk about how LeBron sold out and went to play with other stars. 

Its amazing to see the difference in mindsets in just a 15yr span. All these cry babies today is pathetic. 
Karl Malone didn't complain about having to face Jordan and that All Star team. 
Malone had Stockton, Hornacek, Ostertagg, and Russell to battle Jordan and the All Stars. 
LeBron brings his squad to the arena and people today act like he has Magic, Dr. J, Bird, Pistol Pete, Jerry West, and Olajuwon coming off the bench. 
I hope with a passion the Heat win this series and King James gets his first rings. 
And this is coming from a Mavericks fan who hated the Heat for crushing our title run in '06.
knightngale : Jordan never left his team and franchise even when he was losing. 
grin.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yeah and after 6 years the Cavs hadnt brought anybody in to help the dude out.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He was basically playing with the same team he had in high school in the NBA.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Celtics load up their team and the Cavs didnt do anything to counter.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Lebron's HS team would not make it to the NBA finals. Dude had a very good team in Cleveland. Your stanning is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom