Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Oneness setting an example that people will be expecting 50/60% . I'm presently for it because I see as a justification to upgrade my vanilla authentics. I guess take it with a grain of salt.

I also hope this is not a sign that Don's are plateauing. It sucks they retail for $400 but I also hope they don't end up losing too much value. Could you imagine your Hermes and LV bags being sent to outlets?

Illl always love them, but i feel like theyre hitting a point where theyre not going to sell at $400 anymore. Now that they can be had sub $200, thats what people will hold out for. I just need someone to list their 97 Bulls home pair and I can be done with them

actually may not be a good paradigm. established goods like Hermes, LV, etc. have actually increased in value. I'm not too sure about the basis, perhaps the good old argument of supply/demand. If I also have to guess, sentimental value could play a role. There are reasons why these brands don't go to outlets because they could hurt the brand (company policy to destroy the bag instead). Not trying to incite any arguments just putting things in perspective.

Im all for a used basketball shorts/ second hand market

*SARCASM*

I'm looking for some juncos :nerd: 🤡

1638973503257.png

Ain't no fun when it rained. Them pants act like a sponge

You really got me to do some research to see if that brand still existed! 😆

I assumed it died out in the '90s because that's when I last saw kids wearing it. I swear I only saw suburban White kids wearing it. I don't recall seeing Brothers wearing it though.

But I can't believe it existed until the last decade when they went out of business. Then they relaunched in 2019.

Speaking of JNCO, would this dude persuade you to wear that 💩 in this day and age?
JNCO.jpg

Agreed. Dope is dope, regardless of the price paid. Enjoy the garments and when they lose value who cares. At least you rocked/enjoyed em.

I agree with this because nobody should ever care about value of a garment if they truly want to wear it.

The only people who seriously care about the value of garments are a%$ clown resellers who are desperate to make $10 or $20 after a sale for an item that's saturated on the secondary market with other resellers trying to sell the same thing. They clearly lack the intelligence to understand the logic of supply and demand.

If they were able to sell those for $160 it makes me wonder what the cost is on the wholesale side. Either Oneness takes a fat L on these sales or Don C wants retail to be super high so everyone eats.

Pardon my ignorance in how I phrased that, I am not a business major.

SMH… don C probably lurkin around this thread and Got his feelings Hurt when Cats be sayin what do you think Just Don is Level of Hermes and Vuitton???? And probably called Oneness… you making my name cheap 😡
I am waiting for that article or social media post about his tipping habits. 😁

If they were able to sell those for $160 it makes me wonder what the cost is on the wholesale side. Either Oneness takes a fat L on these sales or Don C wants retail to be super high so everyone eats.

Polyester shorts probably cost $10 to make, they're all coming out way ahead even @ $160, :lol:

At 60% off, oneness almost certainly sold at a loss. But they probably make a good 40% on the pairs that sell at retail so it all probably evened out.

At 60% off, oneness almost certainly sold at a loss. But they probably make a good 40% on the pairs that sell at retail so it all probably evened out.

Regular authentics is @125$ already, even at the 60% off you literally paid extra 35$ for a team logo and pockets.

However, if you compare retail for authentic shorts @125 to Don's @400 - thats $275 of extra PREMIUM retail room that they can do whatever the F they want.

i know it looks cool but no way we can sit in a conference room and say we as consumers are the winners.

Just a matter if you are a 160$ "i got these on sale" sucka vs a "i paid 400$ retail" sucka

Regular authentics is @125$ already, even at the 60% off you literally paid extra 35$ for a team logo and pockets.

However, if you compare retail for authentic shorts @125 to Don's @400 - thats $275 of extra PREMIUM retail room that they can do whatever the F they want.

i know it looks cool but no way we can sit in a conference room and say we as consumers are the winners.

Just a matter if you are a 160$ "i got these on sale" sucka vs a "i paid 400$ retail" sucka

This assumes no value outside of the materials and cost of labor.

People express themselves through their clothes. If you like something, there’s additional value beyond the price of materials and cost of labor.

I buy pretty much all the M&N braves stuff because I’m a fan of the Braves and rock it to the games. The fact that it only costs xyz to make doesn’t really matter—to me at least. Of course, I still appreciate a good sale.

People express themselves through their clothes. If you like something, there’s additional value beyond the price of materials and cost of labor.

I buy pretty much all the M&N braves stuff because I’m a fan of the Braves and rock it to the games. The fact that it only costs xyz to make doesn’t really matter—to me at least. Of course, I still appreciate a good sale.

“JUST DON” over the posterior…. PRICELESS

You are right. I cannot measure quantify the "value beyond price of materials and cost of labor" as in the example you provided.

such as some people think swingmans are piss, while others are okay wit it.

I am speaking strictly from a retail price perspective - something retailers use to move products.

Makes you wonder the profit margin of these licensed goods, right? Fanatics did have $150 vapor limited jerseys for $18 because the player was no longer with the team. Also, $8-12 for some Adidas authentic MLS jerseys. Whatever the outcome is, it was a business decision, and I'm sure Fanatics came out on top.

Same with the $100 authentics years ago with M&N.
M&n selling their own product so they can drop the price lower than everyone else. Everything is profit after their cost unlike when a retailer buys wholesale for a set price unless their desperate and holding onto product too long to where it’s costing them money by taking up space where they could have. Better selling product in stock sometimes need to take a slight loss

but usually wholesale is usually give or take around half the msrp or less but with some items they need gone like with the example of the vapor elites it’s then moving the product out because it’s sitting there costing them money taking up space I bet

That’s why I laugh sometimes when Nike, m&n wont do big sales when they sell their own product direct so they can have bigger sales than retailers since everything is profit anyways after their cost

Back
Top Bottom