Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir melo made it to the wcf in 09

When pierce made it to ecf the east was terrible

To say pierce is a better basketball player in terms of skill set is blasphemy

Paul Pierce never took the Celtics anywhere?

Dude took Boston to the postseason four straight years from 2002-2005 and went to the Eastern Conference Finals in his fourth year in the league. Not to mention the championship in '08 + Finals MVP.

Carmelo would be lucky to end up with a career like Pierce's.

P2 was in an ECF way before Kg and Ray were on the map, though. Carmelo has never brough his team that far. He's been around for a minute and i feel like his underachieving career gets a pass because he's cool and plays for rhe Knicks. He doesnt make the players around him better and if he's the focal point of your offense, you arent winning.

P2 > Melo whether its Career, one year, one series, one game, one shot.
this.

Uh oh :lol:

Melo may have a better "skill set"

But pierce is the better overall player.

P2 > Melo

Word...Melo is the most versatile scorer in NBA history. Jab step, jab step, iso, iso, iso.

Word...Melo is the most versatile scorer in NBA history. Jab step, jab step, iso, iso, iso.

People always talking about "skill set". Melo ain't worse than the best because of his skill set, he is because of his attitude and his basketball IQ.

I forgot the Nuggets got wiped out in 09. My mistake. Fact remains carmelo has won a ridiculously small amount of playoff games over his career for someone who's supposedly a superstar. He just doesnt show up when it matters most. Pierce does. Let me cite last year in the playoffs when Pierce splashed a 3 in Lebrons eye to win the game while Carmelo was a spectator on his couch.

And what was Paul Pierce before KG and Ray Allen arrived in 08? Thats what AI3XIs was referring to.

Funny how the most "underrated" player of the last decade was on a team that was a perennial loser until those other two arrived on the scene.

Considering the trash he played along with for most of his career, I wasn't expecting a dynasty. Wouldn't exactly call him a perennial loser though. That's a little harsh.

Hopefully Dallas finds a way to get into the playoffs & matchup against the Spurs
devil.gif
And what has Carmelos success been correlated to? Nevermind Carmelo's never had any success in the NBA
mean.gif

P2 may be the most underrated player of the last decade. Big shot after big shot and he gets no love on here or anywhere else .

Carmelo is a great player but im sorry he's not seeing Pierce in any way.

And what was Paul Pierce before KG and Ray Allen arrived in 08? Thats what AI3XIs was referring to.

Funny how the most "underrated" player of the last decade was on a team that was a perennial loser until those other two arrived on the scene.
Seriously. Under rated for what? Spending more than half his career getting empty buckets and losing?

I actually agree. Too bad he hasn't and never will live up to his potential. Doesn't have the drive Pierce has. They're built completely different.

Of course pierce had a better career so far but to say hes a better basketball player than melo is crazy

He just doesnt show up when it matters most. Pierce does

Now that is funny. 'Cause Paul's big game rep is being exaggerated greatly in recent years due to regular season 'big shots'. I was not trying to compliment Melo or orginally or discredit Paul in the first place..(I kind of like Pierce, honestly)..

if NT and other places did shine the light brighter on Paul Pierce in the biggest games he's played in - things wouldn't look so 'cold-blooded'.

He has the can-do-no-wrong in big spots things going for him since he's not the caliber of player anyone gives a damn about if things go wrong. His track record in the biggest games since 2008, blows.

Take a look at Paul Pierce's biggest games since 2008:

2009 Semi- Finals vs Bulls:
Game 6: up 3-2 and a chance to close: Ray Allen goes for 51. Paul? 5-13 before fouling out. Missed game winners in both 4th and 1st OT.
Game 7: 6-17, 0-4 in the 4th. Allen and Eddie House take them home.

2009 ECF:
Game 6: Up 3-2 and chance to close. 2 minutes left misses two FT's down 1. 6-14 for the game.
Game 7: Blown out. 4-13 shooting.

Onto 2010:
Finished off Orlando in the ECF in Game 6. Score one for the truth.

Finals:
Game 6: 6-14. Didn't score for the last 18 minutes
Game 7: 5-15, 1-5 in the 4th with two TO's.

2011:
Semi Finals:
Game 4: Chance to even the series. Misses game winner at end of 4th. Outplayed in last 6 minutes and OT by LeBron.
Game 5: 5-12, doesn't score in the 4th quarter. Series and season over.

2012:
Game 5: Does make the biggest shot of the series to go up 4 and win the game. 1st actual BIG shot in a BIG game in 4 years.
Game 6: LOL.
Game 7: 7-18. Only 4 2nd half points in a very winnable game.

Last edited:
Sleeves ? :lol: :smh:

Damn you Adidas and the NBA for allowing this... :smh:

I liked it until that :lol:

Last edited:
Now that is funny. 'Cause Paul's big game rep is being exaggerated greatly in recent years due to regular season 'big shots'. I was not trying to compliment Melo or orginally or discredit Paul in the first place..(I kind of like Pierce, honestly)..

if NT and other places did shine the light brighter on Paul Pierce in the biggest games he's played in - things wouldn't look so 'cold-blooded'.

He has the can-do-no-wrong in big spots things going for him since he's not the caliber of player anyone gives a damn about if things go wrong. His track record in the biggest games since 2008, blows.

Take a look at Paul Pierce's biggest games since 2008:

2009 Semi- Finals vs Bulls:
Game 6: up 3-2 and a chance to close: Ray Allen goes for 51. Paul? 5-13 before fouling out. Missed game winners in both 4th and 1st OT.
Game 7: 6-17, 0-4 in the 4th. Allen and Eddie House take them home.

2009 ECF:
Game 6: Up 3-2 and chance to close. 2 minutes left misses two FT's down 1. 6-14 for the game.
Game 7: Blown out. 4-13 shooting.

Onto 2010:
Finished off Orlando in the ECF in Game 6. Score one for the truth.

Finals:
Game 6: 6-14. Didn't score for the last 18 minutes
Game 7: 5-15, 1-5 in the 4th with two TO's.

2011:
Semi Finals:
Game 4: Chance to even the series. Misses game winner at end of 4th. Outplayed in last 6 minutes and OT by LeBron.
Game 5: 5-12, doesn't score in the 4th quarter. Series and season over.

2012:
Game 5: Does make the biggest shot of the series to go up 4 and win the game. 1st actual BIG shot in a BIG game in 4 years.
Game 6: LOL.
Game 7: 7-18. Only 4 2nd half points in a very winnable game.

LOL you have too much time on your hands. I dont need to look at any of these figures to know that Pierce steps up when it matters most. Ive seen it with my own two eyes. Also, notice how Pierce is taking big shots at big moments all the time? Carmelo doesnt have that opportunity because he doesnt have the ability to make it to big games in the first place.

I forgot the Nuggets got wiped out in 09. My mistake. Fact remains carmelo has won a ridiculously small amount of playoff games over his career for someone who's supposedly a superstar. He just doesnt show up when it matters most. Pierce does. Let me cite last year in the playoffs when Pierce splashed a 3 in Lebrons eye to win the game while Carmelo was a spectator on his couch.

Melo upped his game the last 4-5 years in the playoffs with better numbers than the regular season, so much for that.

Really going to go by playoff wins now as if one player can do it by himself? Only time Melo had a roster that could compete for anything was the season they made it to the WCF, and this season with the Knicks (yet to be determined). Pierce didn't win until Boston had a pile on team. Melo is not a leader like a KG is, but to say he is not a team player or not "smart" is idiotic.

...and I love the "what if" arguments from people acting like Melo would never win if he had Ray and KG.....really? People say anything to back up their empty arguments.

LOL you have too much time on your hands. I dont need to look at any of these figures to know that Pierce steps up when it matters most. Ive seen it with my own two eyes

Your two eyes are more "valuable" than stats hitting you in the face...but then again when was the last time you ever posted something that anyone took seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom