OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zhaire is a much better prospect than Brown was. He was almost three years older when he came into the league and couldn’t shoot for a large portion of his career. Zhaire’s shot is already muuuch better than his ever was.
He could end up being better for sure. Ballhandling and playmaking he's more Shannon Brown than Avery, but Avery really isn't that great at it either. He only had 40 attempts the entire season from 3, so it's kind of hard to say how good of a shooter he is right now. Think addict4sneakers addict4sneakers said that he played big man in HS too. He could definitely end up being a good role guy for y'all but he'll need some time.

He could end up being better for sure. Ballhandling and playmaking he's more Shannon Brown than Avery, but Avery really isn't that great at it either. He only had 40 attempts the entire season from 3, so it's kind of hard to say how good of a shooter he is right now. Think addict4sneakers addict4sneakers said that he played big man in HS too. He could definitely end up being a good role guy for y'all but he'll need some time.

I thought he was Shannon Brown from the jump. He’s got a lot of upside but for real he played the 4/5 in high school. And you can tell when he tries to put the ball on the ground that he just isn’t comfortable doing nor has he been doing his whole life.

I didn’t expect him to shoot well in summer league but I didn’t expect him not to rebound

Yeah he played a lot of center in high school, so his ball handling is still pretty raw.

Zhaire + 2021 unprotected 1st >>>>Bridges
58AF6F00-4478-4837-B17B-2ECE462FFA97.jpeg

I guess...

I'm curious, is there a precedent for guys making a significant improvement in ast/to from college? Haven't looked into it much but seems to mostly stay the same

Mikal is three years older than Zhaire and for somebody who was supposed to be the more pro ready player he hasn’t looked all that good.

Kinda sucks that 6ers traded for Heat's 2021 pick expecting it to be the first post 1andDone, and Silver and co. up and changes their minds

Is it confirmed for 2022 or just hearsay?

Kinda sucks that 6ers traded for Heat's 2021 pick expecting it to be the first post 1andDone, and Silver and co. up and changes their minds

Is it confirmed for 2022 or just hearsay?

Yeah that **** is stupid. I don’t think it’s confirmed yet though.

Think it will be a really overrated draft anyway, outside of a few elite kids(Which could be 1 or 2), the rest of the field will be the same

Kids coming out from high school wasn't a regular occurrence before 1and-done and I doubt it'ill be so much after

Think it will be a really overrated draft anyway, outside of a few elite kids(Which could be 1 or 2), the rest of the field will be the same

Kids coming out from high school wasn't a regular occurrence before 1and-done and I doubt it'ill be so much after
People want to cake early on, however, for the most part, if you arent a freak talent and go straight to the NBA chances are you going to fail.

I dont blame them though ....

Colleges be making money of them...

Someone on SL broadcast brought up the idea that hockey and other leagues have where a team can draft a prospect but that athlete can stay in school to continue to develop. Don't know how the details could be ironed out but more freedom and more options seem to always be a positive

The Suns and Bucks SL teams should be ****ing ashamed of themselves :lol: the Sixers team is soooo ****ing trash

Someone on SL broadcast brought up the idea that hockey and other leagues have where a team can draft a prospect but that athlete can stay in school to continue to develop. Don't know how the details could be ironed out but more freedom and more options seem to always be a positive
If we being honest , the ppl in power not really trying look out for black kids like that ...it’s a reason baseball does that for their prospects ...

A few quick thoughts rewatching guys’ possessions

Zhaire is definitely a project. Dribbling and shooting ain’t there.

Miles Bridges plays 150 mph. But his motor is real. Shot selection is awful.

Deanthony Melton played like a first round talent. He can’t really finish in traffic but he’s very good

Ayton looked kind of stiff. Hands were shaky. He was out there for the cardio.

Back
Top Bottom