Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I love the look of those, i would say 200 is fair (probably 250-275 is gonna be the asking price though)
Those navy 990's are righteous :nthat:

I love the look too, missed out before and got someone willing to do 225. Think I will jump.....

Those navy's are clean, but I like my grey 990's a little more lol

What's a good price on a pair of desert storms?
I passed on a pair on eBay for $160 a couple months ago. They were listed as worn once and looked DS from pictures. Someone promptly came in and scooped them up. Been kicking myself ever since. 
mean.gif

Anymore news about the Face Off 3s? I saw that they are on atmos' site but have we heard anything about stateside yet?
I ordered them up off SlamJam when someone else posted the pictures of the Mita x Oshman's yesterday.

http://shop.slamjam.com/index.php/firstfloor_en/basement/brands/new-balance/nb-smu-fashion-shoe.html

They didn't have a large size run though yesterday when I peeped, and looking at the page now, they're sold out.

Hopefully more retailers get them. SlamJam refunded the 30% VAT charge for non Europeans so i think they were around $175 shipped with the conversion.

Anymore news about the Face Off 3s? I saw that they are on atmos' site but have we heard anything about stateside yet?
And you can still order them directly from Atmos. They still have most sizes. I ordered through the rakauten link posted several pages ago and they just shipped out and are on their way...

I think they came out to $209 after shipping. (17690 yen)

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/atmos-tokyo/item/cm996-am/

I have a size 10 US DS I don't need as well that I got from slamjam. I ordered the wrong size thinking they were in UK on the site but they were US.

And you can still order them directly from Atmos. They still have most sizes. I ordered through the rakauten link posted several pages ago and they just shipped out and are on their way...

I think they came out to $209 after shipping. (17690 yen)

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/atmos-tokyo/item/cm996-am/

I have a size 10 US DS I don't need as well that I got from slamjam. I ordered the wrong size thinking they were in UK on the site but they were US.
saw them on ebay not too long ago for 150, free shipping.. if i liked them i would have bought them. but the hints of purple throw me off them. just not my taste for what i look for in NB

In Aruba for a week with the family. On our way to the house and I spot this... (girlfriend saw it and immediately said "I know where we're gunna be stopping" 
laugh.gif
 )

Went in there today to check it out. They only had a few classics. Couple 574's and 576's. Saw the "Year of the Dragon" 574 pack. 

They were on sale only $69 US so I had to grab them. Got the yellow ones. The netted tongue is a nice touch.
can you pick me up those grey 574's w/ gum soles..

I thought it would be cool if everybody did like a top 3/5 New Balance releases of this year.

Anybody interested?
1. SEAL 999's

[Number 1 because Concept is murderous with the 999 model]

2.  1300 NAVY/RED 

[Until you buy a pair youll never know what I am talking about and why they take my #2 spot.. The leather they use is super short, smoothed suede. It reminds me of the blue lobster SB's.. The colors are perfect, they contrast very well on the white midsole.]

3. 996 Greyscale

[Ive worn almost every new balance made.. Jesus Christ, can anything be more comfortable than the 996.. The colorway goes with everything]

4. 1300 Grapes

[NB made a nice touch with this. Subtle, clean, and simply stunning in person..]

5.  London Olympic (flimby) 576's

[Pigskin leather on the gumsole.. Another one youve got to see to truely believe.]

Runner  Ups: 577 Farmers Market, 574 Mojitos, Green 998's, White/Red 998's, stussy x Hectic 999's, Denim 1300's, 574 Gum Pack, tassie devils, 

Last edited:
I ordered them up off SlamJam when someone else posted the pictures of the Mita x Oshman's yesterday.
http://shop.slamjam.com/index.php/firstfloor_en/basement/brands/new-balance/nb-smu-fashion-shoe.html

They didn't have a large size run though yesterday when I peeped, and looking at the page now, they're sold out.

Hopefully more retailers get them. SlamJam refunded the 30% VAT charge for non Europeans so i think they were around $175 shipped with the conversion.

Sneakersnstuff is releasing them on Jan. 1.

http://www.sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/10622/new-balance-cm996

Thanks everyone for the info on the Face Off. I will just wait for a little while longer, no worries.

just grabbed some jcrew 1400 cranberry and electric blue, $84 each... free ship too. i know they arent as bright as stock photos but you cant beat the price. jcrew is having a sale so hurry

Atmos Faceoff 3

These came from slamjam surprisingly fast (2 days from italy to nyc via DHL)

Pretty psyched on the details. The heel sorta has a "griptape" like sheen to it, and the snakeskin toe is alright.

Not a huge fan of shiny-ish  / patent on shoes but it's not that shiny, it's more like a varnish..

IPhone pics in my kitchen..

Atmos Faceoff 3

Pretty psyched on the details. The heel sorta has a "griptape" like sheen to it, and the snakeskin toe is alright.
Not a huge fan of shiny-ish  / patent on shoes but it's not that shiny, it's more like a varnish..[/URL]

Isnt there a part that is glow in the dark? I thought I read that somewhere. True?

waiting for this custom option to pop up on NB.com 
pimp.gif

Atmos Faceoff 3

Not a huge fan of shiny-ish  / patent on shoes but it's not that shiny, it's more like a varnish..

IPhone pics in my kitchen..
sauce..cant wait for mine

theres supposed to be 3m, i think its the black under the "N"- what you called "grip-tape" like
from what i saw on japanese blogs, it's practically the whole shoe. even the scales on the toe box. i love me some 3m, but these are not for me.
for those of you that did buy them because you like them, you'll find a nice bonus feature to them. i dont think it's been mentioned, but im pretty sure the N has a UV feature to it like the solebox gel lytes... where it will turn purple in sunlight. i dont know how long it will last though. after a couple years, mine dont change color at all anymore. the dye is dead i guess.

Last edited:
yeah i mean there's varying degrees of how 3m looks. Some looks really grainy, some looks smooth.

Like on the burgundy 999s, the 3m hits have virtually no texture to them, while i kinda meant that the overall shoe does have a "graininess" to it..

It's a bit more textured than the 3m on those Jordan 5s that came out a while back, or most Black 3m hits on other NBs, and has a more "speckled" look...

Anyway i was amazed at how fast they came. No rainbow.

Back
Top Bottom