Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Grey pigeons are sick need to find me some! Picked up the 998ggo early recently will post up pics later today and a pair of 996 samples. 

i guess this touched a nerve with you then. i dont act like im some kind of OG or an "elite steez" nb dude

i try to give as much useful information to people on this thread on releases, sizing, or general info..some questions have obvious answers, everyone knows theres ebay and flightclub, so whats the point in asking if i can find ______ at retail when you can do an easy search and see that its more than likely not gonna happen.

my bad on sounding like a di** if thats was the case. 
Don't think I'm singling you out, btw.  This was just a recent instance of it, and I had nothing better to do this afternoon so I responded.  Nothing personal at all b/c yes, you do contribute a lot.  That's one of the great things about this thread, in that there IS a lot of member contribution and helping out.  But I've noticed that when new dudes pop up, people tend to withhold info.  All I was noting is that I find it funny that somewhat new dudes on the NB scene come sideways at new dudes on the NB scene at times in this thread.  Makes no sense when not long ago, YOU were that dude.  

My thing is that more often than not, when someone asks a question, they legit don't know the answer.  I've been here long enough to know when lurkers are fishing for info, but this wasn't the case.  You and I both know the Mojito drop is done and gone, so it isn't like dude was coming in here to glean info so he can snipe pairs from posters in this thread.  Sure, could he have looked around on eBay, Flight Club, etc.?  Yes.  But why not come to the thread devoted to New Balance to find info?  Isn't that why we're here in the first place?  And let's be honest--this thread now isn't much more than a pickup thread.  There isn't much talk about older models/releases outside of Pigeons, so this is the perfect place for info on a recent drop.  
@supertrife, I understand what you mean, but his only posts are him coming in, seeing if he anyone knows about his size and leaves, by super elite, I don't think my comment reflects that, but to each his own, personally I'm trying to create an environment where people help eachother which to an extent, I think that has been the case. There is also the idea that nt is immature and just people arguing behind keyboards which deters these ogs from coming back... I'm not here to bring back the renaissance to nt but there's a level of common sense when it comes to asking for a shoe for retail, while after it has dropped
The same as Stunnaman, I'm not trying to single you out.  And like him, you contribute a lot to this thread, too.  And I can say that I appreciate the work you do, especially the sizing poll.  But all it takes is a snide comment towards someone who is legit interested in some info, and you may have helped deter them from this useful thread.  As far as common sense goes, it may be common for us already active in this thread because we all know that the Mojitos are gone.  But what if dude happened to be browsing a sneaker blog and came across them?  What if he had no clue about where they released, when they released, etc.?  Why can't dude come in here and pose a question without a sideways, slick comment?  Like I said before, it isn't like he was attempting to get drop info at the zero hour before a release.  Those types of dudes can always kick rocks, and I have no problem saying that.  I hate dudes like that and they pop up everywhere now.  And those dudes will always get no love from me.  But that wasn't the case here, IMO.  Hell, dude even offered to scoop a size locally to try to trade with someone else who may be holding their wrong size.  
laugh.gif
  Seemed fairly genuine to me.  *shrugs*

well said, sir.

this is one of the more civilized thread on NT, let's keep it this way guys.

NikeTalk has changed so much since 1999 haha, i miss those days

Last edited:
Don't think I'm singling you out, btw.  This was just a recent instance of it, and I had nothing better to do this afternoon so I responded.  Nothing personal at all b/c yes, you do contribute a lot.  That's one of the great things about this thread, in that there IS a lot of member contribution and helping out.  But I've noticed that when new dudes pop up, people tend to withhold info.  All I was noting is that I find it funny that somewhat new dudes on the NB scene come sideways at new dudes on the NB scene at times in this thread.  Makes no sense when not long ago, YOU were that dude.  

My thing is that more often than not, when someone asks a question, they legit don't know the answer.  I've been here long enough to know when lurkers are fishing for info, but this wasn't the case.  You and I both know the Mojito drop is done and gone, so it isn't like dude was coming in here to glean info so he can snipe pairs from posters in this thread.  Sure, could he have looked around on eBay, Flight Club, etc.?  Yes.  But why not come to the thread devoted to New Balance to find info?  Isn't that why we're here in the first place?  And let's be honest--this thread now isn't much more than a pickup thread.  There isn't much talk about older models/releases outside of Pigeons, so this is the perfect place for info on a recent drop.  
na its all good, and i completely understand where youre coming from, i just decided to be a smart *** about it tho, no harm no foul. people in this thread should be helping each other out, and guiding each other for more info, releases, etc. and theres nothing wrong at all with a new collab getting you into the NB wave, or just being new to the brand in general, new / old cats just need help out and contribute in order for other people to look out back 

lets get back to those NBs peeps 
pimp.gif

As stunna would say back to those NB's .Seeing pics cheers me up. Never really bothered before, but how difficult is it doing justice to your kicks or is it just me?

does NB do a lot of holiday themed shoes? so far this year we had the YOTS. Last year had the YOTD. but does NB do other holidays like how nike does it?

Check my sig, I have a giant list of stores, don't rush to get the shoe, you will find your size, I agree with the orange laces, but the blue ones look good as well.. Yeah at the endof the day, if you look forward to wearing them, that's all that matters... I get excited when I wear all my nbs
As long as you like them GOOD. But my opinion...they are nice. I would go w/ orange laces. but i like more pop in my shoes. nice pick up
I'm not the biggest fan of the orange and blue, but i can rock it. It would be nice to sell it for extra cash towards nicer future NB. The story is I really ordered...

but received the orange and blue, called the company and got to keep the shoes with a refund.

Those are dope - kinda remind me of the Harvard "Home vs. Away" pack that Concepts did awhile back.  

I never have ordered ID's from NB, but it's amazing they come with the 5 day turnaround.  I had no idea the 574 customs were "Made in USA" too - for some reason I thought it would be more difficult to do each custom pair by hand, but thinking about it, it makes sense. Damn, now you've got me wanting a pair...
These are the first pair I have ordered.  Creating a dope pair isn't hard as long as you stay away from the flashy colors.  You have a choice of Suede or Full grain Leather (white or black).  The price is fair considering the quality and the fact that Nike charges the same for their AM1 ID's that are imported.  I will post detailed photos when I get them...  

does NB do a lot of holiday themed shoes? so far this year we had the YOTS. Last year had the YOTD. but does NB do other holidays like how nike does it?
not like nike or jb does for each holiday, birthday, etc. theyve had things like the mars that came out last year for christmas. though they really werent anything more than customs you could make from the sight. they basically do spring cw for spring and fall cw for fall with a few surpises in between.

If by "holidays" you mean fourth of July, easter, and thanksgiving then yes.  Last year they released a 574 USA pack for the 4th of July and more holiday inspired shoes are coming down the pipe.

Amazing pickup, DrociB! What a steal!

Stunna's post a couple of weeks ago about getting his 1300s repaired at the NB Store in NYC reminded me of some pictures I took the last time I was there (back in September). This is at the Experience Store, which is a really great space. They have a workshop in the store where they assemble "exclusive" colourways of the 574 (they could be recreated as customs). I think the employee in my pictures may be the same one who helped Stunna. She was nice enough to show me around and demonstrate the assembly process. It's basically just a matter of attaching the pre-made uppers and soles. Pretty unique to be able to watch sneakers being assembled minutes before having them on your feet.

I don't know if it's a great deal, I'd buy them if they were in my size but there's a 10.5 available for $91 shipped if anyone's interested:

I don't know if it's a great deal, I'd buy them if they were in my size but there's a 10.5 available for $91 shipped if anyone's interested:

Anyone know if these are true fit..? I am an 11 or 11.5 And wondering would I be able to wear a 10.5 comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom