Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

​
It alot more spacious than the Flyknit Racer. I think you would be gucci with the Tokyo Rat 247 homie.​
 ​
On a side note.. Look at these bad boys
smokin.gif
The Autumn Wind is a Raider. 
smokin.gif

Looking for some help with sizing, thinking of the pulling the trigger on the Yard Pack 1500's would be my first pair of NB. Usually, wear a US8.5 (Asics Gel Lyte V, Saucony Shadow 6000 / 5000) Cheers.
I personally go a half-size down to an 11.5 for the new 1500s from my "TTS" which is a 12. I've read across the board though that a lot of dudes find the newer 1500s with the new shape a bit more snug and that they fit TTS instead of .5 size down. I've got a friend who bought an 11.5 in the 1500YP (he also normally wears 11.5 across the board for NBs) and he ended up selling those and buying a size 12 instead.

All that said, you should be fine with a size 8.5 and if you want a snug fit, you could do an 8. 

No experience with 1300.  That does happen to me with 996.  Not ideal, but not a deal breaker. 
my 996 og does that too one tongue stays centered and the other slides all the way off to the side. i find myself wanting to wear those pairs less because then you can't see the label detail. i love tongue labels and embroidery

Damnnnn those are nice
yeah man its kind of a boring cw that went under the radar but those are always the most wearable kicks to me. i'm trying to avoid anything with any accent colors at all besides white, black or grey. the translucent blue outsole is a nice touch too

what is the sizing on 1300's? 998/997 size of 1/2 down or tts? also does it matter if miusa or asia made? basically looking at miusa 1300TR and have wanted a pair of 1300JP2 which i have no idea if they are china made or whatever. 

Wore these today, my first pair of 1500s. I like them.

[ATTACHMENT=13251]IMG_4702.JPG (3,257k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

what is the sizing on 1300's? 998/997 size of 1/2 down or tts? also does it matter if miusa or asia made? basically looking at miusa 1300TR and have wanted a pair of 1300JP2 which i have no idea if they are china made or whatever. 
i thought all 1300 were usa made--the jp are definitely not asia. there's a bunch of those 1300tr at brighton outlet. 1300's have a wider toe box like the 998 so go w that size

Same as 998/997, half down. Don't think there were ever any asian made 1300, but there were some older models made in the uk. The JP's were a US made cw though.

1300s were also made in Korea in the late 80s through Moonstar.
just saw them on your ig which is insane by the way--so much vintage heat. crazy with that lace eyelet on the heel. cool to see crispy coyle and gary warnett chiming in there too. and new balance shoe designer steven smith. and emily olberg. damn

Last edited:
I picked up my first pair of 997 (By the Sea) online about a year ago. However, its been sitting in my closet all this time because of its rather narrow fit. I sized 0.5 down from my tts 8.5 as recommended by a sneaker app back then, but now I kind of regret it.

The 997s insole matches perfectly in length compared to my Roshes, but the width at the forefoot is about half a cm narrower. Ive tried my tts 8.5 in store previously, but thought that the length was too long.

For those who own 997s, will the toebox eventually break in and widen over time?

I picked up my first pair of 997 (By the Sea) online about a year ago. However, its been sitting in my closet all this time because of its rather narrow fit. I sized 0.5 down from my tts 8.5 as recommended by a sneaker app back then, but now I kind of regret it.

The 997s insole matches perfectly in length compared to my Roshes, but the width at the forefoot is about half a cm narrower. Ive tried my tts 8.5 in store previously, but thought that the length was too long.

For those who own 997s, will the toebox eventually break in and widen over time?

I wear 7H 998 and 8 997. Most people went same half down for both which should be 7H for my case. However die to my broad width i need to go TTS for my 997 due to the narrow toebox.

Hi dude, been looking for the 991BHR for a long time and my only option is a US9.5 on ebay. I don't have MiUS 991 to try here so need some help with sizing. I got a pair of MiUS 1400 in US9.5 which is a bit big but I can live with it with an extra insole. Do you guys think the 991 will have a similar fit?

Back
Top Bottom