Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined Jun 7, 2006
Originally Posted by daaznfella

...would you trade platinums for blacks if you weren't to fond of the plats?

or are the plats really that much better, i can't decide
I would trade the plats for the solars just because I can see myself wearing the solars a lot more.  It would still be tough for me to let go of them

Joined Apr 21, 2008
Originally Posted by Sole5tar

The 3.5% would bring it right back up near his listing price, he is trying to knock out the fees and save me money in theory. That's the whole point of him asking to send it as a gift instead of buying it through his ebay listing, I'm trying to save a few hundred. Eh, might have to just bight the bullet and do it with buyer protection.

It sucks because he could be legit LOL

Solestar who do u bank with. If its chase go for it! I bought some foams and never got the kicks from a person i gifted. Chase had the money back in my account before i got off the phone. GO FOR IT if you bank with Chase.

Joined Mar 7, 2012

Originally Posted by telemitry

Thanks for the replies. I am definitely NOT gifting several hundred dollars. The only problem is he is offering a few hundred dollar discount since ebay fees are high. Never bought from him before so I don't know how legit he is.

Say I buy them at his listing price, pay with money order, he marks as payment received and I get screwed. Does ebay protect me in this case or anything similar to this or only if I use paypal?
Tell him to avoid ebay all together if he wants.  Ask him to type you up an invoice over email, tell him to add the paypal fees to the total price, pay him for "GOODS" not gift.  If you get screwed, you can file a dispute within thirty days.  The seller has to provide a legitimate tracking number that the product defined in the invoice was shipped.  Even if paypal can not get the money from his account, you are protected through their protection policy.  Ebay and Paypal may be double protection i do not know ebays policy as well.  But most importantly, like others have said, you typically flush out scam artists by speaking business logic to them.  
This sounds smart. I'll tell him to end the auction and draw me up an invoice from scratch and set it as payment for goods(?). However, this may be a dumb question but how would I be protected by ebay if he does this? Wouldn't this be a purchase outside of ebay?
You would not be protected by Ebay, you would be protected by PayPal...thats the key.  As long as you have an invoice, send money as gift, and get the product within 30 days

Joined Jun 24, 2011
I bought my MV through paypal gift, but he was a NT admin so i knew he was cool and if he ripped me off i be all over NT til the break of dawn (lame) until everyone knew he was a scammer but he wasn't because he was a NT admin. But yeah you do take a risk as a buyer though

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Originally Posted by Kstrick12

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by BDUB313

Funny thing is you go to a pawn shop and try to sell yeezys they will pay less than the Msrp price lol don't pay up hard right now they will drop soon I'm still debating if if I should even keep or sell but proto J was right who cares about make in 800-1000$ profit off a limited shoe that you prolly would never own again, either the person don't like the shoe or they will spend that money they made on some BS. Money comes and goes, material things and memories about yeezys or anything else is for a lifetime.

okay boss...
That is why I said hypebeast Bdub, nothing personal but "memories about yeezys last a lifetime"....

and Kontraband heck of a come up! 

No I feel where ur coming from when I say memories though I mean how hard they were to grab, how easy to resell, how much hype was happening with em, say 10 years from now if u have kids and they get a little bit older, at least well have conversations on how crazy the shoe game came up in the 2009-2012 era and possibly still have the shoes collecting dust... These memories will never tarnish because it's hecteck! Just my opinion

Joined Aug 27, 2007
This is what I am going to propose then. Paypal has had my back in the past with ebay purchases at least.

Also aren't ebay fees 9%? Or does that change as prices go up? The offer that I proposed was based on saving him 9% and he accepted, so it is not a savings of $70 but rather a few hundred-*$+. Thanks all for the replies it's been helpful.

Joined Mar 14, 2012

This is what I am going to propose then. Paypal has had my back in the past with ebay purchases at least.

Also aren't ebay fees 9%? Or does that change as prices go up? The offer that I proposed was based on saving him 9% and he accepted, so it is not a savings of $70 but rather a few hundred-*$+. Thanks all for the replies it's been helpful.
It's 3.5%. Even if he types you up a little email invoice it means nothing if you GIFT him the money. Tell him he has an option to send a paypal "invoice" to you through his paypal home page. I've done this several times to get around ebay fees but still have both parties be protected by paypal. That is the whole point. You want to pay those paypal fees in order to have the protection you seek incase he turns out into a scammer. No matter what he does outside of paypal it won't fly unless the invoice goes through a paypal invoice. Once again, as soon as you select "personal-->gift" you are waiving all your rights to dispute anything. How helpful do you think paypal is going to be when you call and complain that when you were trying to avoid their fees you got scammed? Yea....prob not very helpful. (although I have heard of it before, but with this big of a purchase, just protect yourself)

Joined Mar 7, 2012
Originally Posted by trinhovo

you think these will ever go down to 1k or less?
Personally no.  I think they will drop a bit as many here have said once more of the NDC pairs hit the market.  However, I think seeing these below 1k ever is wishful thinking.  It doesn't matter if we all think that's BS, or overpriced.  I just don't understand how these could possibly fall below 1k  when you analyze resale prices over every other half way hyped release so far in 2012.  Right this second, 1500 shipped is a good market price.  Next week that may be too high.  I have the Plats, I'd jump on 1k blacks this second...ain't happening unless some of your fellow NT'ers (like Proto found)  help you out.  Again, doesnt matter what our personal feelings on the price are...thats the market right now. 

Joined Jul 25, 2007
Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Anyone have any luck with the Sivasdescalzo online raffle?
Nope. That was probably my last shot at another pair.
Also they said they would have size 12 in the blacks, but on the entry form pre order it only had up to 11 in black...

Joined Feb 12, 2004
ive had a few people offer me pairs at "decent" prices but both wanted "gift" payments. I offered to pay the extra money for the fees, and i never heard back from them. Lots of scammers out there, dont be a victim

Joined May 5, 2012
Originally Posted by telemitry

Originally Posted by trinhovo

you think these will ever go down to 1k or less?
Personally no.  I think they will drop a bit as many here have said once more of the NDC pairs hit the market.  However, I think seeing these below 1k ever is wishful thinking.  It doesn't matter if we all think that's BS, or overpriced.  I just don't understand how these could possibly fall below 1k  when you analyze resale prices over every other half way hyped release so far in 2012.  Right this second, 1500 shipped is a good market price.  Next week that may be too high.  I have the Plats, I'd jump on 1k blacks this second...ain't happening unless some of your fellow NT'ers (like Proto found)  help you out.  Again, doesnt matter what our personal feelings on the price are...thats the market right now. 
I agree with all your comments. The price for yeezys are obviously inflated but I'm hoping to score solars for around 1k which is a great price considering they went for $300 + 15% taxes in Canada. In order to achieve these prices though, I'd have to be really lucky haha but theres no rush for me. I'm going to be patient with the prices and in the end if I don't manage to get a pair no hard feelings lol its just on to the next.

Joined Jul 30, 2011

The 3.5% would bring it right back up near his listing price, he is trying to knock out the fees and save me money in theory. That's the whole point of him asking to send it as a gift instead of buying it through his ebay listing, I'm trying to save a few hundred. Eh, might have to just bight the bullet and do it with buyer protection.

It sucks because he could be legit LOL

Tell him to make a private auction with your ebay user name as a buy it now for a $1 and free shipping
Buy that $1 auction and then send him the rest of the payment as a paypal purchase good or service.
That way both of you are protected and can leave feedback.

Joined Jul 8, 2011
Originally Posted by g2000

Originally Posted by VicRain24

[hr][/hr]
WOW. You came allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way up! Sheeessh 

Nice trade in terms of fairness. The South Beach 8 is probably the only pair out of the bunch that you can probably sell in less than a month for $950. The rest of the joints everyone in their moma has them. The DMP 11 was totally raped when the Concord came out, so those are no longer keeping it's stock high. You can find DS DMP packs now for $650-800 in just about every sneaker get together. The Space Jam is just a joke, everyone has that damn kick. Everytime I head to some meetup, I at least see 15 guys rocking that thing... 11's have no more soul. People have played it out. The south Beach elite 9 is ugly imo, and everyone has it, or at least in Texas they do. $400 tops. If you tried selling all these on your own, you are right around $2450! That's if you sold them away from Ebay & Paypal... less if you sold them on ebay of course. So all in all, who ever traded you, just saved himself time by just trading. It would taken him about 2 weeks or so to sell two of those kicks and a month to sell the other ones. Time = money. Is much easier to sell the Yeezy 2,  then to sell all those other pairs you got. That's how that guy saw it. Too many folks are cheap and so therefor it's hard to sell multiple kicks.

Who ever got the Black Y2 did his math. Sold small stocks for one big stock which is know to hold value even after it has been worn many times. But good for you!

Dude spent 266 bucks.. And got 5 pairs of sought after shoes.
None of your analysis is needed. Flawless victory by Kontraband.

Joined Oct 28, 2007

In person these are ugly as @%#^ Zen 1s>These

Good thing I sold em already. Gonna cop me some used Net Yeezy 1s

Joined Jul 8, 2003
I hope they come out with a few more color ways later so i can trade them for a pair of platinums

Joined Apr 25, 2005
Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

You're crazy! The Platinums are
in person. Then again, it's all personal taste. Platinum > Zen.

SlamShut

formerly cement greyman
Joined Jul 10, 2005
Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

While I don't agree with the ugly statement, the Y1 is a better shoe IMO.

Joined Oct 15, 2000
Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Anyone have any luck with the Sivasdescalzo online raffle?
Nope. That was probably my last shot at another pair.
Also they said they would have size 12 in the blacks, but on the entry form pre order it only had up to 11 in black...
I was holding out hope, but it's late into the evening there.  I have to assume they already contacted the winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now