OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Well, sometimes they don't even bother to check lol, I just want to try these since I already have the jordan 2012 inserts but these don't have the carpet footbed

Like I said, Kobes are arriving in stores in the same quantities as KDs and Brons. for GRs.

QS Kobes? Now that's KIIIIIIND OF A DIFFERENT STORY.
But what do you really expect with limited shoes? They're supposed to be scarce. Xmas Kobes
to this day are the MOST LIMITED ones. And looks like it'll stay that way for a little while.

So, the people saying the Kobe 8s are produced less than last year's model, stop it. :smile:
If anything, we're actually getting more GRs.
Face it, everyone is buying this **** that's why they seem more limited.

The shoe is great, the price is good and they're super comfy. Don't blame the scarcity on Nike's
production, blame it on the shoe's GREATNESS.

Who am I kidding, there are about 5 people reading this post. I'll throw in a sexy chick just to
draw in some of you.

I read this post just because I saw boobs great execution.

But yea, I can see why so many old member don't post on here any more. :smh:

On a serious note though, what do you guys think of the zoom set-up on the Elites? I had a feeling that's how it would be set-up, but I don't see how that's "Elite" at all. It's just a bottom loaded heel and forefoot zoom set-up isn't it?

it's definitely a RIP OFF. The Kobe 4-6 were priced at 120-130 and they already had Zoom. SMH
Kobe 5 and 6 both had heel and forefoot zoom. So what if it's a small met bag, they didn't charge us
extra for that.

I will boycott the Elites simply because of this fact. They're playing us. Passing off something ordinary/normal
as an "upgrade" is the ULTIMATE disrespect from Nike.

NO WAY. Anyone who'll buy the Elites in this thread seriously needs to rethink that.

dynamic flywire is nothing new, zoom air is nothing new. Now they're "premium"? "elite"? I'm not
falling for that trap. I'm getting MY purp FADES with the discount and I'm done.

Last edited:
^^^dont forget the carbon fiber, where the tpu heel clip has nothing wrong with it.

Nope, I think it's less of an "Upgrade" than the Kobe VII Elites were. Only difference is these are obviously a better shoe than the VII.

Nike knows we as customers love the 8s, so they know this Elite model will sell...even better if they see Kobe model them in the Playoffs.

But the normal 8s are just perfect to me... EM mesh and lunar inserts...Zoom and Flywire doesn't matter to me on this model.

Just give me some solid upper models and I'd truly go broke buying up pairs.

Damn that's a really good fake. Too much darker grey especially on the toe box. They start putting XDR tags on them now?

Trust me, I'm as annoyed as you guys are. That's the reason I posted that believe it or not. You can be as insightful as humanly possible and people will still post the dumbest things. I blame Instagram and all of these sneaker blogs for the making of all these un-educated "Sneakerheads", but while we're on IG ya'll can follow me @xsalvioutlawx :lol:

But yea, I can see why so many old member don't post on here any more. :smh:

On a serious note though, what do you guys think of the zoom set-up on the Elites? I had a feeling that's how it would be set-up, but I don't see how that's "Elite" at all. It's just a bottom loaded heel and forefoot zoom set-up isn't it?

Put that together with the Flywire, and it still doesn't add up to the price Nike is charging for the Elites...IMO

With the box it's about right *sarcasm*

Still not 100% on if I'm scooping elites or not... If I do pass, I'll be pouncing on sight when I see pairs at discount.

The kobe sig shoe has me dropping mad money. And you know what i am perfectly fine spending my money on a $140 shoe, with great comfort, quality of the shoe is not much of an issue, and they look amazing on feet. Thank you NIKE!              

P.S. Those Purple Fades are True Beauty.

it's definitely a RIP OFF. The Kobe 4-6 were priced at 120-130 and they already had Zoom. SMH
Kobe 5 and 6 both had heel and forefoot zoom. So what if it's a small met bag, they didn't charge us
extra for that.

I will boycott the Elites simply because of this fact. They're playing us. Passing off something ordinary/normal
as an "upgrade" is the ULTIMATE disrespect from Nike.

NO WAY. Anyone who'll buy the Elites in this thread seriously needs to rethink that.

dynamic flywire is nothing new, zoom air is nothing new. Now they're "premium"? "elite"? I'm not
falling for that trap. I'm getting MY purp FADES with the discount and I'm done.
I said it when they posted what thr elites would have I said only thing they really needed was a actual CF shank the rest Isnt needed full zoom woulda been nice but that wasnt coming from nike smh

The "red snakes" are just redundant to me with the red camo YOTS already out. I still like the YOTS better cuz of that wine color on the upper, don't really see that very often. Wish they would've replaced the red snakes with another colorway that's drastically different. I'll be :smh: if one of the Laker colorways we've seen Kobe wear don't drop but the red snakes do

Wait but guys, When do the Kobe N7's come out!?!?!?!
grin.gif
 Just kidding, please don't flame me lol. Seriously though, has anyone heard anything about the blackout colorway?

Wait so the insole is zoom air plus lunarlon?
The pics make it look that way, but I don't think it's been confirmed.

I'm pretty sure the supernaturals use a cushlon and zoom set up.  Maybe that's what the elites use?

To me it seems like you would want just zoom or lunarlon... but I would  be interested to see how the combo would work together.  

Last edited:
Well, sometimes they don't even bother to check lol, I just want to try these since I already have the jordan 2012 inserts but these don't have the carpet footbed
man, they fit

i will be purchasing at least two pairs of the inserts, i love the 2012 shell/booty with the lunarlon insert, sex on my feet

Back
Top Bottom