OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

"Neverwearthem" is on instagram and always putting up the sikkkest KB shoe pics ive ever seen. Ill hit him up on there and ask him if he would come back to Niketalk for a review on these.

I just left the Lakers game with Darryl. I can tell you he will be copping and LOVES the VIII

Good stuff..I just texted Darryl and he loves the Kobe 8..he told me this..

A lot of the regulars that use to frequent the old Niketalk have abandoned the new one for some reason..never hear from a lot of people nowadays..

I wasn't coming at you, its just that it's become such a trend in here for people to bad mouth the VII because the shoe didn't work for them, so I'm going to stand up for the VII because they were awesome for me.
Do you ball in them??? With no foot pain, blister, slappy transition?
I went down .5 from TTS, and i double sock. No pain/blisters, the transition is fine once the shell (the shoe sans insert) is broken in, as a matter of fact, I hooped in my elites with the concord play strong insert today. The play fast in general was stiff at first, and the elite shell was too, but other than that, no issues FOR ME.

The VII has been my go to shoe since last December, I still wear Vs/VIs and 2k4s in between, but when I know the gym is gonna be deep or have a league game...VII it is.

Last edited:
Good stuff..I just texted Darryl and he loves the Kobe 8..he told me this..
A lot of the regulars that use to frequent the old Niketalk have abandoned the new one for some reason..never hear from a lot of people nowadays..

Yea, I had a account on the old layout but couldn't recover it. Starting from scratch sucks.
Yea, Darryl is a good friend of mine. Small world.

Last edited:
Whoa a white with black! Sick pic!
Yeah they're actually grey/black/dark smoke grey Kobe sig nice little touch

went to the houstin hoh and they dont know what there going to do yet i went today and copped socks and tried to see if i can get an early sale on sulfurs but no luck but i did ask about christmas and they werent sure what there going to do they were more worried about the "breds" release which was pretty bad people were already camping for those shoes and they dont drop till 5 days later O.O then again could have been camping for the tickets

I very glad to hear they feel great on feet. The wait until they release is killing me.:frown:

so are the socks anything special? basketball wise? or are they just for looks regarding the kobe logo? :rolleyes

still nothing on inline/concord CW?

Someone posted one row from a spreadsheet that showed this upcoming colorway dropping in March - Dark Atomic Teal / Electric Yellow / Atomic Teal.

I grabbed those 3 colors from other Nike shoes and was gonna ask if someone could try to PS a possible version of how the colorway might look, but then I went to see if I could just iD it and well, there you go. That's close enough, no?

It can't be similar to anything like that though, can it? Nike would never let us have the ability to iD a colorway that they were planning on releasing, would they?

What do you guys think? They're pretty sick to me. Other photoshops are welcome!

Last edited:
found this pic on IG damnn how the hell did he get a pair so early >.< they looks so fresh

went to the houstin hoh and they dont know what there going to do yet i went today and copped socks and tried to see if i can get an early sale on sulfurs but no luck but i did ask about christmas and they werent sure what there going to do they were more worried about the "breds" release which was pretty bad people were already camping for those shoes and they dont drop till 5 days later O.O then again could have been camping for the tickets
Wow man that's crazy about the breds. But anyway thanks for the info on the releases, hopefully more verified info comes out about the Christmas joints release. Probably gonna have to contact my HoH (KC) and see what their plan is since it could be different at different HoH's

Kobe VIIIs looking good. Excited to get the Sulfurs. Hoping they perform much better than the VIIs.

As for all the older Kobe heads (NeverWearThem, SDubl, NotoriousMJ23, V1nsanity, Marley, Deceptic0n, Jmizzo, MugenEP, etc..) we've pretty much don't go on here (and won't anymore) since we've formed a group on Facebook. The forum (and people) has changed since the IV, V and VI thread.. Can always hit any of us up though.

so are the socks anything special? basketball wise? or are they just for looks regarding the kobe logo? :rolleyes
still nothing on inline/concord CW?

They aren't labeled as Elite socks by any means. They feel a lot thinner in the toebox vs a traditional elite sock. The midfoot has some new type of ribbing I haven't seen before.

As I've said a few pages back, they remind me of the structure elite running socks by the looks and they have that same overall feel in person. Thinner than an elite sick, still seem super legit for basketball.

But to answer you question, YES, they are mostly to look "cool" with the shoes. I can see it now, limited socks to go with limited shoes. It's only natural for the evolution of this sock movement that has hit it's stride in the last few years.

oh what.. we quittin the fbook group now and coming back here? #finebymeneverreallylikedthegroup #ntallday #homeiswheretheheartis

Back
Top Bottom