OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

system concept :x

Liking how the shoe looks overall except the swoosh placement and for it being a system. Putting the swoosh in its usual location would be so much better as it would stand out (w/ lebron X, KD V, Hyperdunk 2012 etc). And hopefully this is a true to size shoe, I don't want more narrow nike shoes >:

how original , nike is placing the swoosh on the toe box with all their shoes...hyperdunk 2k12, venomenon, KD V, LBJ X, mercurial now the Kobe VIII

already tired of the insole sleeve, hopefully the performance would not be an issue.

doesnt appear to be a shoe to rock casually. But they're Bball shoes so...

wanna wait till i see real pics

US11 had this as the header on their blog for sometime now. They also had the KDV as their header for a few months. Knew this was the VIII when I saw it.

They better have fixed the insole so everybody doesn't have blisters on their arches this time.

Goddamnit.
These look the same as the 7s but the damn swoosh is moved down.

This is ridiculous, as a consumer, who's supported zoom nike kobes 1-6, (bought a pair of 7s but sold em), these shoes are atrocities..
I want a better shoe i.e. ZK2, ZK4 ZK6.

Yes Im mad :smh:

the check will not remain on the toe.

Mesh instead of Flywire is welcomed as well. starting to hate flywire on everything.

Its all about the colorways. 6 had a plethora of colorways and sold very well. 7's colorways were weak and struggled

I'm probably in the minority, but I absolutely LOVED the VII, both performance and styling wise, they seriously threaten the V as the top Zoom Kobe IMO.

That being said, I'm thrilled that they are continuing with the "system", I fully expect it to be better than the VII performance wise. Styling wise... I'll reserve final judgement until better pics are out, but so far it's looking like a step back from the VII, especially in the midsole area.

Glad they aren't going with the gawdy toe swoosh :x

Last edited:
This being Kobe's 8th shoe I would have expected something pretty epic considering that the number 8 has some significance as far as his career goes but hey maybe there is something thats yet to be seen.

Ooooookaaaaaayyyyyy.

Nike Basketball is definitely going for that performance look this year. 

How much?

Last edited:
So far these look hideous and they look to much like the VII's imo but I'll make my final once I see better pictures

im highly interested as to how the final product will look, the booty/ankleliner looks like a damn sock if anything

no fly wire on VIIIs will make it very unique after using tthat tech in the IV-VIIs 

put me as a maybe for now but im sure Nike will blow me after on this model

from these pictures they are not aesthetically pleasing, but they sure do look like amazing performance shoes.

why did they have to use the stupid system crap again? and getting rid of the toe swoosh was the dumbest thing, it looks great there and is the only thing going for the VIII based on that picture...

Looks like another sit out for me. these "system" shoes or any shoe with the removable insole: Jordan 2011, 2012, Kobe 7's, its just something about them that makes them seem odd to me for some reason. I have tried on all 3 and it just feels off for some reason , but to those who can go for it....

Back
Top Bottom