OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

the sample picture really looks like a soccer cleat with a different sole, clearly based off of the vapor IV, IMO.

def want to see the final version but def MAD about the stupid system crap. it was a failure in the last shoe. give us a good insole and great shoe. stop wasting time and money on these stupid socks

will reserve judgement until the final product surfaces but as someone b4 me has said, the midsole is def a step back from the vii's.

wouldve liked to see that forefoot swoosh tho, and i think its safe to say kobe will never have another mid.

def want to see the final version but def MAD about the stupid system crap. it was a failure in the last shoe. give us a good insole and great shoe. stop wasting time and money on these stupid socks

this..

i hope the tongue is thicker too.. the 7's tongue was absolute crap

Last edited:
Between the Lebron X, KD V, and these samples, the forefoot swoosh fits the best here.

They should've kept it. Same swoosh + same heel cup makes it look awfully similar to the VII.

I was hoping for a mid too... the Kobe V-VIII are beginning to blur together.

Man, Nike may have given up on the Lifetsyle looks for their Basketball sigs. Oh well, this is the year of the Non-Retroed Retro. Going back into time and grabbing OG kicks from the past. That system crap might be nice for performance (I only hoop in Lebron's cuz of cushioning) but its not conducive to lifestyle casual rocking and thats cool. Maybe it wasn't Nike's concern for this model, so back to the future I go.

They look pretty good so far, but as others have been saying, the system bull **** needs to go.

Gone are the days of being able to rock signature kicks for things other than basketball. While I do hoop in my kicks and buy them for that sole purpose, it was nice to just rock a pair of LeBron's with jeans and tee. I understand giving performance sneakers to the high-caliber athletes of Nike, but they will start to lose a huge demographic by making only "performance beasts".

i havent had a pair of kobe's in years...looks like another year is going to go by without me having a pair....

I swear the re-usage of this sock "system" is just to justify the inevitable $200 range price tag. Those damn things were both a gimmick and an eyesore from the start.

Kobe's are becoming repetitive and that was before the sample pix of the viii's surfaced. Still gonna try to shut up about em till the final product surfaces...

I swear the re-usage of this sock "system" is just to justify the inevitable $200 range price tag. Those damn things were both a gimmick and an eyesore from the start.
Kobe's are becoming repetitive and that was before the sample pix of the viii's surfaced. Still gonna try to shut up about em till the final product surfaces...
Yup, the inserts made the shoe less flexible for the heel-toe transition. Made it feel slappy running in them, but I did notice transition was better in the play strong insert probably because of the lunar foam.

hmmmmm.... I'm going to hold back on making a rash comment, cause' it wouldn't be good... 

Gonna let this sink in and comment down the road.. 

I understand giving performance sneakers to the high-caliber athletes of Nike, but they will start to lose a huge demographic by making only "performance beasts".

Sounds good to me, many of "those people" for e-fame or to resell anyway

Just like the ZKIII, not casually appealing = easy to get

I like them so far too. Wonder what the system will be like...

Also, the non-1 piece upper will lend to more interesting colorways than the VI & VII imo. Can't wait to see more pictures!

-Pete

Love the Soccer cleat mercurial vapor look with the nike sign placement there:smokin

Yep. Kobe VIII initial sample does have a very Mercurial-like look to it. Think they turned out well though from what I've seen even though the Swoosh placement makes it look like IV-VII which is the same boring branding location every year.

:frown: I actually think the super Swoosh looks pretty cool.

Kobe is a huge soccer fan so I can see why he wanted his sig to resemble Nike most popular soccer cleats.

Another system? Ugh. Not feeling the concept right now. This looks like a reworked VII, down to the shape and heal plastic plate as well. Did I hear no removable sock liner? Money saved.

Last edited:
These look extremely light.. maybe lighter than the 6?

Will wait on more pics, CWs, etc (lol @ people claiming to make judgement on a ****** quality sample pic which doesn't even have the swoosh branding in the correct place)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom