OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Thoughts on the "blue lights"?
I'm digging the blue lights...If they ever drop who knows.. I find it a bit surprising that to date Nike has only released 2 CWs for the Kobe VIII.  They released every CW under the sun for the Kobe VII but they're holding back so far on this years model..  

The timing of the Kobe release has always been like that up to this point tho right??

Del sol colorway an Xmas in December, nothing more than that I thought?

But In terms of knowing what's planned to release then I would agree

Probably getting a home pair, pythons, bhm's on 1/19 and allstars in February. Probably a bunch of TC pairs too. It's moving slow.

The timing of the Kobe release has always been like that up to this point tho right??
Del sol colorway an Xmas in December, nothing more than that I thought?
But In terms of knowing what's planned to release then I would agree
Yeah, it's been like that for a few years now, del sol and the Xmas cw of the new model to end the year.

Thoughts on the "blue lights"?

What's the pattern on those Blue Light's?

when shoes go clearance discount? who pays the difference. the stores? or do the stores get the money from nike when they have to throw it on discount.
did I make that understandable.?
no one does.  it's factored in the "markdown" bucket of a retailer.  as a retailer, your goal is to sell it for more than you paid (ie cost price).  if the shoe (or item) really stinks it up, then the retailer can ask the vendor (ie nike, reebok, levi's, etc) for some sort of subsidy/vendor income to help with the markdown of the item.  most of the time, the subsidy ends up in a credit on future orders they may place with the vendor.

Last edited:
no one does.  it's factored in the "markdown" bucket of a retailer.  as a retailer, your goal is to sell it for more than you paid (ie cost price).  if the shoe (or item) really stinks it up, then the retailer can ask the vendor (ie nike, reebok, levi's, etc) for some sort of subsidy/vendor income to help with the markdown of the item.  most of the time, the subsidy ends up in a credit on future orders they may place with the vendor.

could that be a reason nike is shipping out less orders. maybe wanting to depend solely on ndc?

when shoes go clearance discount? who pays the difference. the stores? or do the stores get the money from nike when they have to throw it on discount.
did I make that understandable.?

Its to my understanding that FL/Champs/FTA are credited their stock so they are quicker to throw things on sale because they are more pressed to make their money to pay Nike. And Finishline buys stock flat out so they take longer but will offer deeper discounts because its actually "their" product. Somebody correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel some toebox discomfort on the 8's when you put them on? maybe i need to break them in more, but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom