OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Dare I say..........I don't think I'm a fan of the full shozuko (at least for the xmas pair) maybe because they're white.

I hope they look good on my IDs.

Updated Page 1. Posted the other colorways we've seen, Nightwing's performance review and started a new poll.

Happy New Year Everyone!

yeah one person on the other forum said the full shozoku looks like an asian beaver (no mr chew). i saw pictures of actual sample iDs and it don't look half bad but like tdogg said it's probably because the white which makes it look more like teeth. If it bothers me i'll just return the iD.

Happy 2013!

Last edited:

I bought a 10.5 and 11 because of the inconsistency of the sizing. I tried on a pair of sulfers in a 10.5 (my true size) and they fit perfect, but the Christmas 10.5 fit snug! I want one more pair to keep... I LOVE the Kobe 8 Christmas more than I love my grinches.. Dont Judge.

clear sole > full logo and it's not even close. 

i don't see the point in balling in kobe christmas shoes. seems more economical to grab a general release overseas kobe 8 w/ XDR if u wanna play outdoors. 

To some people, myself included, shoes are just shoes.
For balling yes. I never got how people wore grinches and christmas 8's at the gym when you can just get a general release beater with the same performance on the court. 

For casual wear tho, US version of the Kobe 8 all day. That non translucent green sole is nasty in a bad way. The upper mesh colors pop so much more with the translucent sole. 

Anybody can wear what they want when they want man.^ Nothing is wrong about someone wearing a hot shoe to the gym.

Last edited:
To some people, myself included, shoes are just shoes.
For balling yes. I never got how people wore grinches and christmas 8's at the gym when you can just get a general release beater with the same performance on the court. 

For casual wear tho, US version of the Kobe 8 all day. That non translucent green sole is nasty in a bad way. The upper mesh colors pop so much more with the translucent sole. 

When i was in hs i'd play basketball (and football & soccer) in limited shoes case i aint have enough money for 2 pairs of shoes (for casual wear & sports/beaters)... I do try to take better care of my stuff now so it lasts longer.

Anybody can wear what they want when they want man.^ Nothing is wrong about someone wearing a hot shoe to the gym.
Well said brother, I was thinking of wearing my Xmas pair for game opener of our adult league team. Why not? Shoes were made to be worn and play ball in.

Hawaii needs to get their **** together. I've called House of Hoops and all of the FTL's and Champs we have and none of them have the xmas lights. HoH said they would receive their shipment today but when I showed up at the store they said the shipment will arrive Thursday.

I ref in a rec league and can wear any shoes I want since it's rec. I will be breaking out the Christmas shoes tomorrow night and cannot wait! Sulfers will be next week and then some of the other December releases will be on foot.

All I'm saying is that I'd rather ball in my shoes then keep them DS, new, or whatever you call it. Buying shoes to keep in your closest IMO is as dumb as buying a shirt to keep in your closet. NT got people brainwashed thinking the cool thing to do is to post pics online and never ware your shoes.

All I'm saying is that I'd rather ball in my shoes then keep them DS, new, or whatever you call it. Buying shoes to keep in your closest IMO is as dumb as buying a shirt to keep in your closet. NT got people brainwashed thinking the cool thing to do is to post pics online and never ware your shoes.
I just don't understand it man. That ish is cray. I guess if you can't be cool in everyday life, you have to be cool somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom