OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

LOL You got what theyre trying to say wrong, they're all saying that why ball outdoors in such a nice, expensive and hard to find sneaker when you could just ball in the GR sulfurs and wear the xmas pair just casually or on an indoor court cause I know dam well I wouldnt be balling outdoors in the xmas kobes if I only had one pair of them. I would just use another pair of ball sneakers
Also I dont do doubles or keep my kicks DS

I understand that other people here are just afraid to mess their pairs up in ball or w/e, cause they want to use it for casual too. Just let them do what they want. it's their own money spent.

Anyway, is this the most dense lunarlon Nike produced? I don't even think I'm playing in a lunarlon based shoe, it's way too different to my previous lunarlon ball shoe. (hd 2012)

Ole boy is talking about balling in them period. At the end of the day, do whatcha want I guess right?

I understand that other people here are just afraid to mess their pairs up in ball or w/e, cause they want to use it for casual too. Just let them do what they want. it's their own money spent.

Yup basically
Also you dont really mess up your sneakers nearly as bad on an indoor court compared to outdoor ones. That pavement and the dudes who play on outdoor court would wear them things out lol. Dudes on outdoor courts be playing wreckless sometimes, they'll scuff them things bad lol

One of the great things about the last 3 models of the Kobe line is that they still look good enough to wear casually after you play in them. When I buy a pair, it's to play ball in them. If I want to wear the shoe casually, I'll buy another pair. I don't see the need to DS a shoe unless you plan to sell it later. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Ole boy is talking about balling in them period. At the end of the day, do whatcha want I guess right?
at the end of the day do you. i was just trying to say what i do with my shoes lol. i dont look at shoes as investments or depreciable assets by any means, but to me it just makes more economical sense to ball outdoors in some general release kobes when i can get the same performance quality. just my opinion tho, i would definitely love to see xmas kobe 8's on the court, that would b dope. but when im ballin, im all about the game, could care less what im wearing or what other dudes are wearing

I like the full logo, and can do without the clear sole... Just me... I wish all pairs shipped with the full logo on the back :smokin

Carpe Diems may be better to most people, but aren't Christmas Lights going for more?

Yea, they are. I honestly think the price is only up there because people think that they're going to be another Grinch. Don't get me wrong, these 8s are a dope kick but I think hype is driving the price. Hell, we've seen how many newbies and wannabe Mambaheads were calling the CLs "Grinch".

But I've seen some Carpes in the $250-$280 range.

Last edited:
I only do 2 things. Go to work, and go to the gym. so either my work clothes are my go to the store clothes or my gym outfit is what I'm wearing out, and since i'll be wearing the kobes to the gym it will get a lot of wear.

dude was right though, the VI, VII , were perfect for casual wear, If I was to ever throw on jeans.. the 8s seem more like a gym only for me. , atleast the sulfurs and x mas
but ofcourse that's just me

Last edited:
I only do 2 things. Go to work, and go to the gym. so either my work clothes are my go to the store clothes or my gym outfit is what I'm wearing out, and since i'll be wearing the kobes to the gym it will get a lot of wear.
dude was right though, the VI, VII , were perfect for casual wear, If I was to ever throw on jeans.. the 8s seem more like a gym only for me. , atleast the sulfurs and x mas
but ofcourse that's just me
I wear the VII Elites as everyday casual wear. 

I tried on the Sulfurs at footlocker while wearing jeans and they looked really good. I was even able to show the tongue without it looking stupid.

Sulfurs always remind me of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. :lol:

I tried on the Sulfurs at footlocker while wearing jeans and they looked really good. I was even able to show the tongue without it looking stupid.
Sulfurs always remind me of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. :lol:

Haha, I didn't think it was possible. The tongue on these 8s just look like a failure when rocked with jeans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom