OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

If this was one of us on the court our ankles would be in trouble, the difference with these guys, they have there ankles wrapped up by Sports Physicians before every game, so they always have more support than we think.

If this was one of us on the court our ankles would be in trouble, the difference with these guys, they have there ankles wrapped up by Sports Physicians before every game, so they always have more support than we think.

And their shoes probably have more padding and custom insoles. Think about durant playing in those kd Vs that we buy. Just thin, cheap and uncomfortable.

Again, you sprain your ankle when you land or step wrong.... THAT'S IT. No shoe will protect you from a sprain. Tape helps but only for a limited amount of time. How many NBA players suffered from sprained ankles with their ankles taped and while waring high top shoes??? Nothing you can do about it

If you want a shoe that'll protect your ankles I suggest you throw on snowboarding boots

Major pass on all these socks. Give me the full logo on the heel of all future pairs. Spare me the gimmicks.

Looking forward to more solid GR colorways. I would love if these dropped, but with a two-tone purple midsole and outsole.

Those are so lovely

And their shoes probably have more padding and custom insoles. Think about durant playing in those kd Vs that we buy. Just thin, cheap and uncomfortable.
Qft i love playing with my kobes but if ur a rebounder im not suggesting it ,my experience of course still love them kobes for running ..

I swear, some of you guys either don't play basketball, have the weakest ankles in the world, or are just massive worriers/hypochondriacs. 

High tops or low tops doesnt make a difference when you play basketball. 

Lol at the guy who said when he wears high tops he can feel his ankle roll so he forces it back straight. If you are able to roll it like that without landing on it then you have very weak ankles. Try some calf raises? 

If you are that worried about your ankles then

a) do us all a favor and don't wear Kobe's so you don't come and complain about rolling your ankle playing basketball

b) strap your ankles or invest in ankle braces

c) go to the gym and strengthen them

d) DON'T PLAY BASKETBALL

As a sports doctor i know says, you aren't a basketballer until you've had severe ankle sprains. 

So please, lets stop all this stupid talk about Kobe's making you roll your ankles yet high tops don't. 

Last edited:
I like the two stripes on the sulfurs instead of the full shozoku, it makes it look kinda like soccer shoes with an indoor feel, and the fact it's 3M makes it that much better. I'm probably in the minority on that though lol.

And to the dude talking ankle sprains I completely agree. A few years ago I was in the Bron 3s and had em laced up all the way to the top, complete lockdown and everything, landed on a dudes foot coming down from grabbing a board and had a severe high ankle sprain. Those were high tops, had ankle protection, still had a bad sprain. It will happen no matter what you hoop in folks, trust me I promise.

Having said this, the VIIIs are amazing with the lockdown and how low to the ground they are. You reall have good court feel in these, great for cutting and slashing and plush for landings as well. I'm In love with these kicks man...

And to the dude talking ankle sprains I completely agree. A few years ago I was in the Bron 3s and had em laced up all the way to the top, complete lockdown and everything, landed on a dudes foot coming down from grabbing a board and had a severe high ankle sprain. Those were high tops, had ankle protection, still had a bad sprain. It will happen no matter what you hoop in folks, trust me I promise.

Having said this, the VIIIs are amazing with the lockdown and how low to the ground they are. You reall have good court feel in these, great for cutting and slashing and plush for landings as well. I'm In love with these kicks man...
Exactly. The lower to the ground you are the harder it is to roll and the less likely chance it will be severe.

Again, you sprain your ankle when you land or step wrong.... THAT'S IT. No shoe will protect you from a sprain. Tape helps but only for a limited amount of time. How many NBA players suffered from sprained ankles with their ankles taped and while waring high top shoes??? Nothing you can do about it

If you want a shoe that'll protect your ankles I suggest you throw on snowboarding boots

We have been having the same argument since the kobe ivs came out. I completely agree with you here, but high top folks will never believe... So be it.

Low tops ftw

BTW, does anyone have the link online for the above poster in high resolution & dimensions? Thinking about going down to Kinko's and getting it printed. :D

Last edited:

dude, every shoe NBA players play in look like this while moving. Check DWade,
Rondo, Rose, Bron, etc. Their feet always kill their shoes.

Do you think high tops prevent ankle sprains or something?

High tops are no different than low tops when it comes to preventing ankle sprains, it depends on what you prefer and your mental point of view on the shoe.

If you feel more comfortable playing in Hyperdunks or high tops go for it, I personally feel better in playing in low tops.  My playing style doesn't change or anything and  I've balled in Kobe's plenty of times and had no ankle sprains at all.

Like jordan23dotcom said it is the way you land on your foot.  I don't own a pair of VIII's yet, but I'm sure they have decent padding around the ankle and terrific heel lock down.

Last edited:
I swear, some of you guys either don't play basketball, have the weakest ankles in the world, or are just massive worriers/hypochondriacs. 

High tops or low tops doesnt make a difference when you play basketball. 

Lol at the guy who said when he wears high tops he can feel his ankle roll so he forces it back straight. If you are able to roll it like that without landing on it then you have very weak ankles. Try some calf raises? 

If you are that worried about your ankles then

a) do us all a favor and don't wear Kobe's so you don't come and complain about rolling your ankle playing basketball

b) strap your ankles or invest in ankle braces

c) go to the gym and strengthen them

d) DON'T PLAY BASKETBALL

As a sports doctor i know says, you aren't a basketballer until you've had severe ankle sprains. 

So please, lets stop all this stupid talk about Kobe's making you roll your ankles yet high tops don't. 
It helps to know what kind of style you play to select the right shoe for you. I play PG and I loved the KD I-III and the Kobe IV-VI, but I have sprained both my ankles really bad in the KD IV and V but have had no incident with the 8. It all depends what your style of play is and what you feel comfortable in. I know for a fact anything with Full-Length Air Max or heel Air Max is a big risk for me.

Back
Top Bottom