OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Swapped out laces on my Sulfurs just to see. I kinda like it...
Check this out,

2r6obyx.jpg

Do you think high tops prevent ankle sprains or something?

High tops are no different than low tops when it comes to preventing ankle sprains,

A shoe with material above the ankle joint is going to provide SOME additional protection compared to a lower cut shoe.

Does it make a 5% or a 0.05% difference, I have no idea. But there is a difference. Will you ever notice it? Probably not, because it'll either be a too severe ligament tear...or no injury at all and you'll continue to play.

Dunno, It's just probably me but I grew up playing with high tops, I feel naked when I ball with Lows. need more getting use to, I guess.

A shoe with material above the ankle joint is going to provide SOME additional protection compared to a lower cut shoe.

Does it make a 5% or a 0.05% difference, I have no idea. But there is a difference. Will you ever notice it? Probably not, because it'll either be a too severe ligament tear...or no injury at all and you'll continue to play.
Well, I don't normally feel it when I compare wearing my high tops to low tops.

Although, I do feel that there is a big mentality type of thing when it comes to shows and how hard you will play if you get what I mean.  If you've never played in Kobe's or even low cuts you're going to feel uncomfortable playing hard and be scared that you're going to sprain your ankles, but people don't tend to realize it's technically the same damn thing.  Playing like a little ***** will get you injured, it sounds a bit weird, but it is true.

Last edited:

Well, I don't normally feel it when I compare wearing my high tops to low tops.

Although, I do feel that there is a big mentality type of thing when it comes to shows and how hard you will play if you get what I mean.  If you've never played in Kobe's or even low cuts you're going to feel uncomfortable playing hard and be scared that you're going to sprain your ankles, but people don't tend to realize it's technically the same damn thing.  Playing like a little ***** will get you injured, it sounds a bit weird, but it is true.

I said I would never ever play in lowtops... I never did until I got a pair of KD IV Aunt Pearl's to hoop in. Played in them countless times and had no problem until one day I landed on somebody's foot and sprained my ankle pretty bad. But, high tops could not have prevented me from spraining it. Most of the time when you roll or sprain your ankle it's going to happen no matter what... Wear ankle braces or tape your ankles to help prevent it from happening a bit more.

With all the speculating prices ($200 +)posted here..guess what? Nike is monitoring this site and were giving them Ideas on how much to sell the new CW. Were actually giving them the impression on how much the consumers willing to shell out.

So Nike if you're gauging our interest. majority of NTers are willing to pay for $139.99 or less. 
wink.gif

With all the speculating prices ($200 +)posted here..guess what? Nike is monitoring this site and were giving them Ideas on how much to sell the new CW. Were actually giving them the impression on how much the consumers willing to shell out.

So Nike if you're gauging our interest. majority of NTers are willing to pay for $139.99 or less. 
wink.gif
The pricing of a shoe is figured out before it ever hits the production lines ..... not a month before a release date.

You guys so worried about your ankles should really look into this.

Last edited:
Lmao ppl still talking about hurting your ankle. This is the 5th kobe shoe thats low top, enough with the talk about this

Do you think high tops prevent ankle sprains or something?

High tops are no different than low tops when it comes to preventing ankle sprains, it depends on what you prefer and your mental point of view on the shoe.

If you feel more comfortable playing in Hyperdunks or high tops go for it, I personally feel better in playing in low tops.  My playing style doesn't change or anything and  I've balled in Kobe's plenty of times and had no ankle sprains at all.

Like jordan23dotcom said it is the way you land on your foot.  I don't own a pair of VIII's yet, but I'm sure they have decent padding around the ankle and terrific heel lock down.
Not complaining about ankle support just pointing out a difference that people left out in previous post about ankle concern.

Check your local champs, mine got a restock of the kobe elite socks in the blk/grey and they dropped the green/yellow. There was 1 pair left of the blk/grey at the champs in victoria gardens in socal. Also, they already received the pythons as well.

Back
Top Bottom