OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The lowcut discussion is something that always happens but is important. There's still SO many consumers AND workers at these stores who are uneducated on the matter. It's important to talk about.

And yes, we should get "back to the shoes" but by doing that we will only get angry because we don't have info on so much we want. Smh!
Very well said

In regards to the full symbol and the half symbol on the back. Either way is cool, to be honest I look at the half symbol as snake vangs. Just throwing that out there for those that migh be bothered by the half symbol vs the full symbol, hopefully this will put postive twist on it for you guys. All in all great shoe with nice details. Too add, from a business perspective, I can't knock Nike for putting on half the symbol and the rest on elite socks, considering all the post I see talking about them and people wanting the socks, the marketing concept more then worked! :lol:

After seeing the real pics of the black YOTS, I think I might pass....too plain especially for the price. I don't want to pay high price for 1 color shoe regardless the gimmick is....I might cop this if they drop.....the most decent pair.....

. These joints is hard. Whats the tag or release on these

this thread is starting to look like a Lebron thread :x

i'm in the minority here, but the VII's are fine for hooping for me, and the past few times i've worn V's and they just don't fit my foot right, the toe creases and smashes up my toes, just feel bad on court. i just cannot wait to try the VIII's for hooping, gimme a new CW Nike!

I'd much rather play in the VIs over the Vs, I guess my foot isn't wide enough to properly enjoy the Vs? They are nice, but some say that the V is a better performance shoe for them over the VIIIs and I just don't agree with that at all, then again not all feet are created equally, so that's just me.

Last edited:
too me the kobe V will always be the best baskeball shoe ever...so comfortable and light but still a freakin BEAST on the court :pimp: V's will always have a special place in my heart..that is the first shoe i rolled my ankle on real bad but that still didnt stop me from playing ball with them lol

i still have yet to play in my 8's but they feel the same as the V's except the 8's are more higher to the ground cause of the lunar sole, the V's are more lower to the ground like you really are barefoot

Teams who get their ankles taped are to help prevent obviously. There's no question in that. It DOES help but does NOT stop it.

Literally. If you land to mess up your ankle you will. The most important thing is the outsole/heel cup/lateral outrigger for most types of plays. Having a lower cut shoe(to the ground, as in zoom instead of full length vis air) WILL help with general landing and planting of the foot.

The condition of the floor plays a factor too. Having a super grippy court will catch your foot when you make a plant will allow a better shoe to do the work it's intended to do. At the same time that speed and force going against the shoe can make you roll way more easily. That's why being low to the ground is important to me. Having court feel allows me to be able to control how my feet come in contact more than max air.

LOWTOPS aren't always ok. The Lebron 9 has got to be one of the worst balling shoes ever. Hyperfuse, hyperdunk, etc provide much better feedback.

I think that's what a lot of people are missing.

And to the dude who said he wears Lebrons so he can feel the roll and stop it more, you my friend are ONE OF A KIND.

I agree about balling in Lebron 9's. Some of the worst kicks I've ever played ball in. Rolled ankles, lower back pain, poor traction, just to name a few issues. I'm going to play in my elite 9's and see if there's any improvements, but for now, I'm going to stick to my hyperposites and 2012 jordans

Just saw a nice lil stack of Kobe and KD Christmas Ts at my foot locker... Palmdale, ca. just incase anyone is looking.

Lows>>>>>>>>>>>>mids

since wearing lows since the IV's my ankles are strong as hell, so much freedom and movement as well. Ive turned my ankles at times and felt great 30 minutes later. i can never get hurt.

when i try to wear my older shoes i have in Mid like the KDII's they are terrible, sure they are comfortable and playing ball in them? HELL NO!! i feel so restricted its kinda crazy.

lows are the best period, if you dont play REAL ball then you wouldnt know. ill never go back to mids.

lows 4 life dog

Lows>>>>>>>>>>>>mids

since wearing lows since the IV's my ankles are strong as hell, so much freedom and movement as well. Ive turned my ankles at times and felt great 30 minutes later. i can never get hurt.

when i try to wear my older shoes i have in Mid like the KDII's they are terrible, sure they are comfortable and playing ball in them? HELL NO!! i feel so restricted its kinda crazy.

lows are the best period, if you dont play REAL ball then you wouldnt know. ill never go back to mids.

lows 4 life dog
Lows for sure. Mid is okay, but for the mobility and quickness, without sacrificing comfort or stability, I choose lows, preferably Kobe's.

Lol. I swear people need to watch a mythbuster episode or something to finally get it through their heads that lows are just as good if not better than highs or mids.

My 2 cents on this ankle stuff:

1) Like someone mentioned above, wearing the low tops regularly will actually strengthen your ankles over time. 

2) Although more ankle support will probably reduce very slight irregular ankle movements and only prevent slight injuries, the actual restriction of movement makes you more likely to get a more severe injury since it limits the bodies natural movement which nature designed to protect from more awkward injuries that take longer to heal. Either way, the only factor that matters with a shoe when it comes to preventing injury is whether or not YOU feel comfortable in them on the court. Whether the pro's wear high tops or low tops they all obviously feel more comfortable and secure in one or the other which makes them safer on the court. Lastly, when it comes to their ankles, if they're worried or already have some ankle injury, they're all lucky enough to have professionals to tape them up which actually does help. 

Is there a health section or something where you guys can discuss this ankle non sense at???
This thread is getting a lil sloppy now. Lets get back to the actual shoe ppl. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom