OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Man the whole gang is in this thread. Where's Mugen EP and NotoriousMJ(not sure I got the user name correct)?

My focus will be on the 8s. Wore the KD V today and his line still needs work. Kobes are the total package. Might even order an iD by the end of the weekend.

the way this board has been going the past 3 days you wouldn't believe that, especially with the comfort of the 8s and people comparing them and saying they are the new Iv's and v's.
like sdubl said, 300 range
I'd say as high as 400
no way they hit 400$, For sure 300$ the highest.. prob 250-300$ in that range once all the hype dies down. right now on craigslist there going for around 250-350$.

I got my xmas pair yesterday :smile: will post pics tomorrow

Im 2/2 in the kobe 8, I really hope that purple pair releases

Yall crack me up in this thread. :rofl: :rofl:
How about instead of arguing with each other, try helping the next man find a pair.
BTW: dude said his friend owned a shoe store. Clearly he saw how hectic it got for this release. How is he a hypebeast????

I don't know about you, but your friend sounds like a hypebeast... oh btw I'm not hating on these shoes I doubled up on these, as well as the Cheetah VII and Grinch Vi...
I simply just thought you totally overpaid for them ($270), when the market price is clearly $200-220... and once people (resellers) get their pairs in from ndc, eastbay, footlocer, etc the price will drop below $200 when the market is overflow with them... the value will definitely go up as time goes by, but paying $270 for them after you struck out on the release day was an impulsive move if you ask me... but hey it's your money do whatever you want
happy.gif
market price has been much higher than $200 - $220 lately, I'd say more like $250 to $275. 

regarding the market flooding once the ndc/eastbay pairs come in, I don't think that's the case. I've seen A LOT of pairs on ebay from sellers who don't have their shoes yet, using other peoples pics, promising to ship their pairs once delivered. There is a ton of these on ebay already, with demand sustaining.

whether these are > grinches is totally subjective. i have both and personally i like these more. the grinches definitely capture the spirit of christmas more but the xmas lights pop so much more. and in my opinion the kobe 8 is the greatest performance kobe of all time, way ahead of the VI and i loved the VI. 

Yall crack me up in this thread. :rofl: :rofl:
How about instead of arguing with each other, try helping the next man find a pair.
BTW: dude said his friend owned a shoe store. Clearly he saw how hectic it got for this release. How is he a hypebeast????

I wasn't arguing with him at all... I simply said he got raped by paying $270 for them, but he thought he got a deal cuz these will be the grinches part 2.... which I and many people completely disagree.

If his friend is such a big baller and owns a store, he would've gotten a pair and wouldn't have to pay $270 for them in the first place... the shoe store is more likely on ebay or craigslist :lol:

market price has been much higher than $200 - $220 lately, I'd say more like $250 to $275.

those are ebay prices... or asking price by greedy craigslist resellers, not the real market price if you ask me but whatever if people wanna overpay for shoes then don't be whining about resellers all the time :rolleyes

If his friend is such a big baller and owns a store, he would've gotten a pair and wouldn't have to pay $270 for them in the first place... the shoe store is more likely on ebay or craigslist :lol:

Ur getting people confused. I did get a pair for $150. I'm going to drop it because I'm no rookie to the people on this site. Keep waiting it out and $270 will feel like a deal. :smile:

KDs are junk to me on the level of a melo, id never own a pair. 2 greatcplayers wearin junk.... Im pretty happy with xmas 8. When grinch vi came out anybody could get them now people think they worth a g ?? Hell no its a nice shoe but in no way are they worth that

Last edited:
Ur getting people confused. I did get a pair for $150. I'm going to drop it because I'm no rookie to the people on this site. Keep waiting it out and $270 will feel like a deal. :smile:

yeah my bad... you're just defending the guy who paid that much and that's fine.

I don't care how much these go for in the future cuz I like the shoes for what they are, not how much they're worth... I got my 2 pairs and 1 pair Asian XDR version all for retail...so I'm good... I just feel bad for impulsive people when they overpay... won't be selling them so don't care about how much they'll be worth in a year or whatever...

Last edited:
I think people pay whatever they feel the shoe is worth to them...
you don't have to like it, but duckets to you can be scruples to others....

I bought 2 pairs 250 each..aint even trippin. U all are always so worried about payin retail or less or throw a fit. I never understood why people care what others pay for a pair. Its partly the hype from nt that causes jacked highball prices.

Back
Top Bottom