OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

U dont order at all?

I mean u can send things back if u dont like
nope. i got some spots that get everything, so i just go and see the kicks before i buy or pass. i have ordered once before and they sent wrong size and scratched pair, so i sent it back. problem with that was the pair i ordered was a limited release much like the majority of my sneakers, so the store was sold out leaving me without a pair.

I don't live by any HoH and couldn't see them in person. Loved all the pics I seen of them. I still like them but was just a bit thrown off.
ok i feel ya now! i forgot to remember not everyone lives around all the types of retailers i do, so i guess you do have to do some ordering from time to time. i just had a bad experience ordering, plus i overslept on a pair before and was bout to order, then i saw em in person and was glad i didn't fall for the photos.

i think people buy retro js not just cos they r iconic etc, if its for streetwear, looks comes first and then quality.  most of the retros practically looks good wit pretty much anythin u throw on and i think thats the main reason why they r so popular cos they look good.  i can fully understand the guys whos had originals(now unwearable) dont wanna buy into the retros cos of the quality+price hike, but u c not every1s (especially the younger guys) had the chance and man if u like the look of somethin u gonna buy it.  i know this is a kobe thread but i think its all related

That's why I said I'm not knocking anyone who buys retros...

I was lucky enough to watch MJ while at UNC, both Team USAs, the Chicago Bulls and Wizards *trying to wipe the White Sox ordeal from my mind tho).

Retros are a 'Been there, done that' thing to me...but that's cause I'm an older cat. I know some younger dudes feel as tho the retros are new to them.

And a lot of my originals are still wearable, which really kills the need for a retro for me.

Exactly. Lebrons and the Kobe line (especially the 4s, 5, 6s and now 8s) just trump JB retros for me.

The only thing that has been able to compete with the 8s from JB is the XX8.

But $140 > $250 all day

All Day Long

i think people buy retro js not just cos they r iconic etc, if its for streetwear, looks comes first and then quality.  most of the retros practically looks good wit pretty much anythin u throw on and i think thats the main reason why they r so popular cos they look good.  i can fully understand the guys whos had originals(now unwearable) dont wanna buy into the retros cos of the quality+price hike, but u c not every1s (especially the younger guys) had the chance and man if u like the look of somethin u gonna buy it.  i know this is a kobe thread but i think its all related

Youre right

I guess my time is up, cuz I dont see myself really buying anymore Jordans

Dont even wear what I do have, much less buy this new old stuff

nope. i got some spots that get everything, so i just go and see the kicks before i buy or pass. i have ordered once before and they sent wrong size and scratched pair, so i sent it back. problem with that was the pair i ordered was a limited release much like the majority of my sneakers, so the store was sold out leaving me without a pair.

Lucky u Curtdiggs

Wish I had it like that

Well, Im good with the SM at FNL in my mall, but they dont get jack **** anyway

Last edited:
That's why I said I'm not knocking anyone who buys retros...

I was lucky enough to watch MJ while at UNC, both Team USAs, the Chicago Bulls and Wizards *trying to wipe the White Sox ordeal from my mind tho).

Retros are a 'Been there, done that' thing to me...but that's cause I'm an older cat. I know some younger dudes feel as tho the retros are new to them.

And a lot of my originals are still wearable, which really kills the need for a retro for me.
would u agree the design of the retros copied from the originals still look good even in 2013 ?

Your analogy is FAIL ! if you pay $500 for a coca cola then that's stupid. You have to use "Common Sense"
didnt say anything about common sense. he said if you like it price dosen't matter. 

I'm saying if you like it or not price still matters. no prob. with my analogy, I agree it's stupid to pay $500 for a coke thats my point: price matters

would u agree the design of the retros copied from the originals still look good even in 2013 ?

OG 80s & 90s design > any retro design...IMO.

Seems like the more times JB retros a shoe, the worse it looks to me. And don't even bring up the Jordan symbol on the back... :x

And now they put "Nike Air" on the 3s, and charge $200 :smh:

Back in the day, those 3s were $90 I believe. And I got them on clearance for $50.

Times have definitely changed...

New pick up
CLEAN!!!

All Day Long
Youre right

I guess my time is up, cuz I dont see myself really buying anymore Jordans

Dont even wear what I do have, much less buy this new old stuff
Lucky u Curtdiggs

Wish I had it like that

Well, Im good with the SM at FL in my mall, but they dont get jack **** anyway
yeah man i buy into a bit of everythin - js new and retro, foams, new kobe+lebron+kd, hyperdunk 2012 and the odd am90 and am95 here and there lol 2 many nice kicks out there to be stuck loyal to just 1 particular line.  i dont often double up on shoes but even then like u i dont get to wear some of my shoes

Not even a lace swap can help those elites

Invalid Flow I feel u

Ive been venturing out into other models as well

Fell in love when I came across this Kobe 8 tho

Now have 4 pair, well 3 really, not keeping Easters

Well 2 really, for now, sulfurs havent got here yet

Last edited:
Been a while since i posted...here is my kobe collection.

The three in middle are customs solids...no rear shozokus (colormatched).  I like it better without any logo under the heelcup.  Looks more like an old kobe shoe.

why not?!...since nike wont give us solid uppers.
why would u do that to bhms....
sick.gif

was hoping for better colorblocking on the elites but so far they not impressing me.  Def not feeling the superhero blue green combo.

^^^  i dunno, BHMs arent an everyday shoe to me...I can rock my Blackedout BHM with anything now.  i aint a youngster no more...ultra flashy shoes arent my style nowadays.  I toned it down because i like the kobe 8, just not most of the colorways.  As you can see, easters and ASGs still factory laced tight...they are a part of my ever-growing sneaker collection, but I prolly aint rockin those.

somebody gonna say the same thing about the easter solids for sure.

Last edited:
Same exact thing I though, except those VII's look better.

I'll wait to reserve my final judgement till I see Hi-Res pictures. I would like to see some Elites that are the same as those "Aways", except in white.
wore VIIs today... got home, switched to sulfurs nuff said

Back
Top Bottom