Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

View media item 383965
just picked this up. Prada Luna Rossa. Great summer fragrance, esp for those of you in very warm climates. The projection and longevity is decent. It is fair smelling. First spray hits you with a burst of lavender and citrus, but its not overpowering at all. kind of faint, leaves you smelling your wrist all day lol. Lasts about 4-6 hrs on me before i need to re-spray. But its a summer frag, so i dont mind. It smells better when you are in a warm area, it gets noticed more. Downside is that it is kind of costly esp since its relatively new, so look for deals. Also, some may like a bolder scent, this has lavender, and it is not super strong ..

I would recommend though, it can def be a signature scent for the summer!
Lady at Nordstrom recommended this and I liked it.

I asked for 5 :smile:lol) sample bottles (different colognes) to use, can't wait to use them!

Last edited:
^^^

I've seen it get great reviews.

Funny, I was going to ask that in here as well, but everything I see online is positive already, so I just need to find a place to test it out.

Copped this yesterday.
pimp.gif

Givenchy-Play-Intense.jpg

One of my favorites...

I need to buy a new bottle of SOMETHING this weekend. Just finished both my Gucci and Canali.

I never get a good sense of the smell in stores when sampling. I think it's some over-sensory thing I have going on with all the other smells in the air. :lol:

^If you go to Nordstrom they have those empty little sample viles . Just fill up 5-6 of random fragrances and when u go home then smell em Nd check it out .

If those sample viles or tubes aren't in sight then ask a clerk and she will pull some out for u. Just act like ur interested in certain fragrances and they won't care how many you fill up.
It is hard to smell perfumes in store because the stores smell like 10000 diff scents already due to everyone spraying random stuff/air conditioner/ BO etc

^^^

I've seen it get great reviews.

Funny, I was going to ask that in here as well, but everything I see online is positive already, so I just need to find a place to test it out.

yeah I mean I havent seen any negative reviews on it either, its right around $60 on fragrancenet with a discount code, might just buy it and resell if I dont like it

^If you go to Nordstrom they have those empty little sample viles . Just fill up 5-6 of random fragrances and when u go home then smell em Nd check it out .

If those sample viles or tubes aren't in sight then ask a clerk and she will pull some out for u. Just act like ur interested in certain fragrances and they won't care how many you fill up.
It is hard to smell perfumes in store because the stores smell like 10000 diff scents already due to everyone spraying random stuff/air conditioner/ BO etc

Good looks on that.

Sampling colognes in stores is the worst for me.

said **** it and just ordered the pure malt
also ordered ysl l'homme and nautica voyage
came out to $135.54, not too bad, free shipping too
also 6% back with ebates

Last edited:
The prada one up there I like a lot, but only gripe is that it smells slightly feminine. Even my girl said so :lol:.

I got 4 more to test out, we'll see!

When I purchased the L'Eau D'Issey Summer from Fragrence.net it came with a sample of Exceptional..because you are

I kinda like it, anyone ever try it?

Cartier whatever (big lengthy bottle) is a no go with the lady. Smells ok to me though.

Next!

Pure Malt is quite good.. From opening to drydown I get barreled whiskey, berries, and creamy vanilla.. Doesn't last or project on my skin as well as others.

I have a bottle of Pure Malt. Surprisingly wasn't worn very often this past fall/winter. Only really used in more casual settings when I went out. Couldn't beat any of my 'night out' type scents

^^^

What were the "night out" scents you were rocking with instead?

When I purchased the L'Eau D'Issey Summer from Fragrence.net it came with a sample of Exceptional..because you are

I kinda like it, anyone ever try it?

That sample has been in every fragrancenet order I've placed for like the last 5 years!

And I still haven't tried it.

Last edited:
really don't mean to hijack this thread, but I need to get a perfume for someone.. whats the best scent out there right now?

Mont Blanc legend __________ (it was like a revised, lighter version)...It's okay. I feel like taking a shower just to test the rest out :lol:

^^^

That sample has been in every fragrancenet order I've placed for like the last 5 years!

It's terrible, it's on par with a St Ides 40

^^^

Lol I'm on that boat too. I throw that sample out every time.

But my night out scents almost always lean on the 'sexier' side so DHI and YSL's La Nuit were constantly on deck. If not those..usually New Haarlem or maybe even One Million if I was feeling extra wreckless that night.

I think getting a sample of Frappin 1270 ruined Pure Malt for me. Doesn't project nearly as well but the overall smell is just a much better version of it, to my nose.

I need to try New Haarlem already.

I usually get anything I can't get from fragrancenet at Macys since I have a relative that works there and gets a discount. But they don't carry Bond No. 9.

Need to hit up Saks or Bloomingdales.

Def try before you buy. The only dislike I ever hear from is it's too 'sickly' sweet for some people. Personally, I love it. I get a lot of the lavender from it on my skin and thats what tones down the sweetness for me. Always a compliment getter in my books.

Order from fragrancenet and use the 20% off. I wouldn't recommend for the spring and summer though.

^^^

Def gonna try it first. Haven't seen it up on Fragrancenet in a while though.

EDIT: I searched colognes. It's a parfum and it's up there.....

I remember when Spicebomb was the talk of the town. I tried a mad sample once and it was OK. Nobody ******g with that anymore?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom