***Official Political Discussion Thread***

And what, exactly, do you think? The scum terrorist that did that to Heather Heyer can't blame anyone's tweets or political rhetoric for his behavior. White supremacy isn't new. It was here long before Trump's tweets. And the scumbags that buy into that ideology aren't victims of political rhetoric.

They're not unwilling participants; they welcome that message, and the fact that it comes straight from the White house gives them the courage they wouldn't have had with a different administration. By looking at the action from the sidelines, you and anyone else who does it are very much complicit in the normalizing the right wing extremist message.

One Nazi that turned out to be a terrorist

Surrounded by other Nazis, who some might call......very fine people.

Maybe they should have brought some of those "2nd amendment folks" Trump asked to stop Hillary.

-Like I said, tacit support.

And, true to form, your shtick of marrying my positions to the words of others. I generally feel that anyone who unlawfully uses violence or intimidation to advance an ideology is a terrorist.

And in regards to the "very fine people" comment I just assumed that he wasn't referring to Nazis when he made that comment. Mostly because he has condemned the Nazis and white supremacy on multiple occasions prior to and after Charlottesville. His daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren are jewish... you think he is a Nazi supporter/sympathizer? Seems odd.

Again, you and the Dems should try different tactics. Actually engage and have substantive conversations instead of attempting to disparage.

They're not unwilling participants; they welcome that message, and the fact that it comes straight from the White house gives them the courage they wouldn't have had with a different administration. By looking at the action from the sidelines, you and anyone else who does it are very much complicit in the normalizing the right wing extremist message.

The White House has condemned white supremacy consistently. Trump signed a resolution condemning white supremacy and all forms of bigotry. He unequivocally disavowed David Duke on several occasions.

Following Charlottesville Trump stated:

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, Neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”

This isn't merely "looking from the sidelines." Scumbags and terrorist aren't victims of tweets. Pushing that narrative is ridiculous.

Everyone that whines about the Democrats not doing enough, or has a friend that does on immigration and others issues needs to read this short piece.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/24/16927834/daca-deal-blame-game

Simply put, stop blaming the Dems for the actions of the Republicans. Republicans are the ones that have tanked any sort of positive immigration reform over the past few years.

It beyond idiotic to not show up for the Dems on election day (every election) then complain about them now fighting for your issue. They can't help if they don't have enough power.

That goes for other issues too.
Thanks for sharing. I was lit yesterday when I posted that nonsense.

The White House has condemned white supremacy consistently. Trump signed a resolution condemning white supremacy and all forms of bigotry. He unequivocally disavowed David Duke on several occasions.

Following Charlottesville Trump stated:

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, Neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”

This isn't merely "looking from the sidelines." Scumbags and terrorist aren't victims of tweets. Pushing that narrative is ridiculous.

In other words, Donald Trump did a lot of TALKING.

Meanwhile,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...sident-encourage-elevated-cause-a7711801.html

and

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/every-moment-donald-trumps-long-complicated-history-race from 1973 to 2018. These are public, recorded events.

This is banana republic governing at its finest: "he didn't support or advocate [insert despicable policy] because HE SAID SO"

Scumbags and terrorist aren't victims of tweets. Pushing that narrative is ridiculous.

The only person doing this is you

And what, exactly, do you think? The scum terrorist that did that to Heather Heyer can't blame anyone's tweets or political rhetoric for his behavior. White supremacy isn't new. It was here long before Trump's tweets. And the scumbags that buy into that ideology aren't victims of political rhetoric.

I think the surge of white supremacist violence that we have seen in the last couple of years is not a coincidence or anomaly born from the ether.

They idolize Trump. He is "their" President. Ask them yourself.

You can call them scumbags all day long, but your constant efforts to shield their idol from criticism makes you an ally to them. They love folks like you.

I think the surge of white supremacist violence that we have seen in the last couple of years is not a coincidence or anomaly born from the ether.

They idolize Trump. He is "their" President. Ask them yourself.

You can call them scumbags all day long, but your constant efforts to shield their idol from criticism makes you an ally to them. They love folks like you.

Those same scumbags, terrorists, and idiots lashed out when Obama was elected because they did not want a black man as president. Surely you wouldn't argue that electing a black president emboldened them to the point that he is at fault for their actions? You want to attach Trump to the actions of these vile individuals despite him consistently condemning them and disavowing their leaders.

You obviously don't live in the south. These racists haven't been hiding all these years. The media coverage has changed. But these idiots have been at this for years.

The problem is that while Trump is certainly quite the cancer on his own, he's also a symptom of centuries of (systemic) racism ingrained in society and decades of cultivation through dog whistling.
Who knows what kind of racist demagogue they'll try to vote in next time.

The problem is that while Trump is certainly quite the cancer on his own, he's also a symptom of centuries of (systemic) racism ingrained in society and decades of cultivation through dog whistling.
Who knows what kind of racist demagogue they'll try to vote in next time.
Yup, the truth is many whites believe in and support the xenophobic nonsense that comes out of his mouth.

Those same scumbags, terrorists, and idiots lashed out when Obama was elected because they did not want a black man as president. Surely you wouldn't argue that electing a black president emboldened them to the point that he is at fault for their actions? You want to attach Trump to the actions of these vile individuals despite him consistently condemning them and disavowing their leaders.

You obviously don't live in the south. These racists haven't been hiding all these years. The media coverage has changed. But these idiots have been at this for years.
You're using a strawman argument again. You're acting like anyone is arguing that black people should be blamed for the racism they face.

There is one person in this thread who did in fact argue that though.
Ninja blamed Obama for birtherism and refused to utter any word of criticism for Trump's multi-year participation in it. He did fiercely criticize Hillary even though her involvement in spreading it is alleged and there are no public statements from her in support of it. On the contrary, Trump spent years doing so. I further pressed him on the issue of why he wouldn't utter literally a single word of criticism for Trump's involvement in birtherism and even if the assumption of Hillary's involvement in spreading it were taken into account, which would be a racist action, it would pale in scale compared to Trump's involvement.
I also noted that if that allegation were true, it would be a racist act of course. He repelled those questions by blaming Obama for birtherism and when pressed again he repeatedly stated that he couldn't answer me because he failed to understand the question due to my English. Coincidentally he was the only one who seemed to have a problem understanding it. Eventually he gave in and answered but only to state that "da voters had a chance to hold him accountable b".

You're using a strawman argument again. You're acting like anyone is arguing that black people should be blamed for the racism they face.

There is one person in this thread who did in fact argue that though.
Ninja blamed Obama for birtherism and refused to utter any word of criticism for Trump's multi-year participation in it. He did fiercely criticize Hillary even though her involvement in spreading it is alleged and there are no public statements from her in support of it. On the contrary, Trump spent years doing so. I further pressed him on the issue of why he wouldn't utter literally a single word of criticism for Trump's involvement in birtherism and even if the assumption of Hillary's involvement in spreading it were taken into account, which would be a racist action, it would pale in scale compared to Trump's involvement.
I also noted that if that allegation were true, it would be a racist act of course. He repelled those questions by blaming Obama for birtherism and when pressed again he repeatedly stated that he couldn't answer me because he failed to understand the question due to my English. Coincidentally he was the only one who seemed to have a problem understanding it. Eventually he gave in and answered but only to state that "da voters had a chance to hold him accountable b".

That isn't my argument. OF COURSE black people aren't responsible for racism. That is my entire point. In fact, my statement was made to show how ridiculous the argument that Trump is at fault for scumbag racist, terrorist idiots that have been doing this nonsense long before trump and who will continue long after trump. Despite him continuously condemning them and disavowing their leaders.

Also, I ain't Ninja.

lupe1.png

doubt this happens

He gave himself a bit of a way out with "but I'll speak to my lawyers" earlier in January.
I'd note that Trump actually has a pretty good history of being under oath, certainly for how many times he's been in court. However I also think he has seen a very drastic decline in his cognitive abilities in the past year or 2. Only seems to be getting worse at this rate.
When you look at interviews from a year like 2013 for example, it's a very stark difference. You can see the same kind of mannerisms, views, his favorite words, ... but it's all packaged far more coherently. If he were to be put under oath I wouldn't be confident with that if I was his lawyer. 5 years ago yes but now not so much

I'll just defer to you on what makes scumbag racists do things. You seem to know a lot about it.
I know ALL about how Obummer RUINED my country and DESTROYED decades of progress on race relations.

To him it was ALL about identity politics. What a failure of a president. Trump inherited a DISASTER BUT THANK THE GOOD LORD HE GAVE UP HIS BILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY LIFESTYLE AND BECAME A PUBLIC SERVANT to rescue us from disgusting Africans and Haitians and their ****HOLE mentalities.

COAL BROTHERS, I am offering complementary fight training services for you in our inevitable fight against Libbie SNOWFLAKES. In training, you will learn how to work off the jab in the early rounds, how to use lateral movement to dodge LIBBIE CONJECTURE AND INNUENDO and proper fire setting techniques when things get bad. AMAZING.

Look at whywesteppin DESTROYING Rusty. We worked on combination punching in training camp and the results speak for themselves.

tumblr_ml9iw8Kgxn1r83l0ao1_400.gif

Back
Top Bottom