***Official Political Discussion Thread***

any phantom fantasy that somehow donald trump is good for the black community, even on aggregate, should be utterly and completely eradicated by now dwalk31 dwalk31

that’s my opinion and that’s all i’ll be posting online until tuesday washes away and wednesday rolls around. peace.

There's one last remaining domino, which I don't even want to utter because it would be a devastating, long-lasting blow for years or decades to come. Along the lines of Vietnam, Iraq....
1591089540698.gif

What’s the final blow?

Incompetence and instigation worsened both the pandemic and the protests.

Everything we were worried about with Trump has come to be true.

There's one last remaining domino, which I don't even want to utter because it would be a devastating, long-lasting blow for years or decades to come. Along the lines of Vietnam, Iraq....

Didnt that late domino fall last night? It seemed to me that Trump declared war on America

If we’re talking about how Hillary Clinton would have handled the uprisings, I can’t imagine a very different response materially. Clinton would be limited by the same power of capital that guides Trump. Clinton would do what ever Democratic governor and mayor has done, used force to protect private property.
I believe we wouldn't have gotten to this point under Clinton. The riots are a culmination of Trump's rhetoric, the GOP making it hard for Main St to survive during the Covid crisis, the dismantlement of the many mechanisms that would've allowed us to respond better to the surge of cases, and the dismantlement of all the police reform plans Obama started. All the above are directly tied to the incompetence of this administration.

Sounds like they're 'concerned' and perturbed word to Lindsey, evidently not enough to stop being complicit and resign or put their name on record though >D

It may sound stupid but resigning isn’t going to help the issue. Quitting so there isn’t a dissenting voice isn’t going to help the cause and it certainly isn’t going to change the mind of the dwalk31 dwalk31 of the world. These dudes made up their minds a long time ago, we need to hope the adults stay in the room

It may sound stupid but resigning isn’t going to help the issue. Quitting so there isn’t a dissenting voice isn’t going to help the cause and it certainly isn’t going to change the mind of the dwalk31 dwalk31 of the world. These dudes made up their minds a long time ago, we need to hope the adults stay in the room

Being a dissenting voice from the shadows while still working day to day under one of the most destructive admins in the modern era isn't that much of a stand either IMO if they won't even go on record with their gripes and concerns when high profile members of his cabinet have done just that in the past.

The most sensible careerists who worked in the executive branch under both parties likely resigned or retired a long time ago. The remaining ones don't get props for feigning outrage anonymously while still willingly associating themselves with the current dumpster fire.

I saw recently that some of the old guard were under threat of being unseated by black candidates. But have had trouble finding specifically who and would like to donate. Any suggestions?

Are any of these bipedal fedoras still claiming that "racism is just a function of classism" or are they all waiting to hear it from a source they actually trust, like the ghost of Antonio Gramsci?

I'm trying to catch up on this thread.

- Freedom is a multifaceted thing and sometimes one type of freedom clashes with another type of freedom. In this case, Trump is making the left's argument that unlimited freedom for private property suppresses the freedom of the individual.

- Dovetailing off of the first point, who elected Mark Zuckerberg? With Trump fighting Zuckerberg we see the deficiencies of our political democracy (Trump won with a minority share of votes) and our deficiency of economic democracy. It is most visible when we look at these big, monopolistic silicon valley players but its the case with every private firm. Unless you work for a true worker co cop, your boss was not elected and meaningful decisions are not made at the workplace by the majority of workers, that's autocracy.
I'd say Trump's argument is more akin to that expressed by the freedom fighters in this video:

Much of Trumpworld exists in a state of perpetual adolescence. "You can't tell me what to do government/Costco/common decency/doctors/twitter, you're not my real dad!"

As for Zuckerberg, fault everyone who continues to use a Facebook product while alternatives yet exist, combined with the abject failure of contemporary antitrust enforcement and inadequate regulatory response from a Congress principally composed of Facebook's primary demographic, old people perplexed by technology:

RgRtqhQVMPApg5ps6rBmUhccrro=.gif

There's really a group that follows a movement titled "Boogaloo"?

Holy. It's an actual extremist following that want to ignite a second Civil War. Unbelievable.

preventIng 20 9/11s by voting for a presidency that will actually have an office of pandemic prevention is fairly compelling.
More compelling than preventing $20,911 in an additional tax burden?

Asking for an acquaintance.

B4138B7E-D01D-4EEC-AD36-2BD9F473AE15.jpeg

dwalk31 dwalk31 waiting for that invite to the revolution
Perhaps this will convince them:
AF1.jpg

Feeling sorta bad for Delk.

Trump making so hard for a brotha to be morally bankrupt in peace.
le-sigh.png

I believe we wouldn't have gotten to this point under Clinton. The riots are a culmination of Trump's rhetoric, the GOP making it hard for Main St to survive during the Covid crisis, the dismantlement of the many mechanisms that would've allowed us to respond better to the surge of cases, and the dismantlement of all the police reform plans Obama started. All the above are directly tied to the incompetence of this administration.

Terrible take. Riots occurred prior to Trump and will continue after he is no longer in office.

Systemic racism, against black people in particular, did not begin with Trump.

It did not even increase under Trump.

Perhaps people who lived in a sheltered bubble now have it more in their face, but the reality has been here.

As rexanglorum rexanglorum stated, and as the governors and mayors have shown, there is no reason to assume another administration wouldn't take a tough on crime stance in response to looting.

But as MLK said, and I agree, riots are the voice of the unheard.

I agree that this is a "perfect" storm due to mass layoffs related to COVID, but if that same cop did the same thing under any administration I would expect a similar response.

We need substantive police reform.

any phantom fantasy that somehow donald trump is good for the black community, even on aggregate, should be utterly and completely eradicated by now dwalk31 dwalk31

that’s my opinion and that’s all i’ll be posting online until tuesday washes away and wednesday rolls around. peace.

I respect your opinion.

I will advance only the distinction of "better" instead of "good" when compared to the alternative.

Terrible take. Riots occurred prior to Trump and will continue after he is no longer in office.

Perhaps people who lived in a sheltered bubble now have it more in their face, but the reality has been here.

As rexanglorum rexanglorum stated, and as the governors and mayors have shown, there is no reason to assume another administration wouldn't take a tough on crime stance in response to looting.

I agree that this is a "perfect" storm due to mass layoffs related to COVID, but if that same cop did the same thing under any administration I would expect a similar response.

Did not increase?

You mean since the focus of Barr at AG ISNT ON CRIMES OF THAT NATURE.

We also need less of your fake outrage, less of your fake concern for African Americans, less of your justifications for Trumps record of racist speech and actions, and more of you flipping burgers instead of posting.

did not even increase under Trump
Lololololololol

You call my take terrible?

You're purposely ignoring the point I made about law enforcement reforms that Obama started and that Trump's administration eliminated. You're not even honest enough to recognize that.

Your entire reply is nothing more than an attempt to excuse every single Trump **** up.

Party of personal responsibility my ***.

Back
Top Bottom