Official Reebok Kamikaze II Thread AKA "Reignmans"

YES! Foot locker put my order on backorder so i was able to cancel it, then put used a expiring reward card, a 25$ gift card, plus a 10$ off to make it 50 bucks at finishline. Now i can get the OG 3's on wed.

Last edited:
Reebok needs to RELAX.

I said it before and I'll say it again - these dudes are on track to become relevant and irrelevant in the same year. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to be flooding the market with whack colourways regardless of how cheap it is to manufacture these joints or their MSRP.

When your brand has been a joke for the past decade you need to steadily build it up with quality releases.

Not feeling the new colors.
But if they're released in kids size n my son likes them. I'd cop for him

http://sneakernews.com/2013/02/04/reebok-kamikaze-ii-upcoming-colorways/
reebok-kamikaze-ii-upcoming-colorways-02.jpg

reebok-kamikaze-ii-upcoming-colorways-01.jpg

discuss?

Hell to the NO :x :x :x

Reebok needs to RELAX.

I said it before and I'll say it again - these dudes are on track to become relevant and irrelevant in the same year. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to be flooding the market with whack colourways regardless of how cheap it is to manufacture these joints or their MSRP.

When your brand has been a joke for the past decade you need to steadily build it up with quality releases.

Lets be real here, who cares. Got my Kemps. Ill be getting that knicks colorway and the literal "reignman" colorway as well. I dont think too many colorways is gonna hurt the retro comeback, if the shoes are dope they are dope, whatever colors dont sell just wont sell.

this is sad. just stick with the original materials used. we dont need shiny **** and clear soles. nubuck and leather. if you want to do a knicks colorway just replace a white navy shoe with royal nubuck and use orange thread and accents. its not hard.

would have been dope if there was a white/ carolina pair.

i think people on niketalk can photoshop better colorways than the **** they are releasing

the tennis balls should have used the michael changs as a template of how to go with the colorway..

jesus who runs these shoe companies?

Just an FYI on the OG CW from Reebok. I inquired via their email service and was told:
The Kamikaze II re-release was a special edition with limited quantities.  Unfortunately, we do not have any more available and we will not be restocking this item.  

this is sad. just stick with the original materials used. we dont need shiny **** and clear soles. nubuck and leather. if you want to do a knicks colorway just replace a white navy shoe with royal nubuck and use orange thread and accents. its not hard.

would have been dope if there was a white/ carolina pair.

i think people on niketalk can photoshop better colorways than the **** they are releasing

the tennis balls should have used the michael changs as a template of how to go with the colorway..

jesus who runs these shoe companies?
I think the idea is different strokes for for different folks with these. They satisfy the collector who wants em for nostalgia with the OG's.  and they release some crazy colorways so the kids rock em and they have doubled the amount of people checking for Reebok.

Reebok needs to RELAX.

word, they bought to play em out
laugh.gif

I think the idea is different strokes for for different folks with these. They satisfy the collector who wants em for nostalgia with the OG's.  and they release some crazy colorways so the kids rock em and they have doubled the amount of people checking for Reebok.

That's definitely what they've been going for, but I think what people are saying is that most of these wild colorways aren't particularly well done. The tennis ball/volt colorway I personally like just because of the way that the contrast stitching and color blocking plays on the zig zag, but the rest are pretty :x :x :x The Pike's Place colorway is about the extent that they should've gone in this round if you were to ask my opinion. It's a good inspiration, it's flashy without being totally ridiculous (for what I mean by totally ridiculous see the All Star Game Lebron X), and it can be worn well with any number of outfits.

Unfortunately for Reebok they do not have the hype machine that Nike does. Most of these colorways aren't going to be 8 AM sellouts and campouts so they have to be very well done and well placed on blogs, twitter, instagram, and with celebrities. If Reebok floods the market there will be no hype for most people in having these sneakers, and that is a huge seller in todays market. Nostalgia can only get you so far, and right now a company needs to ride on hype. Reebok's at risk of losing the hype built up by the initial OG Sonics release.

That's definitely what they've been going for, but I think what people are saying is that most of these wild colorways aren't particularly well done. The tennis ball/volt colorway I personally like just because of the way that the contrast stitching and color blocking plays on the zig zag, but the rest are pretty
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
The Pike's Place colorway is about the extent that they should've gone in this round if you were to ask my opinion. It's a good inspiration, it's flashy without being totally ridiculous (for what I mean by totally ridiculous see the All Star Game Lebron X), and it can be worn well with any number of outfits.

Unfortunately for Reebok they do not have the hype machine that Nike does. Most of these colorways aren't going to be 8 AM sellouts and campouts so they have to be very well done and well placed on blogs, twitter, instagram, and with celebrities. If Reebok floods the market there will be no hype for most people in having these sneakers, and that is a huge seller in todays market. Nostalgia can only get you so far, and right now a company needs to ride on hype. Reebok's at risk of losing the hype built up by the initial OG Sonics release.
Agreed I love Pikes Place/ Oscars. And these last couple have been pretty bad but at the same time it looks like this is the strategy for RBK release a  coveted silo in a few good colors build hype  and then churn and burn that while hyping up the next  silo (Shaqnosis in this case)

These colorways are disheartening. Reebok had been paying a little too much attention to its archrival I see. Straight knifing this classic. Oh well, ill grab my OGs colors and now gracefully out.

I copped the sonics, blk and wht, and the blk and red I'm done didn't really like the Allstars in person bet they hit clearance too.

My son copped the oskars and there nice but I'm sticking with the ogs for now.

Back
Top Bottom