Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they VERY much look leather and when you touch them they even have a leather exterior but that a layer of thin leather over Adidas' version of their hyper fuse technology, forget what thats called. But how do you justify doing what Nike is so highly criticized about, Rose now has the most expensive Adidas basketball shoe in the company's history if I'm not mistaken at $160. Thats a $40 increase over last years $120 version (Lei Feng 2.5 did retail at $140)...
Naw, they had the Adidas 1.1 that retailed at two hundy, the joints with the chip that adjust the cushioning as you ball. I still have two pairs of those, and they are leather with synth overlays. 

I am going to see the new Rose today, but the stuff they use is called Sprintskin.

MY FOLKS?

I simply like their shoes...but at least they aren't selling plastic for a buck sixty.

I'm just implying.

Anyways, like Peru said, it has plastic in them. I like some of their shoes and the Rose III too but $160 and even the price for the Crazy Lights are a reach.

I'm just implying.
Anyways, like Peru said, it has plastic in them. I like some of their shoes and the Rose III too but $160 and even the price for the Crazy Lights are a reach.
Having plastic in them, does not mean that it is a shoe that is made entirely out of plastic, as with LeBron's shoe.

Fair enough but you go see the Rose 3 in person today and tell me the $40 price increase is justified after one year...
Hey, if the quality and details are on point, yeah, I can see it.

If they are NOT well constructed, no way.

Isn't it pointless to have a Nike+ Ready version when it's not gonna have the chip (see picture below) that measures your vertical and whatnot. I assume it's gonna use the same kind of sensor (not Sport pack sensor) that is used on other Nike+ Ready shoes with the slot under the middle of the midsole? So you're gonna have to spend more for the sensor (MSRP $19), if you don't have one. It just tracks your time, distance, pace, etc. I doubt ppl will use the Nike+ feature on a basketball shoe to track those things. I might be over thinking this since there isn't much info yet but it's food for thought. Discuss.
132833615886771.jpg
I think the + Ready system is going to have the chip in them, but not all the sensors and/or adapters that come with it. So its like 20 for the chip, and 70 for the rest of the stuff.

This pricing structure is confusing as hell! I can only imagine what it's gonna be like for the store employees with a mad rush of peeps wanting to try on and check out the options.

Boy, Nike is yanking that chain...

...where are all those guys, Nike Dealer and the rest, those who were berating my comments against Nike and these shoes now?

Why is it so strangely quiet?
Aww cmon man!!! I'm quiet bc I got what I wanted. I understand the price hikes for what they are, and Nike did the right thing in allowing us to NOT have to buy a dongle/adapter kit with each X+ shoe. I broke down the price way earlier in this thread. $180 base (it is what it is), $200 for X+ without sensors ($20 extra for sensor bed in the shoe) and $290(at the time now $270) for the dongles/adapters. The dongles and adapters all total up to $100 MSRP. 

I wonder if Nike read my post earlier in this thread and actually used it. 
laugh.gif
 Doubtful.

Last edited:
Aww cmon man!!! I'm quiet bc I got what I wanted. I understand the price hikes for what they are, and Nike did the right thing in allowing us to NOT have to buy a dongle/adapter kit with each X+ shoe. I broke down the price way earlier in this thread. $180 base (it is what it is), $200 for X+ without sensors ($20 extra for sensor bed in the shoe) and $290(at the time now $270) for the dongles/adapters. The dongles and adapters all total up to $100 MSRP. 

I wonder if Nike read my post earlier in this thread and actually used it. 
laugh.gif
 Doubtful.
Ya'll really, really, really use selective reasoning in regard to Nike product...
laugh.gif

I don't get it...180 for the reg, 200 for the +ready, and 270 for the +...I just wanna know who in they right mind is gonna go straight for the 270 when you have a clean shot @ the 200 pair??? But, if this is the case, then the resellers lose w/ this shoe...HAHAHAHA
In the end we all lose. We dont need this nike + tech if were just hanging out in these for casual wear.

i like the USA cw, cws can really make or break this shoe (see the bred wackness)

that said 180 or 200 is alot, let alone 270

will cop the GM kd4 and kb7 on the 29th, would like to cop these brons as well but we will see.... depends largely on what the 180 cw is

Ill spend the $200 and copp the Plus version.

AND the only reason why Nike did this was because of the media backlash of the proposed $315 shoe. We need to MORE media backlash on other upcoming shoes :lol:
Nah we don't need more media backlash on sneaks dudes need to get their finanicals up. Big things like healthcare everyday living stuff that some common people cant afford backlash all day but material things nope.

Boy, Nike is yanking that chain...

...where are all those guys, Nike Dealer and the rest, those who were berating my comments against Nike and these shoes now?

Why is it so strangely quiet?
I dont get it.. what am I supposed to be talking about?

What comments pertaining to Lebron of yours did I berate?  The chastising of anyone buying it?  It being plastic?  The Price tag?  Adi is better?

Please refresh my memory in 3 quotes or less please lol

I think the + Ready system is going to have the chip in them, but not all the sensors and/or adapters that come with it. So its like 20 for the chip, and 70 for the rest of the stuff.

Silly me I thought the chip costs more than $20 so I figure they were going the cheaper route and go with the standard Nike+ Ready setup. I guess they are planning on which colorways will be repackaged without the Sport Pack sensors/adapter.

It should be fun those going through a metal detector while wearing the the X with a chip(there is metal right?) in the shoes. Imagine the shoes going through an airport x-ray machine. :wow: :lol: You got some explaining to do! :rofl:

Silly me I thought the chip costs more than $20 so I figure they were going the cheaper route and go with the standard Nike+ Ready setup. I guess they are planning on which colorways will be repackaged without the Sport Pack sensors/adapter.
It should be fun those going through a metal detector while wearing the the X with a chip(there is metal right?) in the shoes. Imagine the shoes going through an airport x-ray machine. :wow: :lol: You got some explaining to do! :rofl:

I was thinking about that on 9/11, could you imagine the stir you would cause with the security thinking you got a shoe bomb, especially somebody with the slightest middle eastern decent. Talk about a potential lawsuit cuz you no damn well they will tackle you and taser them shoes off your feet...then apologize later.

Aren't you supposed to take your shoes off and put them in the X-ray machine from jump?

In the end we all lose. We dont need this nike + tech if were just hanging out in these for casual wear.

You can save even more $$$ if your NOT playing ball in your shoes
BUY fake shoes bc you won't be able to tell the diff in the performance of the shoes
Fakes kill your feet when u play in them (I got burned when I first started buying Jordan's)

That way, those of us that want to use our shoes, can FIND a pair to buy

if you dont like them, leave them on the shelf. i dont get why people are trying to convince others that nike or adidas is better/worse.

i dont buy adidas because their designs SUCK BALLS, and thats that.

again, i think basketball technology, or shoe technology past a certain point is a gimmick anyway.

Last edited:
So the $200 version is $20 more for the jeweled swoosh, lace locks, and capability to add in your Nike + sensors... is it worth the $20 hike over the "standard version"? Probably not, but a lot better than shelling out an extra $90 for the complete jeweled/lace lock look.

Nike is probably certain 8/10 customers will opt to buy the $200 version and care less about the + sensor, rather than the $270 version. They're probably hoping a.) having a + ready shoe on your feet will eventually convince you to buy a full version to use and b.) the "premium" limited fancy-package $270 version will attract the usual hypebeasts.

Aren't you supposed to take your shoes off and put them in the X-ray machine from jump?

Yeah you do, just used that as an example. There are metal detectors in some building that you don't need to take off your shoes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom