Official Rockets (55-27) Season Thread-5th place, HCA

Rafer sucks, I'm sure Rockets fans will agree with me. You guys really need to play Francis, but Rick Adelman (sp?) was the dude that benched GeraldWallace and Kevin Martin IIRC?

Luther Head with that HORRIBLE shot. Yao cooking with gas and Looth comes and shoots that dumb 20 footer??

The refs also made a disgusting call against the Rockets with that "kick ball" against Yao.
smh.gif

Can we please get Stevie some burn??

It was a good game. Seems like all these nationally televised Rockets games are good games to watch. We can do it again next Wed. on ESPN vs. Dallas.
laugh.gif

As for the game, it looks as if Rafer has any sort of hope scoring, it's going to be him driving it to the rack like he was doing. He was actuallyeffective driving to the hoop. Anything other than that though, brick city. Plus seriously, his tear drop runners go in like two out of ten times.
alien.gif

But, he has to start. He's the only PG on the team who can run this offense.

Spurs also did a good job of putting Oberto on Yao, as he was giving him fits. That's the way to defend Yao, really. Be physical and front him. Duncandidn't in the 4th, and as a result, Yao started hitting shots.

Very good to see Scola have his coming out party. Dude was lights out tonight. I remember when Yao first came into the league, and after he had his comingout party against the Mavericks I think, he really never looked back. Hopefully it's the same for Scola.

Bonzi didn't step up, even though he usually is a 'Spurs killer'
tired.gif

A winable game and good overall effort, but the Rockets just came up short.

Ohh well. We move forward.

Better luck tomorrow against Phoenix.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

-Offense isn't perfected yet.
-Horrid shooting display from everyone not named Yao/Tracy.
-Slacking defense

I like how JVG had Yao come out on picks and screens and trail the ballhandler, rather then fall back in the lane and allow the handler to penetrate. Oh well.Adleman has his reasons.

these Argentina are damn soft. Scola be flopping all over the place. He's teaching Yao how to flop.

^^^I don't know if you knew but if your talking about Yao taking charges then thats Battier doing. Everyone in the Rockets know how because of him.

From Yahoo!

Nov 17
Rockets coach Rick Adelman said McGrady (elbow) is likely to play in Houston's next game, against Dallas on Wednesday, the HoustonChronicle reports. "He really wants to play and I really want him to play," Adelman said.

I'd rather him sit out as well for three reasons.

1) I'd rather him play at full strength against the Mavericks.
2) If we win, it'll be slightly tainted since he's not 100%
3) If we lose, yall will bash on the Mavericks even harder since he's not completely healthy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I'd actually prefer he sat out another game or two.

he was ready to go v. the suns and they kept him out as a precaution. so another 3 days rest aren't enough?

rox need him and they need him BADLY.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'd rather him sit out as well for three reasons.

1) I'd rather him play at full strength against the Mavericks.
2) If we win, it'll be slightly tainted since he's not 100%
3) If we lose, yall will bash on the Mavericks even harder since he's not completely healthy.
laugh.gif

he'll be near 100% so that's good enough.

if we lose, it's not on tmac. it's on the team is so freakin slow as hell to learn the offense and adelman is still not set on a certain true lineupyet since all the guards are strugglin like hell.

if we lose in feb/march/april to u guys near the playoffs, then that's a problem.

too bad we face u so early. but it's a good litmus test.

TMAC will play on wednesday but it's actually a "SLIGHTLY TORN LIGAMENT" on his elbow rather than a sprain. is it serious?

McGrady returns, bringing news (good and bad)

Tracy McGrady went through practice and extra shooting and happily looked to Wednesday's game against the Dallas Maverickswith a declaration of "I'm playing."

Then he dropped a bit of less encouraging news.

He said he felt good on the court, with little discomfort, but nothing he considered pain. But while talking about his injury,he said it was a slightly "torn ligament" in his elbow, rather than the sprain as the Rockets have called it since the MRI Wednesday night.

"This was one of the weirdest injuries I've had in my career," McGrady said. "If it was on my left arm, I still would (have been) out there playing, but because it wason my shooting arm and had a slight tear in there, they wanted to prevent being out for a long period of time. It wasjust a minor setback. I'm not worried about it."

Asked to repeat exactly what the injury was, he said "torn ligament."

"I didn't know until the doctors told me (ellipses) last game (on Saturday)," McGrady said."I didn't know that. I don't think it's anything major. It's nothing."

It sounds like something, but for now, was not enough to keep him from practice or the Rockets' next game.

"I feel good," McGrady said. "I'm glad to be back on the basketball court practicing. I wanted to play thelast game, but the doctors kept me out and gave me the opportunity to have three days of rest."

more good news - tmac is going to wear a sleeve ala kobe right now but for his elbow
pimp.gif
289245894.jpg
289245892.jpg
289245890.jpg
289245888.jpg
289245886.jpg

Back
Top Bottom