Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Even before this Soho stuff I always thought Ross was the s**t. I love Marshall's, but that's our only option up here in the northeast. Folks in the south and out west get both options. I found Air Trainer 1 PRMs, Pure Boosts, LBJs, KDs, AM1 PRMs and lots more at Ross during my trip to Florida last year.

Marshall's still has some OK stuff for guys - in the last couple months I've seen Air Python Black/Gum, LBJ 13s, KD8s, lots of SBs, and recently I've seen GR Saucony Grid 9Ks (PB&J, Mint/Black) and the Betta Pack 6Ks for like $30. In fact I just grabbed the yellow Bettas from my Marshall's just a couple days ago. Problem is, it seems TJX corporate is moving away from guys stuff in general for women's & HomeGoods items. If you go into TJ Maxx now there's like 3 racks of guys' clothes, and they've never even carried men's shoes. Marshall's is starting to edge down on their guys' stuff too, it seems. My local store used to have half a wall for guys' clearance shoes, then one full side of a rack, and this week they had literally like just 7 pairs of sz 12+ junk on clearance.

One thing TJ Maxx is really good for, though, are G Shocks. You can grab them for like $55-65 there. And don't forget those Frags and the Red October Air Cruz were apparently popping up at Marshall's, too. You just need to go regularly to catch the good stuff.

How do the bricks fit in comparison to the Taras? I have the Taras in sz 11.5? So I go with the same size? I have a link to a website they seem to be sitting on. Wanted to confirm sizing before I posted the link. 

caught several saucony GRs at marshalls this winter. shadow 5k, 6k, grid 9k, grid sd in many colors for $30. i hit up multiple locations weekly. like goodwill you gotta go often to find stuff. if you only go once you will be disappointed. 

after cleaning and trying to bring nap back best i could

so a couple of weeks ago i pulled these out to wear for fist time. to my surprise both shoes were stained with what looked like a brownish tea/coffee water looking stains. was all over both shoes and only logical reason i could come up with was the brown tissue paper in the box somehow bleed off on the shoes. have never had this issue before so kinda perplexed. oddly enough i pulled shoes out not long ago and did not notice the stains(could have no payed attn. or was not there, not 100% positive). that was around the time that info had come out about the feature bacon/eggs collab(before the release) and i wanted to double check my sizing on the courageous.

with all that said has this happened to anyone else? also if you have a pair of these you may want to check the out and possibly remove the brown tissue paper in the box.

the pic you see now if after my attempt to clean the shoes to try and get the stains out which did not work. did three scrub sessions with two different sneaker cleaners(jason mark twice, air legends once). knowing now that its not coming out i fell i have two options wear them as they are for around the house/beaters or customize them. i was thinkning i could possibly dye them black or navy blue and it shouyld cover the stains. imo navy would look better with the light blue stripe down the midsole. not 100% confident i could complete the job on my own anyone have a idea how much a basic dye on these would run? not trying to drop $120 on a dye job for a $120 shoe.

sorry for super long post but hopefully this may warn someone to check how the are storing their cannon's and prevent the same thing happening to them.

Last edited:
after cleaning and trying to bring nap back best i could

so a couple of weeks ago i pulled these out to wear for fist time. to my surprise both shoes were stained with what looked like a brownish tea/coffee water looking stains. was all over both shoes and only logical reason i could come up with was the brown tissue paper in the box somehow bleed off on the shoes. have never had this issue before so kinda perplexed. oddly enough i pulled shoes out not long ago and did not notice the stains(could have no payed attn. or was not there, not 100% positive). that was around the time that info had come out about the feature bacon/eggs collab(before the release) and i wanted to double check my sizing on the courageous.

with all that said has this happened to anyone else? also if you have a pair of these you may want to check the out and possibly remove the brown tissue paper in the box.

the pic you see now if after my attempt to clean the shoes to try and get the stains out which did not work. did three scrub sessions with two different sneaker cleaners(jason mark twice, air legends once). knowing now that its not coming out i fell i have two options wear them as they are for around the house/beaters or customize them. i was thinkning i could possibly dye them black or navy blue and it shouyld cover the stains. imo navy would look better with the light blue stripe down the midsole. not 100% confident i could complete the job on my own anyone have a idea how much a basic dye on these would run? not trying to drop $120 on a dye job for a $120 shoe.

sorry for super long post but hopefully this may warn someone to check how the are storing their cannon's and prevent the same thing happening to them.

Never had good results with dyeing suede, except when re-dyeing black after it faded a little bit. I'd stick with a darker shade of blue and hope for the best. Also, it's never quite as buttery afterward. Good luck!

Got one of the Ross Footpatrol Soho's off ebay for 295... They dont look that bad at all just two small glue stains. I dont have them in hand yet but I am happy so far, I have come close to spending almost double on em in the past.

Got one of the Ross Footpatrol Soho's off ebay for 295... They dont look that bad at all just two small glue stains. I dont have them in hand yet but I am happy so far, I have come close to spending almost double on em in the past.

Repped, but it's funny when paying so much still feels like a deal, isn't it, lol?

Back
Top Bottom