Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

DAMN DAMN DAMN... one for each out with Ichiro on 3rd.
smh.gif

Even tho the wins aren't coming it's good that Washburn and Bedard are pitching well because that will certainly bring up their trade value. On abright note how about Ichiro, .343 Batting Average and 22 game hit streak. I was listening to today's game on the radio and the the A's broadcaster wascommenting on how extremely rare it is that a leadoff man gets an IBB. But then again no one in the lineup can really hit 'cept Branyan.

Ichiro is the man...Greatest hitter that ever played imo. I think it would awesome if he can break Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak...We can hope right?Either that or hit over .400

there's a reason ichiro is one of two favorite players ever (the other bats third for us and stinks right now...)

^ What, no love for Edgar? I definitely have him up there along with Ichi & Jr.

If Ichiro wasn't such a complete full swinger and took a walk here and there I think he could be in the running to bat .400. But he doesn't like towalk at all like the rest of the Mariners team so that might be hard. But then again I didn't think anyone could've broken the single season hit recordeither. I'm sure he'll get 200 hits again this year but his 100 run streak might sadly end if no one behind him can pick him up.

To me it goes 24,11, and then 51. I love Ichiro to death, but Edgar was the model DH.
Being right handed I tried to imitate Edgar's stance and swing.

^ Yep... As great and gifted baseball player Ichiro is, I also took into account Edgar's loyalty to the team, his work-ethic as a player and, from what Iread, a pretty decent guy to his family and the city of Seattle... which was why I placed him above Ichi. Don't get me wrong I'm as much of an Ichi fanas the next guy...

Morrow = Done. Time to go back to the Minors. Confidence is shot and it's apparent he isn't effective in any sort of relief role.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Morrow = Done. Time to go back to the Minors. Confidence is shot and it's apparent he isn't effective in any sort of relief role.
morrow = bust

edgar is my 4th fave M, behind unit.
happy.gif

good win tonight

From the 'Times Blog...
laugh.gif

By the way, Ken Griffey Jr. has found Ichiro's "tickle spot'' and had him on the ground, during warm-ups, tickling him until Ichiro could be heard crying out in laughter and pleading for him to stop. Tried to get a picture, but missed it. Still, I got the one below. Hopefully, the crew at Lookout Landing can add it to their collection of my shots.

I really hope Morrow can get his act together, but for the time being he belongs in the minor leagues where he won't cost the M's anymore games. Butwow finally the M's get a win with a big clutch hit, way to go!! Now we just need to stay hot and hope Texas cools down.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

From the 'Times Blog...
laugh.gif

By the way, Ken Griffey Jr. has found Ichiro's "tickle spot'' and had him on the ground, during warm-ups, tickling him until Ichiro could be heard crying out in laughter and pleading for him to stop. Tried to get a picture, but missed it. Still, I got the one below. Hopefully, the crew at Lookout Landing can add it to their collection of my shots.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was just gonna say...

3 hits with a homer...

But Jr. still struggling... Russell's really tearing it up... whats his May numbers...?

EDIT ~ ARGH, spoke too soon... and just like that, its down to a 3-run lead... here come the Angels...
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom