Official Seattle Mariners 2009 Season Thread Vol. Season Over

Yeah it looked like the M's were gonna cruise today, looks like the BP will have to hold it down.

Damn, Vlad bailed us out on that one...

Come on Ichi... get that triple!

EDIT ~ but I'll take a double down the rightfield line...

laugh.gif
smh.gif

WTH!?!?!? how the hell do you send the runner on that!?!?!?

Ichiro going on contact ~ fine...

M's trying to be agressive ~ fine...

But sending Beltre with Branyan and Lopez coming up!?!?!? Baffling...

The M's got the miraculous win last night..and today they completely blow a 8-1 lead.....this is why this team is not a contender and straight up apretender.

nice loss. i cannot believe BOTH of our closers imploded in one season. bull!#%!@. the M's are cursed for sure.

tired.gif
I wouldn't be so quick to chalk this one up to Aardsma, although he had a huge part. Main thing is that he was obviously tired, and the call for Wak towalk Torii to fill the bases was a dumb coaching move. Maybe if someone was warming up to bring in I could see it, but you can't walk the bases loaded whenyour pitcher isn't anywhere close to throwing strikes.

The frustrating thing is Aardsma just couldn't find his location at all, he totally beat himself rather than the Angel's beating him. The other part isthe M's are playing just well enough to keep your hopes up and interested and then they do something like this to bring the frustration level up. If youthink about it, if it wasn't for the bullpen this could've been a 5 game winning streak and momentum heading into the homestand. Instead it'smediocre baseball at it's best, and Ichiro racking up the hit-meter. Man is he white hot!

^ About that homestand...Twins are in town for the weekend, and I'll be there on Sunday.

I want to go on Friday and Sat too, but not sure about it yet....Regardless...I'll have to put my Seattle cheers in my pocket for that one. GO TWINS!

ARGH... you don't walk (what was it 3 batters?) in the 9th and expect to get away with it...
smh.gif

But at the same time, I also need to bring it back to Bruce Hines (3rd base coach) for waving Beltre in... Its not a guarantee that Branyan would have driventhem in, but Beltre was so far out it was ridiculous... Hines said it amounted to a "pure gamble"... damn.
smh.gif

"I got it, I got it..."
ohwell.gif
Good thing this incidentdidn't cost us the win...
eyes.gif
oh wait.
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

4ba3b436e4d36325d6c4537bdff490ce-getty-85130412jg022_seattle_marin.jpg

Alright Alright I think starting today this homestand is really the make it or break it point in the season. I've been optimistic since day one althoughyesterday I almost lost it completely. Let's start a winning streak this series starting tonight.....scoreless top of the 1st by Washburn, now lets seethat offensive attack again M's!

Ichiro on third nobody out.....and we get a popout, strikeout, and another popout...this team must be sponsored by Jack Daniels or something because it suremakes you want to grab a drink.

starting to hear Bedard's name in the trade talks.....man oh man we should have kept Jones..this series will be a reminder
ohwell.gif

I was watching a Phillies game last week and they were saying they were interested in both Bedard and Washburn to fill a hole in their rotation.

We might as well dish them off to contending teams if we can get some very good prospects/young talent in return

I rather this team suck now and be able to watch some young talent develop into a potential force for the future

True that, and besides, how much worse can this offense get? I've seen rookies bat .230 with 3HR's
laugh.gif
. But seriously its not likely the M's aregonna re-sign them anyways so you might as well pull the trigger while they're pitching at a high level, unless they somehow the M's get on a 6-gamewinning streak or something then I'd say keep them.

Speaking of which Washburn is dealing again tonight...poor guy just gets no run support. C'mon M's get some runs!

Back
Top Bottom