Official SKINS thread?

This version just sucks, 
30t6p3b.gif

should have gotten slightly better looking girls.

UK show's girls just about crap on these. well, besides michelle (nips), they're about the same. everybody else is meh, especially effy's terrible replacement
30t6p3b.gif

effy > all

should have gotten slightly better looking girls.

UK show's girls just about crap on these. well, besides michelle (nips), they're about the same. everybody else is meh, especially effy's terrible replacement
30t6p3b.gif

effy > all

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

So there needs to be nudity and cursing in order for a show to flourish?

absolutely.

those are the very things that made Skins such a crazy show in the first place.

they were reckless with it, and the lack of censorship made for great unrestricted writing.

it's obvious MTV is dealing with what they can and can't do/say/show, and that takes A LOT away from the US version.

absolutely.

they were reckless with it, and the lack of censorship made for great unrestricted writing.

it's obvious MTV is dealing with what they can and can't do/say/show, and that takes A LOT away from the US version.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

absolutely.

and honestly, there wasn't even that much nudity in the UK version.

cursing? yeah, but nudity was very minimal.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

absolutely.

and honestly, there wasn't even that much nudity in the UK version.

cursing? yeah, but nudity was very minimal.

It's not about these ancillary details of a show. It's about creative expression and success. MTV is allergic to it.

It's not about these ancillary details of a show. It's about creative expression and success. MTV is allergic to it.

The show was visually adequate, however some of the actors performances were off putting like Katie.

It'll be interesting to see how characters are developed differently seeing as how its not shot for shot. The kitchen scene didnt exist in the first one, didnt even see "Cassie"/Katie until the party started and then you get an idea about how crazy she is. Hopefully they break from the UK version completely and the characters come into their own. I actually was not mad about the guy playing Chris, i think he'll grow into his own.

Oh and it was pretty easy to tell who the canadian actors were. Some of the writing, the way the actors talked, and the sets makes it obvious this is a mostly canadian show.

Worst of all the audio was terrible, half of it was ADR, I just wish it would've been more polished. So long as the production quality doesn't stay @*% there some hope for it.

The show was visually adequate, however some of the actors performances were off putting like Katie.

It'll be interesting to see how characters are developed differently seeing as how its not shot for shot. The kitchen scene didnt exist in the first one, didnt even see "Cassie"/Katie until the party started and then you get an idea about how crazy she is. Hopefully they break from the UK version completely and the characters come into their own. I actually was not mad about the guy playing Chris, i think he'll grow into his own.

Oh and it was pretty easy to tell who the canadian actors were. Some of the writing, the way the actors talked, and the sets makes it obvious this is a mostly canadian show.

Worst of all the audio was terrible, half of it was ADR, I just wish it would've been more polished. So long as the production quality doesn't stay @*% there some hope for it.

Watched the US version when it premiered and didnt like a lot of the dialog. Just finished watching the first UK episode and I liked it a lot more. The first episode was pretty much the exact same thing in both versions. Nearly the same dialog and a few different scenes.

Watched the US version when it premiered and didnt like a lot of the dialog. Just finished watching the first UK episode and I liked it a lot more. The first episode was pretty much the exact same thing in both versions. Nearly the same dialog and a few different scenes.

listen to me skins uk was one of my favorite shows I doubt i will continue watching that version (liked series 1-3 a little of 4) but this one is to glammed up the uk version was necessarily gritty.

listen to me skins uk was one of my favorite shows I doubt i will continue watching that version (liked series 1-3 a little of 4) but this one is to glammed up the uk version was necessarily gritty.

the first episode was weak. American tony is too short to get away with what his character does. Im sure they just shot this in the UK with UK actors faking a US accent. You can tell by the soundtrack. If it was made in the US then they shoulda imported the real effy.
2lkeakl.jpg

My advice is get yourself that free month of netflix and watch the first 3 seasons of the original joint
pimp.gif

the first episode was weak. American tony is too short to get away with what his character does. Im sure they just shot this in the UK with UK actors faking a US accent. You can tell by the soundtrack. If it was made in the US then they shoulda imported the real effy.
2lkeakl.jpg

My advice is get yourself that free month of netflix and watch the first 3 seasons of the original joint
pimp.gif

If you haven't seen the OG Skins then you have no opinion here to know what's good and what's bad. 
indifferent.gif

I think I'm most pissed about the exclusion of Madison Twatters mustache tbh. They made Tony into a chump.
30t6p3b.gif
They killed one of my favorite shows in one night. If they touch Misfits...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If you haven't seen the OG Skins then you have no opinion here to know what's good and what's bad. 
indifferent.gif

I think I'm most pissed about the exclusion of Madison Twatters mustache tbh. They made Tony into a chump.
30t6p3b.gif
They killed one of my favorite shows in one night. If they touch Misfits...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i actually like the show. it had me chuckle a couple times.....i just think the dialogue is too forces... " i wanna buy some narcotics please" just say. i need some green or something. dont make it sound so corny, like a white guy from beverly hills wrote the script

i actually like the show. it had me chuckle a couple times.....i just think the dialogue is too forces... " i wanna buy some narcotics please" just say. i need some green or something. dont make it sound so corny, like a white guy from beverly hills wrote the script

I never watched the UK version, so I can't comment on that. W/ that said, the pilot wasn't that bad, except it was over the top a bit. Especially w/ them stealing a car IN BROAD DAYLIGHT and proceeding to speed, with out getting any flack from the cops. 
roll.gif
Aside from that, it's was an okay episode, it just feels like the show needs to be on HBO/Showtime(this way they have more freedom to curse, and explore other realms).

I never watched the UK version, so I can't comment on that. W/ that said, the pilot wasn't that bad, except it was over the top a bit. Especially w/ them stealing a car IN BROAD DAYLIGHT and proceeding to speed, with out getting any flack from the cops. 
roll.gif
Aside from that, it's was an okay episode, it just feels like the show needs to be on HBO/Showtime(this way they have more freedom to curse, and explore other realms).

Back
Top Bottom