Official Slam Dunk Jordan Release Thread

Not gonna ly I am deff gonna try n swing the super fly and the 6 but does any one no if any other models will come out and what happen to the white pair of 6s

roll.gif
at trying to push non retro models to the slam dunk fans. milk it for all it's worth

the fact that JB can strike a deal with a 20 year old manga and people are hyping these (albeir decent looking) shoes like they are the second coming of christ really speaks about itself on the state of the 'game'...

the fact that JB can strike a deal with a 20 year old manga and people are hyping these (albeir decent looking) shoes like they are the second coming of christ really speaks about itself on the state of the 'game'...
IMO it has nothing to do with the collab. ANYTHING that's air jordan gets hyped. Add limited to it and it's a wrap. Now that is what the state of the shoe game is. Smh

Completely agree with Grizzly on this one. Just because shoes get "discovered" and hyped for months prior to release doesn't mean that there aren't people out there that wanted the shoe because, it's a nice shoe. There are a ton of older heads that are really happy to see the 6 getting all the love this year. Add that to the fact that Slam Dunk is literally one of the most popular and highest selling manga series ever written (120 Million sold in Japan alone where the shoe is being released first) and it's a surprise and "hypebeasting" that people want to get there hands on it? It gets tiring to read that over and over on every release. Hypebeasts exist. We all get it. But there's no such thing as new heat? Why?

crazy how people just cant like a shoe anymore with out people thinking it's for other reasons other than just liking the shoe
Agreed it's sad. But oh well it works to my advantage sometimes. I like 14s unlike most hypebeasts so it makes copping pretty easy

tbh there may be some truth to your statement, but there are people out there like me who grew up on Slam Dunk the manga/anime and also love Js.. it's like the best of both worlds.. Jay and R Kelly minus the pee lol

Agreed it's sad. But oh well it works to my advantage sometimes. I like 14s unlike most hypebeasts so it makes copping pretty easy
yeah 14s are slept on hard.. i think if mj played another year and wore the 14s all year, things might be a bit different.  

I thought it was confirmed already that those white 6s werent releasing
they aren't..  the dude was talking about a picture in this thread of a pair of fire red 5s (3m tongue) with the same type of 3M illustrations like on this slam dunk 6, the 5 design is inspired by the character rukawa who were the fire red 5 in the series

Hate the fact that the majority of people who want these have never seen or heard of slam dunk. :smh:

They probably never watched Michael Jordan play either but I digress

Hate the fact that the majority of people who want these have never seen or heard of slam dunk. 
mean.gif

They probably never watched Michael Jordan play either but I digress
I dont really care if people havent seen Slam Dunk, but truly like the shoes. What really irks me is when people only want the shoe because its hyped and limited and just want to stunt on people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom