:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

bims92 wrote:
the part below the toebox of my fire red 3's are yellowing how can i restore this?

Try using seaglow. It works wonders on white rubber.

iBlink wrote:
a2b7_1.JPG
a5ef_1.JPG

Any advice on cleaning the tongues on these?

I myself use seaglow on leather tongues and side panels. On the seaglow directions, it says not for use on leather. But that stuff works great. It takes off everything from scuff marks, old stains to jean stains. Just use a little at a time. I condition the leather once im done though. The leather feels "weird" after you use the seaglow. I think the seaglow pulls everything including the moisture in the leather. You would need some kind of conditioner to prevent drying or cracking.

Good luck guys!

What about the spongy material?

on the black xx3's i got a little scuff on the front kind of a fading on the suede i tried baby oil but that stuff only workes for nubuck not suede anyhelp would be beneficial thanks

Will a VNDS pair of white/mocha 3's that haven't been worn for 5 years be safe to wear?

Please let me know, thanks.

^Depends on just how NDS they actuall are. If they've been worn casually enough to the point where the soles have been compressed enough, I wouldn'tthink they'd fall apart. If they were stored for a while with little or no actual wear at all, then I'd be cautious.

after using sea glow on my XI the soles became stick...
any one have this problem? and if so how did u get
rid of the "stickiness?"

-Thanks

Hey guys, is using a clorox bleach pen safe to use on the mesh uppers of concords? I've used it on some of my running shoes
that have mesh on them and they're ok, just wanted to know if they're safe for concords? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by 23NoKaOi

Hey guys, is using a clorox bleach pen safe to use on the mesh uppers of concords? I've used it on some of my running shoes
that have mesh on them and they're ok, just wanted to know if they're safe for concords? Thanks in advance.

I doubt there'll be any harm done but I'd stick with barkeepers friend. No guessing involved, you know?

I'm putting this up here very reluctantly because I know not too many people ever venture into this thread, but whenapplying seaglow, am I supposed to usea lot so that there's a thick coating? Or a little amount?

Originally Posted by bims92

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

p3310008sa8.jpg

p3310019sx2.jpg

the rubber has yellowed and hardened. It looks like the yellowing has seeped through the rubber. This only happened on one side of the shoe. As you can see, it is still white on the other shoe. Anyone know of a solution?

Thanks
got the same problem, any help?

Ok guys, I got my used xii and they looked like that pic. I dont have any before and after pics but maybe someone will do this and post them up. Here iswhat I used, not sure which one did most of the cleaning as I tried 3 different things 1. Mr. Clean magic eraser 2. something called Soft Scrub with bleach. 3.Clorox bleach pen. I first cleaned the shoe with the magic eraser, then scrubbed the Soft Scrub with one of those brushes that shoe cleaners come with, I didntwipe off right away I let it sit for about five minutes and then hit it up one more time with the magic eraser, and then used a towel to dry. They lookedimproved but not completely satisfied when I went to the store I found the Clorox bleach pen and bought it, got home, tried it and man did it work. I cantbelieve how good they turned out. I tried all three if you wanna try just 1 or 2 go ahead but try one of these 3 cleaners they helped out.....oh and pleasepost before and after pics.

I have a very thin glue strand on the White cloth material at the top of the shoe. I have attempted to remove it with tweezers, and with a pin. If anyone knowsof a solvent solution or has any other ideas to get it off, without destroying or discoloring the white, I would appreciate it.

Thaks in advance

has anyone found a way to restore the jordan iii midsole and pull tab from bone white to just white yet?

^ The only way to restore the midsole is to paint it. I recently had luck using seaglow on the pulltab. It went from bone/off white to a brighter white. Almostlike new, but not quite. It took a few sessions though.

Another tip, If you guys get any scuff marks on the painted sections above the midsole. Try wiping a little seaglow'd towel gently on that mark. Not toohard or you'll pull the paint off. Just enough pressure to pull that scuff mark off.

how should i clean the tounge on my cardinal 7's, i think the post said oxy clean buy i am not sure, also, would goof off work??
thanks!

is that water proofer from finishline safe ...im thinking bout sprayin it on but i dnt wany it to like make em yellow faster

Originally Posted by hkhan209

on the black xx3's i got a little scuff on the front kind of a fading on the suede i tried baby oil but that stuff only workes for nubuck not suede any help would be beneficial thanks

YEA I NEED THE SAME INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THIS FIXABLE??? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US!!!! IT LOOKS SO MUCH WORSE IN PERSON...

0b91524dce02592ae6f09a496891af6b43cbe5f.pjpg

c78358294d7bc10d08e05b672bc1d7d13fe2c70.pjpg

5fc15e40cd0a522c81000fc6afb295f5c587ebf.pjpg

that toe part on your XXIII is done, the fibers (fuzzies) are already gone and you'll do more damage than solution when you brush it. just let it be...

Originally Posted by optimusp517

What's a good performing deodorizer that can remove the stench from the inside of the shoes. Just picked up a used pair and smells like crap.

Check out Jason Markk and found nothing for inside of the shoes.

Take out the laces and open them up pretty good and spray them with fabreez. It works pretty good.

wll the jason markk cleaner : repair the cdp XVII?
What about the tounge on the cardinal VIIs?

Back
Top Bottom