:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

The laces on my Bred XIII's are snapping off at the tip, does anyone know where I can get laces that are pretty much the same. I am siding with either oval or round laces but if anyone has had theirs replaced before let me know which ones you bought.

fullylaced.com   $6.50

Pulled out my DMP 11s, Cool Greys, Space Jams and the yellowing has started, can someone please help me out with this, there are alot of different methods out there i am just trying to stop the yellowing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking to store my Jordan XI concord 2011's I just bought. I know the paper will discolor the shoe over time but my question is will the purple plastic cover inside the box discolor the shoe as well?

The Jordan 23s. Looks like the All-Star edition is having a serve problem on the thumbprint tongue area. It's all yellow and never have been worn. The rest of the tongue is fine.

Anyone have this issue and any suggestions on restoring it to its natural color?

2000 retros
Before
2eec00w.jpg

After
9qlp8j.jpg

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

^ looks like you seaglowed and dyed the soles
Retrobrite, but yea, same thing. 
I tried to keep the dye real light like when they first came out.  The blue is too dark IMO on the 2011s. 

I need your guys help! I have these DMP 11s that have what looks like a coffee stain on the midsole. Is there any way to remove this??? I was thinking about sanding it off gently with an extremely fine piece of sandpaper if I can't clean it off. LMK PLEASE! Thanks.

does anybody sea glow thier shoes before they wear them.  My concords have a small yellow spot and im wondering if seaglow will prevent yellow.  thoughts?

Originally Posted by cguy610

I tried to keep the dye real light like when they first came out.  The blue is too dark IMO on the 2011s. 

did u do it indoors or outside?
anyone know what i can do with this?
400502332.jpg

i was told sea glow would get it out but i dont have any. would retro brite work?

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

did u do it indoors or outside?
anyone know what i can do with this?
400502332.jpg

i was told sea glow would get it out but i dont have any. would retro brite work?

Indoors on the window sill.  I just left the sneaks on my window sill all day long. 

Try Mr. Clean Magic eraser.  Did you already try detergent?

The magic erasers work really well. I would try that for sure. I had a similar stain on a pair of my 6's and the eraser worked.

Originally Posted by JE15306

2000 retros
Before

After
Do you have a link or does anybody know how to do this?
nerd.gif
I'm now thinking about doing this to my Stealth 5's
nerd.gif
I used retrobrite from  http://www.restoremysneakers.com/sauce  .  It's run by a NTer (dalytso or something like that)
I put the sauce on, then covered the sneaks in saran rap, then I put the shoes in the window sill all day, since we don't get much sun in the northeast so I don't have to worry about the sneaks getting too hot and sole separation.

Then I bought some Rit dye (royal blue),  mixed a very little bit of it with water and then dyed the soles using a paintbrush. 

2000 retros
Before

After
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I used retrobrite from  http://www.restoremysneakers.com/sauce  .  It's run by a NTer (dalytso or something like that)
I put the sauce on, then covered the sneaks in saran rap, then I put the shoes in the window sill all day, since we don't get much sun in the northeast so I don't have to worry about the sneaks getting too hot and sole separation.

Then I bought some Rit dye (royal blue),  mixed a very little bit of it with water and then dyed the soles using a paintbrush. 
Thanks you so much
pimp.gif
 Btw, is that Retr0brite as effective as they state?
nerd.gif
 Thinking about buying 2 bottles.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Thanks you so much
pimp.gif
 Btw, is that Retr0brite as effective as they state?
nerd.gif
 Thinking about buying 2 bottles.
Yea, in under 2 weeks I reversed 10 years of yellowing on my XI's.  I used less than half a bottle. How many bottles? It depends on how many kicks you are going to use it on.  I got the retrobrite instead of sea glow cause you can use it on white soles too.  I'm working on restoring my Playoff XIIs right now.

You can do about 2-3 pairs with a 4 oz bottle.  Also depends on how beat the kicks are that you are starting with.

Hey, I was cleaning my metallic V's the other day with the Champs sneaker cleaner and I tried cleaning the soles with it, and the second I started to rub away, it instantly yellowed. Why is this?

i sea glowed my cool greys and the bottoms are real sticky.  i washed with soap and water but its still there.  what should i do

Anybody know how to clean or restore a scuff on the griffey max two. its that weird nubuck. any help would very much appreciated. thanks in advanced.

Back
Top Bottom